• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.
FOOTBALL FAN, KOKO AND TIMMYMERDA

I'll play you guys on FIFA later when I get home :)

I have FF on PSN, let me know your PSNs so I can thrash you guys :p

I am so shit on FIFA

rvy

Banned
iilek0vqmgnDo.gif
WTF!

Ravanelli.bmp

Cesc's problem at Barca is that he just isn't as good as Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets.

Harsh truth. They're a level above him. Barca are compromising Iniesta for him.

Obvously those 3 are world class, whilst Fabregas isn't quite. But the way they and their oppenent's play makes him look far worse than he is, and completely nullifies his greatest abilities.

Anyone else find it odd that the Bergkamp statue is of something he did in a Holland shirt (I think its his first touch for that goal against Argentina?)

edit: Damn, I wish FIFA was good

Do you guys think we can get away with things that would get you banned in the gaming side? I kinda do.

Not really. We can get away with taking things off-topic, which is obviously necessary for a community thread, and we can abuse eachother with the understanding that none of it is really meant seriously

Nothing that breaks forum rules though

Although I do think that I'd be less likely to report something bannable to a mod if it happened in here

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This one is pretty cool if you're aware of the story:
Maradona to meet Palermo's Fabrizio Miccoli, after latter bought one of El Pibe's earrings, confiscated by the taxman, returning it to him.

panty

That's the thing I dont like here, the mods can be so inconsistent. Someone might give you 3 months and the other a perm.

That's the thing I dont like here, the mods can be so inconsistent. Someone might give you 3 months and the other a perm.

I think you should be banned and given the ability to exchange PMs with the mod. Getting banned for making jokes which are taken the wrong way is ridiculous, and easily rectified

If EA have any major exclusivity deal with MS, the PS4 is fucked :(

Exclusive battlefield 4 map packs for 2 weeks!

No way EA are going to give them something really big exclusive, wouldn't make sense for them. Sony also went into some exclusive partnership with them a few years ago and that didn't amount to that much.

The new leaked AC Milan shirt looks fantastic. Golden stripes and nothen else but red and black. Truly bad ass.

I don't like it :(

I don't get the golden stripes. They're tacky, I definitely prefer to see them white. It should like that be on the collar as well, I like the fact that it's smaller (this year's was incredibly ugly) but the red-black thing is awful to look at. Once again, little white stripes between the red and black on the shirt, not sure why they keep going on with it. I really hope that Adidas will someday get the fact that gold is not one of the three colors that should be on our shirt. It's red-black-white, not that hard.

I guess that we have to have a random italian flag somewhere, so they decided to put it on the collar as well. Still don't get why.

At least it's better than this:

Also, shut up Yurt :(

Exclusive battlefield 4 map packs for 2 weeks!

No way EA are going to give them something really big exclusive, wouldn't make sense for them. Sony also went into some exclusive partnership with them a few years ago and that didn't amount to that much.

EA have been the most aggressive anti-used guys, if MS don't allow used games, EA will be all over them. Hopefully if that happens the nextbox fails so EA have to move over

Fuck EA, EA sucks. Online passes, poor games, whoring franchises to the ground. Who gives two shits about EA. Sony should just create the football equivalent of MLB: The Show.

I wouldn't disagree (even BF3 was fucked over by DICE a few months after release) but they're a massive name with fingers in all sorts of genre-pies

God of War HD on PS+ :)

rvy

Banned
I wouldn't disagree (even BF3 was fucked over by DICE a few months after release) but they're a massive name with fingers in all sorts of genre-pies

God of War HD on PS+ :)

Sure, but if Sony is any smart, they can just pull a SEGA and create their own sports line. Hell, the NBA 2K series is my favorite sports franchise these days and the only reason it exists is because SGEA created the 2K sports line.
I can't even describe how funny it is to see EA cancel their NBA titles since 2011 because VC has such a better product.

God knows EA need some competition for FIFA. PES sucks, FIFA just sucks less.

Look at Dead Space 3 ffs.

dead.space.3.02.lg.jpg

That's what happens when you got a shit publisher and a shit developer. Dead space is possible the most overrated franchise of this generation, Assasins Creed is giving it good competition though. Visceral just sucks, Dantes inferno and The Godfather 2 were laughable too.

Sure, but if Sony is any smart, they can just pull a SEGA and create their own sports line. Hell, the NBA 2K series is my favorite sports franchise these days and the only reason it exists is because SGEA created the 2k sports line.

God knows EA need some competition for FIFA. PES sucks, FIFA just sucks less.

I've heard MLB: The Show is amazingly authentic and full-featured, but, you know, fuck baseball.

The football game genre really does need either Konami to step up their game (give them 2 years to make one for fuck's sake) or EA to for some reason stop resting on their laurels. EA won't do that without competition though, and I don't for one second believe that the PES team are capable of that these days.

It would be amazing if someone came from out of the blue like a good version of This Is Football. I know I bang on about this, but I genuinely believe that people would realise what a pile of shite FIFA is if they had a good new football game to compare it to.

Its one of those games where I honestly just can't fathom how people can abide by the loose gameplay/animation and shitty physics. I'm not trying to say that my opinion is more correct than others, but...it kind of is.

:p

Maybe I'll just hang around outside the stadium then and enjoy the atmosphere while eating a snitzel. Just thought it would be cool to go now that my company has sent me to the area for a trade fair. Thanks for the information. I'll try to see if something pops up.

Heh, though there's not much to do around the stadium since it's a bit away from the city center (but very close to the fair - if it's in the Westfalenhallen), but maybe you'll meet a good scalper around the stadium, lol
The tickets will go on sale around mid March and if I'm still around Dortmund in may, I'll definitely try to get tickets for the game (maybe one for you too) and maybe we can meet up, etc.

/Media says our top brass is considering keeping Lewandowski and letting his contract expire, thus not netting 25m transfer fee, wtf?! lol Please sign him, Utd. :|

rvy

Banned
I've heard MLB: The Show is amazingly authentic and full-featured, but, you know, fuck baseball.

The football game genre really does need either Konami to step up their game (give them 2 years to make one for fuck's sake) or EA to for some reason stop resting on their laurels. EA won't do that without competition though, and I don't for one second believe that the PES team are capable of that these days.

It would be amazing if someone came from out of the blue like a good version of This Is Football. I know I bang on about this, but I genuinely believe that people would realise what a pile of shite FIFA is if they had a good new football game to compare it to.

I think PES has been held back by technology a lot, they were still using the PS2 engine in 2009. They overhauled it in 2010, but it's still shit. Hopefully the FOX Engine can deliver something great, because the games have been unplayable since 2010.
At least animation-wise, the games won't look like shit any longer.

PES 2014 should be interesting. It better be too because I sure as hell am not buying any more FIFA. I'll just play NBA 2K instead, at least it's a simulation and looks realistic.

This is Football on the PS1 was fun as hell, too bad the PS2 ones sucked ass.

Its one of those games where I honestly just can't fathom how people can abide by the loose gameplay/animation and shitty physics. I'm not trying to say that my opinion is more correct than others, but...it kind of is.

Someone that finally understands me. Thank God.

GorillaJu

I actually agree. I don't play any football games because I don't like any of them. Fifa is de facto the "best" football game, but that's because PES is really bad :(

bjaelke

'The Mullets of Medellin' - a series of photographs by Stefan Ruiz and Rainbow Nelson who travelled to the Estadio Atanasio Girardot in Columbia and captured the glorious mullets of the fans of Deportivo Independiente Medellin and Atlético Nacional
footballers-mullet-024.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom