• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

I used to like Barca more than Real when Ronaldinho was there, but despite them having awesome players and Pep who I liked I just can't stand the way everyone - including themselves, Xavi you cunt - thinks their way is the only way and that anyone who disagrees hates football or whatever. I can't stand them now.

I don't feel like Barca's way is the only way. I really believe that Barca need to seriously look into finding a plan B to expose teams again.

arkon

I still think United are favorites to beat us, they'll surely hand the ball to us and we'll do shit with it. Should make for an exciting back and forth game, hopefully the cuntish incidents will boil down seeing as there isn't any saltitude between the two teams.

Hopefully Mourinho will keep the regular starters at a minimum on saturday.

I think you had chances in the first game. Not as clear-cut as some of the United ones but on another day and with another goalkeeper you might have gotten away with a 2-1 in that game. I didn't think you were that shit with it, it's just they had a good defensive display on the night.

Wilbur

Banned
We can all agree that the world's most universally liked soccer team is Manchester United Football Club, or the 'Red Devils'. 659 million people can't be wrong.

pulga

Banned
Mm, it's an odd one because you can't read too much into a game against Barcelona. On one hand it seems like Madrid totally deserved the win, but it came because they did what every sensible team does (i.e. everyone but Arsenal) and reacted to Barcelona's unique style of play. Considering Ferguson was there he'll definitely have noted even further that allowing you the chance to counter is far more dangerous than giving you the ball.

It's such a tough one to call I think. Collectively we're the better team and we're more than capable of sitting back and soaking up the pressure and giving you the ball, but you've got such outstanding individuals both on the pitch and on the touch line (WAGWAN ADAN) that we can't just rest on our laurels. Really looking forward to it.

Agree, can't wait. Our season still rests on the CL, winning only the CDR and Supercopa will still count as a disappointing season in my eyes,
they only taste great because we knocked the cunts out
so both teams have a lot to prove. I'm already thinking of reasons to skip work.

I must admit. I'm warming up to Real. I've always been in the Barca camp but Real are sexy.

And it's all because of that sexy French man. Varane that is, not Benzema. He's shit.

I would like Ronaldo but he's forever tainted by Man Utd and their fans.

Don't get me started on Varane, the boy is a revelation. France has two fantastically talented 19year old negritos <3

Clegg

I can admire the way Barca play the game. But their style just isn't for me.

I also dislike the fact that they've spawned a new type of fan who thumb their noses at any style which isn't tiki taka.

Thankfully that isn't a mainstream fad.

FootballFan

I used to like Barca more than Real when Ronaldinho was there, but despite them having awesome players and Pep who I liked I just can't stand the way everyone - including themselves, Xavi you cunt - thinks their way is the only way and that anyone who disagrees hates football or whatever. I can't stand them now.

Stop beating around the bush, if you hate football just say it.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't feel like Barca's way is the only way. I really believe that Barca need to seriously look into finding a plan B to expose teams again.

Oh I know not every fan is like that, I got nuff luff in my heart for guys like you and FF, but just the constant wanking since 2008 does my head in. When a Barca match is on and the commentators are horrendously biased I almost seethe :lol

Scum

And they can start by looking for a replacement for Valdes, dropping Cesc to the bench and getting a ST.

Wilbur

Banned
I like ManU too

<3

Bayern-United final will be the ultimate bro final, no saltiness between victor and loser. Chelsea can eat my sperm

Agree, can't wait. Our season still rests on the CL, winning only the CDR and Supercopa will still count as a disappointing season in my eyes,
they only taste great because we knocked the cunts out
so both teams have a lot to prove. I'm already thinking of reasons to skip work.

Already booked the night off!

Personally I think you're going to win. Tonight will have galvanised you massively.

I'll be disappointed if we lose and we've thrown away a fantastic first leg result, but come May if we've won the league overall I'll be fucking delighted.

I can admire the way Barca play the game. But their style just isn't for me.

I also dislike the fact that they've spawned a new type of fan who thumb their noses at any style which isn't tiki taka.

Thankfully that isn't a mainstream fad.

Yeah completely agreed. Barca with Henry and Eto'o were legitimately awesome to watch, 2007/08. Really liked that team, could mix possession football with thrilling counters.

Stop beating around the bush, if you hate football just say it.

:lol, I only ever watch reruns of New Zealand's unbeaten World Cup campaign anyway.

Any more nuggets from the MUFC facebook?

@MUFC_Facebook: rafhael would b good to karaoke with

@MUFC_Facebook: lets drive fast nd eat cheese toward wembley

@MUFC_Facebook: y do we have to beat mboro nd CHELSEA 2 get to d next round???????

@MUFC_Facebook: i quit my job b/c i like manchester united alot. ryan giggs is very old

Salvadora

Was thinking that today but does he speak Spanish? Might be a problem.
He speaks a bit of Spanish. It just seems like the perfect fit considering how similar Arsenal/Arsene and Barcelona are in some respects. Wenger would have a plan B.
I still seriously think Wenger would be a good choice for Madrid, if Mou is to ditch us at the end of the season.
I don't think Madrid is 'classy' enough.

Clegg

Would Wenger really be interested in the Madrid job though? He seems to finally be getting fed up with the the criticism he's receiving from the fans and the media.

Would he want to move to a club where press and fan scrutiny is twice as high?

FootballFan

Oh I know not every fan is like that, I got nuff luff in my heart for guys like you and FF, but just the constant wanking since 2008 does my head in. When a Barca match is on and the commentators are horrendously biased I almost seethe :lol

But all that praise just comes with it, hard for even a Barca fan to hear commentators talk about us.

The fact that there's all these players from the youth academy, playing attacking football, winning nearly every trophy they compete for etc.

The brown-nosing was guaranteed. That is just how it is.

Was thinking that today but does he speak Spanish? Might be a problem.

He speaks like 9 languages doesn't he?

arkon

@MUFC_Facebook: rafhael would b good to karaoke with

@MUFC_Facebook: lets drive fast nd eat cheese toward wembley

@MUFC_Facebook: y do we have to beat mboro nd CHELSEA 2 get to d next round???????

@MUFC_Facebook: i quit my job b/c i like manchester united alot. ryan giggs is very
old

:D

That is a whole lot of love.

FootballFan

:lol, I only ever watch reruns of New Zealand's unbeaten World Cup campaign anyway.

You are kidding. You have this dvd too?

z1WvJoj.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
But all that praise just comes with it, hard for even a Barca fan to hear commentators talk about us.

The fact that there's all these players from the youth academy, playing attacking football, winning nearly every trophy they compete for etc.

The brown-nosing was guaranteed. That is just how it is.

And there's a lot of things I admire about that, but places like FootyGAF where the majority aren't blind and we're actually quite reasonable, tactically sound and knowledgable posters aren't the norm. Far too often in mainstream media and circles Madrid are painted as the villains, only Busquets is vilified on Barca, Valdes is still thought of as a good keeper. For some reason the majority of the world don't know these things.

It's not entirely Barca's fault, but I don't like hey way they're become self-mythologising; Xavi especially has gone from someone I admired both for his football and his off pitch persona to an extremely irritating mouthpiece for the common Barcelona fan.

Salvadora

That old interview I dug up the other day in which he said he probably wouldn't sign a new contract lends credence to the idea that he may not be here much longer.

FootballFan

And there's a lot of things I admire about that, but places like FootyGAF where the majority aren't blind and we're actually quite reasonable, tactically sound and knowledgable posters aren't the norm. Far too often in mainstream media and circles Madrid are painted as the villains, only Busquets is vilified on Barca, Valdes is still thought of as a good keeper. For some reason the majority of the world don't know these things.

It's not entirely Barca's fault, but I don't like hey way they're become self-mythologising; Xavi especially has gone from someone I admired both for his football and his off pitch persona to an extremely irritating mouthpiece for the common Barcelona fan.

To be fair Valdes in 06-09 was a pretty decent keeper. Before that and after though, he could have been replaced by Messi and it would be no difference.

Also, Madrid are the villains.

pulga

Banned
dimaria-ankles-2-26-13.gif

Gets no respect from Madridistas, had he not done this and they would have claimed he was woeful when in reality he was one of the best players for Madrid.

What he's not putting into attack this season, he's improved defensively some.

Salvadora

I thought we would potentially get Kagawa because his teammate said Arsene had been in contact (which turned out to be false). Glad we dodged that bullet. In Arsene we trust.
Wenger? He's off upstairs. You'll get Moyes.
As much as I laugh at this, it could happen. Arsenal after Wenger will be very interesting.

Kyoufu

loooool Puyol needs to retire.

Barca need real defenders badly. Also a plan B and C or they are screwed. They're really boring to watch without real strategy.

Wilbur

Banned
:lol

You will get Moyes and then you'll get 9 more managers in 3 years and you'll fucking hate it.

It's going to be rocky times once Frogson leaves. Are Man Utd fans prepared?

I'm expecting us to finish 3rd/4th for a while. Won't drop out of the CL because we'll be able to attract some very good managers and we have a great infrastructure but Frigson is invaluable.

Keegan come to us, buy Shearer, profit

MPW

madrid > barca

cr7 > messi

oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!

madrid has knocked out barca twice over 2 legs in the last couple of months!

barca can beat us 5-0 on saturday and I don't give a fuck, that match doesn't matter and we will field a weak team

Kyoufu

I'm expecting us to finish 3rd/4th for a while. Won't drop out of the CL because we'll be able to attract some very good managers and we have a great infrastructure but Frigson is invaluable.

Keegan come to us, buy Shearer, profit

As long as Mourinho and Guardiola don't join I'll be fine with it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom