• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Sixty

Didn't see the interview but reading the quotes think Rafa is spot on.

The way the club and fans have acted from the very beginning is a joke.

Then again that isn't too surprising.

Hixx

There have been some incredibly thick bastards to become professional footballers but I am fairly confident in saying that James McClean tops them all.

Deleted his twitter again, more pro-IRA shit. Unbelievable.

Bumhead

Banned
Just seen Rafa's outburst.

Lulz.

To be fair he's right. Sections of the Chelsea support have behaved like a bunch of babies regarding Rafa. It is an agenda. Absolutely pathetic support from pathetic supporters. They would do well to remember when Chelsea were fucking shit and a complete non-entity in English football. It wasn't like it was long ago.

Diablos54

Honestly, can you blame the fans?

- Fired Matteo.
- Refuse to renew Lampard's contract.
- Kept Torres despite his bullshit on the pitch.
- Signed Rafa Benitez as interim manager.

I would be livid if something to that effect happened to Manchester United.
Fucking this.

Considering Rafa's history, did he really think he'd get the support of the fans from the off? Never going to happen in a million years. The only way to win over the fans was to win games, and he hasn't done that enough, simple as. Now I can't speak for every Chelsea fan, but I saw enough of Rafa at Lolerpool and Inter to know that this was going to be a disaster from the moment he was appointed manager. While he can have his moments, he can also be a fucking idiot as well, I mean, he still plays fucking Torres, that says it all IMO.

Saying that, he does have a few points. Making him Intreim Manager was a mistake, and RDM's not coming back so the section of the fans singing his name every game need to STFU and get behind both Rafa and the team instead. It was fine for the first few games but it's been going on way too long and it's effecting the players and even the club as a whole now.

Lastly, Roman needs to fucking listen to us for once. We're the ones who pay every week to watch, and it's evident he still doesn't know a fucking thing about football or the club. The fact that Lampard hasn't got a contract is pathetic. £50 Million for a player who hadn't been anywhere near his best for almost a year was insane. Hiring a hated man to try and improve Torres was insane. Sacking the guy who done the impossible only a few months after was retarded.

As a Chelsea fan, apart from 1 or 2 bright spots (Mata, Lampard, Hazard kicking a douche), this whole season is a complete disaster, and it was so avoidable, I can't help but think Roman almost wants to crush the club or something... :(

Also, I wish everyone would stop referring to Chelsea fans as a collective. We're not all cunts... (Just most of us :p)

faridmon

Also, I have no sympathy for Rafa, he is the one who chose to take that kind of job and its his responsibility to make the team win whilst outburst from fans on him is happening. this club is not stable and surly he knows it.

Clegg

There have been some incredibly thick bastards to become professional footballers but I am fairly confident in saying that James McClean tops them all.

Deleted his twitter again, more pro-IRA shit. Unbelievable.

He hasn't done much wrong in this case.

He was talking about his favorite song which depicted an IRA soldier dying during Ireland's war for Independence.

It's not like he wrapped a balaclava 'round his head and started urging "the brothers" to continue the struggle against the British filth etc etc.

faridmon

Just seen Rafa's outburst.

Lulz.

To be fair he's right. Sections of the Chelsea support have behaved like a bunch of babies regarding Rafa. It is an agenda. Absolutely pathetic support from pathetic supporters. They would do well to remember when Chelsea were fucking shit and a complete non-entity in English football. It wasn't like it was long ago.

They don't have to. That was years ago and this is what the club is now. A rich club and they have the right to expect trophies just because they can afford it.

Bo-Locks

Honestly, can you blame the fans?

- Fired Matteo.
- Refuse to renew Lampard's contract.
- Kept Torres despite his bullshit on the pitch.
- Signed Rafa Benitez as interim manager.

I would be livid if something to that effect happened to Manchester United.

It has got to the point where Abramovich is damaging the club. He bought Chelsea, pumped a lot of money in, and without him Chelsea would still be a mid table club. But under the current circumstances he is actively harming their ambitions of competing with United/City and building a stable environment from which the club can prosper. Not that I care, karma's a bitch.

As much as I hate to say it, the Sheikh's at City are good owners who have a plan, want to build a brand, take a hands off approach, invest in the infrastructure, and give the personnel some time and space to do their job. They're not as stupid and bored as Abramovich.

Bumhead

Banned
They don't have to. That was years ago and this is what the club is now. A rich club and they have the right to expect trophies just because they can afford it.

How many trophies have they won in the last 10 years?

They won the fucking Champions League less than one year ago.

And then you've posts like the one above thinking the board are trying to "crush the club".

It's pathetic. The reaction to Rafa been pathetic. And let's stop the lies about it being about results. The man has been wanted out of Chelsea since the moment he went there, and all because he said some home truths about half of Chelsea's modern support base when he was at Liverpool. Sacking RDM was a strange and unpopular decision, but the conduct of some of Chelsea's fans since then has been worse.

FootballFan

I did. Too bad Falcao can't get it done against top level opposition(Rubin Kazan)

If you don't win can you at least injure some of their better players?

Sviat, I beat Freewheelin using Lokomotiv, he was CSKA.

I don't have to tell you who scored both my goals. #LoskovLegend.

Hixx

He hasn't done much wrong in this case.

He was talking about his favorite song which depicted an IRA soldier dying during Ireland's war for Independence.

It's a pro-IRA song.

He's thick as fuck for mentioning it after his sectarian rows when he was getting into the Ireland team and ofcourse the poppy incident.

Been fined 2 weeks wages anyway. Telegraph reckons he's pissing team mates off as well so hopefully he's fucked off in the summer.

faridmon

And then you've posts like the one above thinking the board are trying to "crush the club".

It's pathetic. The reaction to Rafa been pathetic. And let's stop the lies about it being about results. The man has been wanted out of Chelsea since the moment he went there, and all because he said some home truths about half of Chelsea's modern support base when he was at Liverpool. Sacking RDM was a strange and unpopular decision, but the conduct of some of Chelsea's fans since then has been worse.

I am not saying its not pathetic. Yes, some of the fans behaviour are incredibly stupid. However, saying that they should accept the fact that they are doing badly just because they were bad 10 years ago doesn't make sense. They have won things and the fans have the right to demand the club to set its bar as high as it can because they can afford it.

pulga

Banned
Saw this on another forum, old?:

AovABpa.gif

Anyway, lol Jordi.

This is what I mentioned during the match! I think Yurt saw it when it happened, too!

Fucking scumbags.

Has Xavi made comments anywhere about yesterday? I'm sure he has some hilarious stuff to say. :lol :lol

He did. He said something along the lines of "lol whatevs, it's the least important cup"

Yen

It's a pro-IRA song.

He's thick as fuck for mentioning it after his sectarian rows when he was getting into the Ireland team and ofcourse the poppy incident.

Been fined 2 weeks wages anyway. Telegraph reckons he's pissing team mates off as well so hopefully he's fucked off in the summer.

If it's about the original IRA, then it's not really a big controversy. But he should be banned from twitter anyway, moron.

Bumhead

Banned
I am not saying its not pathetic. Yes, some of the fans behaviour are incredibly stupid. However, saying that they should accept the fact that they are doing badly just because they were bad 10 years ago doesn't make sense. They have won things and the fans have the right to demand the club to set its bar as high as it can because they can afford it.

"Doing badly"

I don't know what world this is where winning the Champions League the season prior and still being in the Premiership top 4 and still in with a chance of winning a domestic trophy is considered "doing badly".

Maybe the game is passing me by. Worlds gone fucking mad.

Clegg

It's a pro-IRA song.

The only mistake Mc Clean made during the poppy incident was declaring that he wouldn't wear one. It was the media who made a big deal out of it.

The lad is talking about his favorite song on twitter. This is what he said "On flight for the maras game. Only one thing for it -headphones in, Wolfe Tones on! What's everyone's fave song? Broad Black Brimmer edges mine."Completely innocuous.

And as Yenrot mentioned, the song is about the IRA of the 1920's and not the terrorist organization who revived the name in the 1970's. There is a big difference between the two.

He's most certainly thick though.

Diablos54

I wasn't being serious when I said that BTW. :p

Of course Chelsea fans wanted Rafa out from the start, why wouldn't they? It would be like Kenny Dalglish replacing Moyes at Everton the season after they won a CL (lol). Combining both his history as a Liverpool manager during a time when the 2 clubs hated each other, along with his record at his previous job, are you really surprised?

I agree that some of the fans are making things much worse, but I can't blame them for not exactly having faith in the direction the club is heading. Also, I guarantee if we were in the position that United are in in the PL, the fans wouldn't have a problem with Rafa. It's all about results.

"Doing badly"

I don't know what world this is where winning the Champions League the season prior and still being in the Premiership top 4 and still in with a chance of winning a domestic trophy is considered "doing badly".

Maybe the game is passing me by. Worlds gone fucking mad.
If we're not challenging for the title or the CL, we're not having a good season, simple as. That's where the bar's been set at over the last decade, and I at least am not going to allow the club/manager a pass because we 'might' win the FA Cup, or we won the CL last year. That's the past, it's over, done. We have the finances and the players (Or did have the players, I miss Didier :( ) to be one of the strongest club teams in the world, and at the moment, we're anything but, and that's unacceptable.

GorillaJu

People continue to point out how poor Torres is and that the manager should give up on him, but they don't have any really good alternatives at the moment. From what I've seen of Ba at Chelsea it's the same story. He hasn't been good at all.

Anyway it's not just Rafa that's brought up this issue lately but Conte as well. Fans with an agenda are being selfish and damaging if they constantly show their intent to make the atmosphere as miserable and acerbic as possible. It doesn't help anyone, and with Rafa leaving in the summer anyway it's not like their discontent is needed to convince the management to fire him.

faridmon

Of course Chelsea fans wanted Rafa out from the start, why wouldn't they? It would be like Kenny Dalglish replacing Moyes at Everton the season after they won a CL (lol). Combining both his history as a Liverpool manager during a time when the 2 clubs hated each other, along with his record at his previous job, are you really surprised?

Thanks for the nightmare dude

Bumhead

Banned
I wasn't being serious when I said that BTW. :p

I agree that some of the fans are making things much worse, but I can't blame them for not exactly having faith in the direction the club is heading. Also, I guarantee if we were in the position that United are in in the PL, the fans wouldn't have a problem with Rafa. It's all about results.

Two contradictory statements there. It doesn't work both ways. The section of supporters who are wasting their time protesting against Rafa (and he's right in saying that) are the same section of fans who were protesting about him before a ball was even kicked in anger under his management.

Bumhead

Banned
If we're not challenging for the title or the CL, we're not having a good season, simple as. That's where the bar's been set at over the last decade, and I at least am not going to allow the club/manager a pass because we 'might' win the FA Cup, or we won the CL last year. That's the past, it's over, done. We have the finances and the players (Or did have the players, I miss Didier :( ) to be one of the strongest club teams in the world, and at the moment, we're anything but, and that's unacceptable.

God forbid anything actually bad happens to Chelsea.

You've got 10 years of success bought with Russian millions and its warped some of the fans sense of perspective and reality. Part of me would be really intrigued to see what happens if Roman pulls the plug.

faridmon

You've got 10 years of success bought with Russian millions and its warped some of the fans sense of perspective and reality. Part of me would be really intrigued to see what happens if Roman pulls the plug.

Meh, all of us would be like that if it happened to our club and won the CL

Diablos54

Two contradictory statements there. It doesn't work both ways. The section of supporters who are wasting their time protesting against Rafa (and he's right in saying that) are the same section of fans who were protesting about him before a ball was even kicked in anger under his management.
What I mean was that if Rafa got the results, the protests would stop (I hope).

While appointing Rafa was a stupid decision, that section of the fans should have shut up after the first few games at the latest. The fact that it's still going on says it all really, the whole situation's embarrassing. Look at Southampton, same thing happened, fans/players got behind the new manager, and now they're doing well.

And Arnie, would you be happy with if Moyes took over from Rafa the season after Liverpool won the CL? Of course you wouldn't, and it's exactly the same here.

What? You think United fans would consider a season in which they only won a FA Cup or even nothing at all a success? No, they wouldn't. Why should it be any different for Chelsea? We've been the 2nd best club results wise in England for the last 6/7 years, and now we're struggling to get top 4. It's unacceptable for a club which has the kind of resources and talent that Chelsea do

People continue to point out how poor Torres is and that the manager should give up on him, but they don't have any really good alternatives at the moment. From what I've seen of Ba at Chelsea it's the same story. He hasn't been good at all.

Anyway it's not just Rafa that's brought up this issue lately but Conte as well. Fans with an agenda are being selfish and damaging if they constantly show their intent to make the atmosphere as miserable and acerbic as possible. It doesn't help anyone, and with Rafa leaving in the summer anyway it's not like their discontent is needed to convince the management to fire him.

Chelsea is a striker's cemetery. It also doesn't help that they only have 2 strikers, and one of them is absolutely terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom