• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pogba “I have a great will to learn and I like listening to others. That’s how I’m learning the language, also thanks to my teammates, especially Simone Pepe, who is always talking.”
Pepe
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Why? Weird, baseless statement to make.

Been there, done that.

Mastadon

Banned
Yeah, I really liked it too but it doesn't have that Oscar winner feel (apart from it being wrong I suppose :lol). Nothing since NCFOM has been deserved. Happy for Affleck though.

I liked Argo too, but it's easily the weakest film he's directed. Odd choice really.

Edit: I still haven't seen NCFOM - should really remedy that.

Because mobile phones and tablets do all the same things as a console dummy.

And everyone is poor.

Fry

Woah. I liked the movie well enough, but best picture? *smh*

I didn't think it was thaaaaat great either, but still... great. I'm fine with it winning because:

• Ben Affleck rules and deserves it after the snub.
  • They almost never give it to the really best movie of the year, anyway. (which I'm still not sure which one is)

I prefer The Town to Argo.

broony

Thought Newcastle played well again this weekend. But I still have the built in nervousness about us this season. We have played well to beat Villa, Chelsea and Southampton, narrowly were beaten by Spurs.

All of those matches could have gone the other way. While there are such small margins I can't relax at all. Was so refreshing last season, when everything was beyond expectation. I could sctually enjoy watching the macth wuithout feeling nervous as fuck for 90 mins. Got to love NUFC.

confuziz

Banned
Why? Weird, baseless statement to make.

Okay I'll give you a few reasons:

- Tablet/smartphone gaming taking over consoles/handhelds casual experience
- Consoles looking more and more like a PC
- Consoles are focusing more on being a media center, instead of a dedicated gaming system
- Economy is bad, will still be bad in a few years, high prices
- Possible used game blocking

But I assumed you all thought that through yourselves.

WIIU : ~30-35 million
PS4 : 70 million
New Xbox : 40-50 million.

Playstation brand is still the most popular, and a lot of people are very loyal towards them.

Wilbur

Banned
I didn't think it was thaaaaat great either, but still... great. I'm fine with it winning because:

• Ben Affleck rules and deserves it after the snub.
  • They almost never give it to the really best movie of the year, anyway. (which I'm still not sure which one is)

I prefer The Town to Argo.

Well it all boils down to opinion on what you think should win Best Picture I suppose, but - and this is with the benefit of retrospect - looking back at past winners and some of them just feel absolutely worthy of being awarded Best Picture of the year, even if they weren't necessarily so. The Godfather. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. Even Titanic which I don't like makes me think "yeah that's a Best Picture film".

Which is somewhat critical of the Academy because they seem to go for a specific type of film, but then you have winners like LOTR and NCFOM which are different but still feel like they're worthy. There's been an effort recently to give it to something different or an underdog because of those very things - Hurt Locker, Slumdog, The Artist, The King's Speech - and it just doesn't ring as true as them actually going for 'predictable Oscar fare' like Lincoln.

The only thing I expect of the Oscars is that the nominations are deserved ones. Not whether my favourite film of the year is on there, though that would be very nice. I don't really agree with the nature of these awards shows, but it's a nice thing.

Wilbur

Banned
Blergh, Slumdog Millionaire. 2008 was a rough year for best picture nominations. How did Benjamin Button even get the nod?

People laugh at TDK because of all the Internet warriors and fucking shit, but it probably did deserve the award that year.

Frost/Nixon and Milk were good - probably would have picked Milk out of the ones nominated -, and the Reader was shit.

But TDK was the best out of the films that legitimately felt like they could have been nominated, and In Bruges/Wall-E/Man On Wire were the best of the year.

Empty

all the best picture winners since no country seem the same to me. entertaining broadly appealing films with some intellectual credibility in their subject matters, but all of which are over the moment you leave the cinema.

People laugh at TDK because of all the Internet warriors and fucking shit, but it probably did deserve the award that year.

Frost/Nixon and Milk were good - probably would have picked Milk out of the ones nominated -, and the Reader was shit.

But TDK was the best out of the films that legitimately felt like they could have been nominated, and In Bruges/Wall-E/Man On Wire were the best of the year.

Yep, I'd agree with Milk out of the films that were nominated although I haven't seen The Reader. Also agree on In Bruges and Man on Wire.

dc89

Must be difficult. You know what happens when you feed the Goat.

:lol

----

I've just noticed a nice crease in the aluminium on the back of my iPhone 5. I honestly do not know how that has happened, it's not horrbily noticable and it does not have any bearing on the phones operation, but it's a little disconcerting because the phones less than 1 month old. Good job I have insurance should anything more sinister happen.

But....I do not know how, why or where this has happened. Hmm.

Edit:

Messi

http://www.cunt7.net/gallery/game/19_11_2011/cunt20.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://www.soccerbible.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/football-shirts.france/PSG_5F00_away10_5F00_m.jpg

He really does

Where did this PSG kit come from? What year?

jtb

Banned
fuck the haters. Slumdog is the best best picture winner of the past five years (King's Speech, The Artist, the Hurt Locker, Argo).

Linius

fuck the haters. Slumdog is the best best picture winner of the past five years (King's Speech, The Artist, the Hurt Locker, Argo).

The King's Speech for me. That film blew me away at the cinema.

Also; saw Wreck It Ralph last night. Awesome stuff!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The football Swansea played yesterday was superb. It begs the question: are Swansea the best footballing side in the league?

The best footballing side in the league wouldn't be 9th. I would expect any PL side to produce that kind of football against a frightened League Two side.

Kyoufu

Man Utd are the best footballing side in the league. They can play strong, attacking football. They can sit deep and play counter attack football. They can do it all.

Frogson is a genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom