• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
I wonder how last season would have went if Cesc has stayed like the board wanted. Pep leaving Barcelona and their decline may have dampened his desire to go there.
What Barca decline? They can still win the treble this year. Got the La Liga locked up, they can easily turn 2 goals around against Milan and are in a sound position in the Spanish cup.

Salvadora

What Barca decline? They can still win the treble this year. Got the La Liga locked up, they can easily turn 2 goals around against Milan and are in a sound position in the Spanish cup.
I mean their general play style. They just don't look like the team they were a couple of seasons ago.

Zabojnik

A milanista saying lucky to Inter lol.........if you had any idea about what's going on in our season, the last thing you would say is "lucky".

Well, it is known that Culović plays for Milan. :D If nothing else Inter will probably get a decent moral boost out of this draw. Everybody expected them to lose.

What's going on with the elections in Italy? How's it looking?

faridmon

Looking at the Internationale categories, what a disappointing selection, I haven't watched No (Chile) but others weren't as good as I was led to believe. A royal Affair (Danmark)? You got to be joking. I hope Armour wins it.
I honestly don't know why I care *Le sigh*

Lightning

Banned
I mean their general play style. They just don't look like the team they were a couple of seasons ago.
Cesc and Sanchez don't fit at Barcelona. That's the problem. You can not play Cesc as a winger or false no 9 like Barca are doing because when it comes to straight finishing Cesc is not that good and is a very poor mans David Villa. Cesc's crossing is also not that great, doesn't have blistering speed, so what's the point in playing him as a winger?

faridmon

Also, listening to A history of Apple Pie's new record and its amazing. I am contemplating the idea of going to Holland just to see them now.

Salvadora

Cesc and Sanchez don't fit at Barcelona. That's the problem. You can not play Cesc as a winger or false no 9 like Barca are doing because when it comes to straight finishing Cesc is not that good and is a very poor mans David Villa. Cesc's crossing is also not that great, doesn't have blistering speed, so what's the point in playing him as a winger?

You would think that years of watching Cesc would tell them that he can't finish. Barcelona's domestic success doesn't really mean much because Real Madrid have went into the gutter this season. They basically have no competition.

jtb

Banned
Barcelona aren't winning the treble this season; they won't even make it past Milan. They'll be lucky to beat Real Madrid too, their recent results against them at the Camp Nou are pretty poor.

pulga

Banned
Since timerda is a terrible fan, imma take the liberty to post pictures from Becks return to Europe <3

1361746442_extras_albumes_0.jpg

Dat Becky-Zlatan love

1361746427_extras_albumes_0.jpg

Jumpsuit is boss
1361746249_extras_albumes_0.jpg

He should've banged the the ginger or blonde one
1361746333_extras_albumes_0.jpg

Dibbz

You would think that years of watching Cesc would tell them that he can't finish.

what? Fabregas is a pretty good finisher. He scored some great goals for Barca since he joined them. Not to mention a ton he scored for Arsenal. Obviously he ain't a number 9 but he is pretty great at getting goals for an attacking mid.

Salvadora

what? Fabregas is a pretty good finisher. He scored some great goals for Barca since he joined them. Not to mention a ton he scored for Arsenal. Obviously he ain't a number 9 but he is pretty great at getting goals for an attacking mid.
I remember him being pretty wasteful in front of goal. Sure he scored some great goals, but he missed quite a lot as well. He belongs at Arsenal :(

Messi

Barcelona aren't winning the treble this season; they won't even make it past Milan. They'll be lucky to beat Real Madrid too, their recent results against them at the Camp Nou are pretty poor.

Yeah the results in the Camp Nou have been pretty shit.

This is poor?

5-1 VS Bilbao
0-0 VS Benfica
4-1 VS Ath Madrid
4-0 VS Espanyol
5-0 VS Cordoba - Copa
2-2 VS Malaga - Copa
5-1 VS Osasuna
6-1 VS Getafe
2-1 VS Sevilla

Those are the results at home since december. Home results have not been a problem. Preformances have been less than stellar but still getting the job done.

Salvadora

Yeah the results in the Camp Nou have been pretty shit.

This is poor?

5-1 VS Bilbao
0-0 VS Benfica
4-1 VS Ath Madrid
4-0 VS Espanyol
5-0 VS Cordoba - Copa
2-2 VS Malaga - Copa
5-1 VS Osasuna
6-1 VS Getafe
2-1 VS Sevilla

Those are the results at home since december. Home results have not been a problem. Preformances have been less than stellar but still getting the job done.
I think he meant against Real Madrid.

Messi

This biggest problem with Barca right now is the fact that they can't keep a clean sheet to save their lifes. I fully expect Barca to have to score 4 against Milan. I also believe that they will do it.

I think he meant against Real Madrid.

Just realized that. Eh, point still stands. Home form is fine right now. Madrid game should be great though.

dc89

Since timerda is a terrible fan, imma take the liberty to post pictures from Becks return to Europe <3

1361746442_extras_albumes_0.jpg

I love that colour way of Adidas Predator. But even though red and black are the signature colour, they're surprisingly hard to find!

Salvadora

This biggest problem with Barca right now is the fact that they can't keep a clean sheet to save their lifes. I fully expect Barca to have to score 4 against Milan. I also believe that they will do it.

Just realized that. Eh, point still stands. Home form is fine right now. Madrid game should be great though.

Is it a concern that (thinking of the Milan game) Barcelona sometimes have a lot of possession yet seem afraid of the goal?

Messi

Is it a concern that (thinking of the Milan game) Barcelona sometimes have a lot of possession yet seem afraid of the goal?

It annoys me no end when a team parks the bus and Barca become afraid of the goal. Try some fucking shots from outside the box. Hell bring on Villa he will whip shots at the goal. Stop alves from blasting crazy shots into the stands.

Tello gives barca a more direct attacking edge. He is also the reason we did not lose against Sevilla this weekend.

--

Can someone cut out tello's head from that picture and make it an avatar? :p

jtb

Banned

yeah I meant Real Madrid. D-W-L-D at the Nou Camp is pretty good, all things considered. I think there's less pressure in the Clasico when either team plays away from home.

Messi

yeah I meant Real Madrid. D-W-L-D at the Nou Camp is pretty good, all things considered. I think there's less pressure in the Clasico when either team plays away from home.

Absolutely. Maybe its my blind faith in Barca. But I really believe we will win on tuesday. Villa will score also. Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom