• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

Look, it basically comes down to whether you find the idea of Nathan fucking Dyer scoring a hat trick a romantic idea.

In fifty years, Dyer sits down and says "I scored two in a cup final but I had a chance to score my third. Sigh." In fifty years De Guzman sits down and says "I had a chance to score in a cup final but didn't take it. Sigh."

In both scenarios, they still win 5-0 and get to share the personal glory. It's not an FA Cup or Champions League final where it'll be remembered fondly by the world or a large viewerbase, its the League Cup which will only really matter to the one who won it in the end. And that's Swansea. 5-0. The whole team.

Do you know how many people have scored a hat-trick in a major cup final at Wembley? You can count them on one hand, with fingers to spare.

It's a once in a generation thing. He had every fucking right to be upset.

Messi

Detoxing pretty bad off months of daily/twice daily Monster energy drinks. I have the shakes, massive headaches ect.

Fuck this

Fuck all this English and Italian football, the true master league is returning next week. DANISH SUPER LIGA.

I don't know man, it's not the same without Grindheim...
nl5ECIP.jpg

/good for you, Messi

Great first half, winning 0-1 isn't enough, we should've scored one more. I'm a bit worried about Mexes and Muntari, having those two booked will distract them and I'm sure that at least one of them will be sent off. Except for Zapata, the rest of the team played perfectly, De Sciglio has been amazing upfront (not that good when it came down to defending), Montolivo once again mastered the midfield and Noce was good, even if he's back from an injury. Boateng seems to be finally in shape too.

I expect to see more from Balo now, he can (and must, tbh) score at least one goal.

I don't know man, it's not the same without Grindheim...
7VhqG5g.jpg

So happy that asshole is gone for at least a couple of months. He was seriously crying in the medias about the press hating on him because he was Norwegian, this was a year after every single danish journalist had collective orgasm over Ståle Solbakken. We got Werder GOD Daniel Jensen instead.

Wilbur

Banned
Do you know how many people have scored a hat-trick in a major cup final at Wembley? You can count them on one hand, with fingers to spare.

It's a once in a generation thing. He had every fucking right to be upset.

And De Guzman is probably never going to get a chance in a cup final at Wembley again, he had every right to take the penalty considering he's the nominal penalty taker. If he wasn't and he was the one who stormed over to get some personal glory, then he'd be a cunt. But why if we're all so willing to let Dyer take all the glory would we not give De Guzman the chance?

Say De Guzman takes the pen, scores the second like he does and then Swansea get a penalty in the last minute with Dyer still on the pitch. Does De Guzman hand over the penalty and miss out on a hat trick himself? No, he takes it and scores, but with the added caveat of being the normal penalty taker.

flippedb

Banned
Great first half, winning 0-1 isn't enough, we should've scored one more. I'm a bit worried about Mexes and Muntari, having those two booked will distract them and I'm sure that at least one of them will be sent off. Except for Zapata, the rest of the team played perfectly, De Sciglio has been amazing upfront (not that good when it came down to defending), Montolivo once again mastered the midfield and Noce was good, even if he's back from an injury. Boateng seems to be finally in shape too.

I expect to see more from Balo now, he can (and must, tbh) score at least one goal.

Montolivo unlocked his god mode against Barca, and it seems like it's still on. Great fisrt half he played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom