• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodvik

As much as I laugh at this, it could happen. Arsenal after Wenger will be very interesting.

They need someone who can win cups and has even beaten Arsenal in cup finals. Someone who is less stubborn that Wenger and less obsessed with young players and sticking with a certain play-style.

He also happens to be available after walking away for ethical reasons from Notts Forest.

dimaria-ankles-2-26-13.gif

Gets no respect from Madridistas, had he not done this and they would have claimed he was woeful when in reality he was one of the best players for Madrid.

I love this ugly son of a bitch.

Is it still too soon to mock Farça? hahahaha fuck you Farça hahahahahhaa

It feels so good. It's a shitty cup game or whatever, but they are so bitter right now.

FootballFan

madrid > barca

cr7 > messi

oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!

madrid has knocked out barca twice over 2 legs in the last couple of months!

barca can beat us 5-0 on saturday and I don't give a fuck, that match doesn't matter and we will field a weak team

Don't let a match cloud your judgement. 16 points behind for a reason.

edit
Congrats War recon, it would definitely feel good beating us by two goals considering the last 3/4 years and how you guys have done.

pulga

Banned
Before Wenger (or anyone else) we need to have Jupp Heynckes for one year so he can bring us another CL trophy.

Is Wenger going to be willing to go? Even more pressure than Arsenal and possibly his final managerial contract?

Would Wenger really be interested in the Madrid job though? He seems to finally be getting fed up with the the criticism he's receiving from the fans and the media.

Would he want to move to a club where press and fan scrutiny is twice as high?

More pressure than Arsenal, but twice as high funds to buy whom he pleases, be able to retain his star players AND a chance to whip that academy into something where they'd have chances in the first team. Surely Wenger must want to win a CL sometime before he retires? He'll have a better shot at Madrid than he would if he stayed at Arsenal.

Purely speculating if and only if Mou leaves us. I want that bastard for as long as we can.

Timurid

More pressure than Arsenal, but twice as high funds to buy whom he pleases, be able to retain his star players AND a chance to whip that academy into something where they'd have chances in the first team. Surely Wenger must want to win a CL sometime before he retires? He'll have a better shot at Madrid than he would if he stayed at Arsenal.

Purely speculating if and only if Mou leaves us. I want that bastard for as long as we can.

He is coming to Paris and we're going to win a couple CLs before he leaves to ManUtd.

Salvadora

More pressure than Arsenal, but twice as high funds to buy whom he pleases, be able to retain his star players AND a chance to whip that academy into something where they have chances in the first team. Surely Wenger must want to win a CL sometime before he retires? He'll have a better shot at Madrid than he would if he stayed at Arsenal.

By all accounts Wenger has more than enough money yet doesn't spend it. Wenger has Fergie-like control at Arsenal which he wouldn't have Madrid. It just isn't a good fit. He may just go to City/Chelsea/PSG if he wanted money.

pulga

Banned
He is coming to Paris and we're going to win a couple CLs before he leaves to ManUtd.

You want Wenger now? :lol

By all accounts Wenger has more than enough money yet doesn't spend it. Wenger has Fergie-like control at Arsenal which he wouldn't have Madrid. It just isn't a good fit. He may just go to City/Chelsea/PSG if he wanted money.

Which is why I want him at Madrid. I'd love for us to have, in the future, a club policy ala United and Arsenal. The coaches don't get enough respect in our club culture, and I think Wenger could be a fantastic stepping stone into that type of mentality.

But yeah, the spanish press are cunts and would probably run him off after one season.

Timurid

You want Wenger now? :lol

Which is why I want him at Madrid. I'd love for us to have, in the future, a club policy ala United and Arsenal. The coaches don't get enough respect in our club culture, and I think Wenger could be a fantastic stepping stone into that type of mentality.

But yeah, the spanish press are cunts and would probably run him off after one season.

I want Mou or Wenger!

Noirulus

Speaking of absentees, I don't even remember Higuain in the game. Maybe him and Messi were sharing a drink while watching the game at a pub?

Messi

madrid > barca

cr7 > messi

oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!

madrid has knocked out barca twice over 2 legs in the last couple of months!

barca can beat us 5-0 on saturday and I don't give a fuck, that match doesn't matter and we will field a weak team

This made me laugh.

Enjoy your win MPW.

pulga

Banned
Speaking of absentees, I don't even remember Higuain in the game. Maybe him and Messi were sharing a drink while watching the game at a pub?

I'd love it if Mou gave Morata a chance on saturday, Higuain and Benzema's forms are dire. We need to find our next Raúl <3

Wilbur

Banned
Laudrup would be a dumb choice. If he has another good season or two then sure, but now? Nope.

Has to be someone with enough experience at the top level. I think there's an argument for that Dragan guy Wenger likes, but how long will Arsenal give a new inexperienced guy time considering it may be 10 years without a trophy by then?

pulga

Banned
Messi stuck in second. Too bad Ronaldo is leaving to PSG according to Timu, otherwise Pinto would continue to move him up.

He'll definitely get a shot at wrecking the top of the list on saturday. Adan, Carvalho, Albiol and co. should provide enough chances for some Madridlols.

Salvadora

I'm sure there are lots of managers we have yet to hear of that could be the next Wenger. We should perhaps look outside Europe, or even just beyond the usual suspects.

Randdalf

I'm sure there are lots of managers we have yet to hear of that could be the next Wenger. We should perhaps look outside Europe, or even just beyond the usual suspects.

I don't think following the player recruitment policy at Arsenal is going to be in their best interest when getting a new manager.

Scum

Cesc should have stayed at Arsenal 'til he was 27/28. Then moved to Barca to replace the aging Xavi. Now he seems like just like a two-bit player that doesn't seem to fit in into the starting line-up. He's better off on the bench or back at Arsenal.

Wilbur

Banned

I just think it comes down to how long the fans can wait. Even if Liverpool can say "well it might be a few years with B-Rod until we win anything", they still have the League Cup and an FA Cup final from last season to tide them over. Chelsea are having a repugnantly shit year and still they chant that Champions of Europe hilarity. If Arsenal get a new guy, likelihood is it takes a while for him to get to grips and win something. By then, after another year of Wenger and 2/3 years of new guy, it's 10, 11, 12 years.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Alert: Ronaldinho is having an incredible match with Mineiro right now; it's a joy to watch him play. They are beating Arsenal 2-5 in Argentina.

pulga

Banned

Im crossing my fingers for Raul to pull a Cunte and become a managerial success so he can stay with us forever and ever and never run to the bundesliga.

Noirulus

The "Iniesta-Fàbregas" section is particularly insightful. It says everything everybody knows but explains it so efficiently that I even wanna watch the match again to look at issues like that.

Most certainly. It must be maddening to be a Barcelona fan and watch these glaring issues in the midfield that the manager won't do anything about. Hell, Roura didn't even bring Villa in despite Messi's comments after their game against Sevilla.

Salvadora

Could we ever have female managers?
I don't think following the player recruitment policy at Arsenal is going to be in their best interest when getting a new manager.
I don't that is necessarily the case in terms of managers.
Cesc should have stayed at Arsenal 'til he was 27/28. Then moved to Barca to replace the aging Xavi. Now he seems like just like a two-bit player that doesn't seem to fit in into the starting line-up. He's better off on the bench or back at Arsenal.
Completely true. It's a shame we never saw the player he could have became at Arsenal.
I just think it comes down to how long the fans can wait. Even if Liverpool can say "well it might be a few years with B-Rod until we win anything", they still have the League Cup and an FA Cup final from last season to tide them over. Chelsea are having a repugnantly shit year and still they chant that Champions of Europe hilarity. If Arsenal get a new guy, likelihood is it takes a while for him to get to grips and win something. By then, after another year of Wenger and 2/3 years of new guy, it's 10, 11, 12 years.
Wenger was immediately successful when he came to Arsenal, although to be fair the next manager won't be inheriting the same sort of squad. It's been a pretty heartbreaking season but I don't think we are incapable of winning the CoC or the FA Cup. We just need a bit of luck and we'll have this rock off our neck.

Noirulus

Wenger needs to improve Arsenal before he is welcome at Madrid. Sadly, improving Arsenal would definitely mean that he'll stay at Arsenal.

ME2 is really good. Obviously its structurally a lot different and streamlined than the first, but its still a great game. Did one main mission and unlocked about 8 more, 4 of them are on Illium though

People go on about Nathan Drake being a mass murder, but Shephard is far worse, even when playing as Paragon

Ashley is still a stupid cunt

Salvadora

Depends on whether players can stop being sexist dipshits.
So that's a no then:( It would be a big step forward in the game.
ME2 is really good. Obviously its structurally a lot more different and streamlined from the first, but its still a great game. Did one main mission and unlocked about 8 more, 4 of them are on Illium though

People go on about Nathan Drake being a mass murder, but Shephard is far worse, even when playing as Paragon

How's my waifu Miranda treating you?

ME2 is really good. Obviously its structurally a lot different and streamlined than the first, but its still a great game. Did one main mission and unlocked about 8 more, 4 of them are on Illium though

Fuck Ashley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom