• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
Someone on my Facebook(Barca fan) seems to think Atletico Madrid, Valencia and Malaga are better than most PL and Serie A teams...

They probably are. Well, I don't know about Valencia, but they seem to keep selling off world-beaters so clearly they've got some quality. Atletico and Malaga have both been excellent this season though.

Messi

oh fuck :lol

I've seen a lot of those today. Here's this facebook status post I saw today:

Ridiculous mandrilistas (Madrid rhymes with Mandril, aka baboons) who post stupid stupidity, just because they beat the King of Football, a team which HAS HISTORY and dictates how the game should be played, there's never been a team with so many NAMES and CLASS/STYLE. VISCA BLAUGRANAS

and you guys ask why I hate these numbnuts so much. 80% of them are bandwagoners from the Dinho days. Not saying Ff is one, of course, I wouldn't presume to know.

iHfpzv6KLE3Qe.gif

WHAT.THE.FUCK

jtb

Banned
Cesc is one of the best midfielders in the world. If Roura's making a mistake, it's the fact that he (or anyone in the coaching staff, I guess) doesn't have the balls to just drop outright drop Xavi, who I thought was quite poor tonight and in Milan, and replace him like-for-like with Cesc.

That's why Barca bought Cesc in the first place, right? Might as well get the succession over with.

arkon

I'd like to see this show just because of Charlie Day. And wooden's fixation for it.

But it's too many episodes to catch up........ nah.

There's no time like the present. Just watch a few eps a day and you'll be caught up in no time.

Slizz

I'd like to see this show just because of Charlie Day. And wooden's fixation for it.

But it's too many episodes to catch up........ nah.

Dude... You don't even need to start from episode 1 season 1. You can kinda just float in and out and laugh your ass off. Of course watching from the beginning you'll get all the tiny nuances.

Messi

Barca, Madrid, Ath Madrid, Valencia and Malaga, maybe Sevilla could all hang in their respective areas in the PL. I think.

Wilbur

Banned
So La Liga has the strongest top 5 then?

Well, no. Maybe not. But they could definitely beat most of PL theoretically, much like Chelsea/Spurs could theoretically beat most of La Liga.

Madrid, Barca, Atletico, Malaga and Valencia.
United, City, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal.
Juventus, Napoli, Milan, Inter and Lazio.
Bayern, Dortmund, Schalke, Leverkusen and probably Hannover.

Serie A has the weakest top 5 but the most even league overall, La Liga has the two stand out teams but some top teams from other leagues are arguably better than two of the other top 5.

Fry

There's no time like the present. Just watch a few eps a day and you'll be caught up in no time.

Dude... You don't even need to start from episode 1 season 1. You can kinda just float in and out and laugh your ass off. Of course watching from the beginning you'll get all the tiny nuances.

Yeah, ok. I'll watch a handful of episodes on the weekend. :)

Timurid

Well, no. Maybe not. But they could definitely beat most of PL theoretically, much like Chelsea/Spurs could theoretically beat most of La Liga.

Madrid, Barca, Atletico, Malaga and Valencia.
United, City, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal.
Juventus, Napoli, Milan, Inter and Lazio.
Bayern, Dortmund, Schalke, Leverkusen and probably Hannover.

Serie A has the weakest top 5 but the most even league overall, La Liga has the two stand out teams but some top teams from other leagues are arguably better than two of the other top 5.
Bundeslol has the worst top 5.

pulga

Banned
Un malparido que le gusta Rubentus and Madrid hablando mierda, amazing.

Atleti won't sell him to you

jajajaja

Someday I'll find a photo from my 10th birthday where my friends and I played in some cheap knockoff Madrid and Juve shirts we had made for the occasion <3

Wilbur

Banned
Bundeslol has the worst top 5.

Yeah I was about to edit my post actually.

I would say La Liga have two very strong teams, Serie A has one, Bundesliga have two, and the PL either has two or three depending on what Chelsea turns up. Obviously this ignores how Spurs/Atletico/Napoli are doing right now and stuff, but I suppose I'm just judging it on paper.

pulga

Banned
Do any of you guys have a link or gif the Pepe incident? My mate is still badgering me about it. He loves Pepe's trolling more than anyone I know.

Salvadora

Yeah I was about to edit my post actually.

I would say La Liga have two very strong teams, Serie A has one, Bundesliga have two, and the PL either has two or three depending on what Chelsea turns up. Obviously this ignores how Spurs/Atletico/Napoli are doing right now and stuff, but I suppose I'm just judging it on paper.

There's no denying the EPL has the biggest teams though. The clubs tower above all but a few in the other leagues.

FootballFan

The "Iniesta-Fàbregas" section is particularly insightful. It says everything everybody knows but explains it so efficiently that I even wanna watch the match again to look at issues like that.

It is crazy that everyone can see it doesn't work but the coaches somehow don't. Or they do but don't want Cesc crying about not playing.

Wilbur

Banned
There's no denying the EPL has the biggest teams though. The clubs tower above all but a few in the other leagues.

Yeah well United/Arsenal/Liverpool have huge profiles, and Chelsea/City are obviously really well known because of their money. Bayern are the only huge one in Germany to most people I suppose, people who have only watched Dortmund this year seem absolutely surprised how well they're doing. Serie A has Juve, Milan and Inter I guess, and La Liga has the Cuntico teams.

It's odd how we're judging this, but I guess you just have to go off international profile/media coverage. Bit pointless but meh

Salvadora

Yeah well United/Arsenal/Liverpool have huge profiles, and Chelsea/City are obviously really well known because of their money. Bayern are the only huge one in Germany to most people I suppose, people who have only watched Dortmund this year seem absolutely surprised how well they're doing. Serie A has Juve, Milan and Inter I guess, and La Liga has the Cuntico teams.

It's odd how we're judging this, but I guess you just have to go off international profile/media coverage. Bit pointless but meh

I would be curious to hear about the amount of fans United/Arsenal/Liverpool and even potentially Chelsea have around the world. In Asia alone it must be staggering. On that front I think other than Barce/Real no-one really competes.

Lunchbox

Banned
I would be curious to hear about the amount of fans United/Arsenal/Liverpool and even potentially Chelsea have around the world. In Asia alone it must be staggering. On that front I think other than Barce/Real no-one really competes.
here you go, a bunch of Liverpool fans around the world

8THuWLl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom