• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Rafa's rant against Chelsea fans was absolutely glorious, just seen it on SSN.

Spot on. Would love it if Chelsea didn't make the top four.

panty

The same reason Pepe got nothing for stamping on Messi's hand. Both teams act like douches in the Clasico sometimes.

Jordi Alba and Pedro disgraced themselves last night.

Edit:

tumblr_ly0panXZMR1qak12mo1_400.gif

He must get a ban. Use your UNICEF power Messi. Oh wait...

At least that got some coverage and actually was previewed.

http://www.goaledor.com/la-liga-new...-punish-stepping-messi-does-it-seem-fair.html

http://aol.sportingnews.com/soccer/...-madrids-pepe-apologizes-for-stomping-on-foot

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...and-during-El-Clasico-says-Jose-Mourinho.html

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...punish-pepe-for-stepping-on-messi-s-hand.html

Meanwhile Alba doesn't get shit, no one even cares if he's a little pussy ass diver.

Can't really blame Benitez but he should have just held his nerve. This only makes him look like he's lost it. Should have stayed quiet and left in the summer and perhaps spoken then, focus will now be on him rather than the fans and the crazy leadership structure.

Will be even tougher for him until the end of the season now. Fans will be more vocal against him and it's going to affect performances.

Arnie

Can't really blame Benitez but he should have just held his nerve. This only makes him look like he's lost it. Should have stayed quiet and left in the summer and perhaps spoken then, focus will now be on him rather than the fans and the crazy leadership structure.

Will be even tougher for him until the end of the season now. Fans will be more vocal against him and it's going to affect performances.

Who gives a shit?

We get to watch Chelsea crumble further and it's invariably their own fans' fault. Don't think Rafa's truly bothered, either. How could you be with that sort of reception and support?

@evanfanning said:
It's a bit ironic that Rafa motivated Chelsea fans to make their own banners. Given that that was part of the problem in the first place

looooool

Who gives a shit?

We get to watch Chelsea crumble further and it's invariably their own fans' fault. Don't think Rafa's truly bothered, either. How could you be with that sort of reception and support?
Heh I was just thinking that, he'd probably love it (LOVE IT) if they didnt finish in the top 4.

But I meant for his own sake, it'll only further damage his rep won't it? Don't know, there was very little for him to gain from this in the first place...should never have taken it on.

Arsenal better and Spurs for 3rd and 4th, pleaseeee.

Who gives a shit?

Well, he's obviously bothered, and don't think that his failed stint at Inter and this failed stint at Chelsea won't affect his reputation in football. This may be the last chance he gets at a top club and he's fucked it royally by screaming at the board and fans in public.

I enjoy watching Chowsea crumble though. Especially with a tactical genius at the helm.

Arnie

But I meant for his own sake, it'll only further damage his rep won't it? Don't know, there was very little for him to gain from this in the first place...should never have taken it on.

Not really.

Most sane people understand that he was doomed from the outset at Chelsea. Could see him going to Atletico when Simeone moves on, perhaps to Chelsea. The mystery of Rafa's unemployment lurked prior to his position at Chelsea, and I don't really think his situation has changed either way, to be honest.

Yen

Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes
First thing that always strikes me, whenever Rafa does anything, is quite how undimmed the hatred United fans have for him is. Quite odd.

Feorax

benitez has attacked the ownership at his last three clubs now too. which bodes poorly for other clubs hiring for him.

In fairness to him, our owners at the time were a matter of hours away from sending the club into administration. Can't really blame him for speaking out there.

Empty

In fairness to him, our owners at the time were a matter of hours away from sending the club into administration. Can't really blame him for speaking out there.

yeah and i agree with his comments against your owners, moratti and abramovich. just saying it's not the best reputation to have when you need to convince clubs you're worth giving another try after inter and chelsea. chairman want managers who play ball.

Suen

lol the Sevilla - Atletico match got crazy in the end. Sevilla got a late goal in injury time. Should have scored that one much earlier (like beginning of second half) to have a chance of winning. Right after that another Sevilla player received a red card :lol. Props to the fans though, stood behind their team all the time.

jtb

Banned
Rafa's probs going to Madrid anyway.

Surely he's learned that continually following Mourinho is just destined for failure. If Chelsea go after Pellegrini, the Malaga job wouldn't be a bad one to take on I think (assuming they're in the CL next season).

xintin

It didnt even seem like there were that many Chelsea fans at the game. must've been some really loud bastards.

Surely he's learned that continually following Mourinho is just destined for failure. If Chelsea go after Pellegrini, the Malaga job wouldn't be a bad one to take on I think (assuming they're in the CL next season).
Malaga are facing a 1 yr ban from UEFA because of their financial situation.

Kyoufu

He's right. Plastic fans aren't doing their team any favours. Morons. Hope they end up in Europa League.

I thought Malaga were suspended from UEFA Competition due to FFP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom