• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Did the Man U fans read that story on the DM about Dennis Schofield and Ryan Giggs? He found Giggsy when he was a kid and was a Man City scout at the time in addition to managing a youth club (and being a milkman, lol). He brought Giggs onto his youth team, Deans, and told the Man City brass to be at his door on the day he turned 14 since Man U were tapping him up despite Giggs playing in the City youth academy. City guys weren't there while Fergie was and the rest is history. It's a good read.

'At nine I had him down at City. They rolled out the red carpet for him, those comedians Little and Large, big City fans, they put down a red carpet for him too. For many years there was a photo on the wall at City of Ryan playing for them.

They used to say that when he signs at 14, "We'll have a big do."
'I said to Ken Barnes (City's chief scout) at the time: 'On Ryan's 14th birthday make sure you are in his house because United are tapping him.'

He said that City had already spoken to Ryan's mum and dad and that 'it's sorted'. On the morning of Ryan's 14th birthday Alex Ferguson and his chief scout Joe Brown were in his house and signed him.

City's men were in their office. 'For that calibre of boy you need to be first, there, sitting on them. Ryan was a United fan but I was very disappointed with City. I left them as a result.'

X1r8W6Y.png

What do you think bettingaf

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Forgot Newcastle play Swansea this weekend. Could really go either way.

1-1 is my prediction.

Newcastle are certain to win IMO. Every 'lesser' team that wins a cup goes off the boil in the league immediately, Swansea's season is over now and there is nothing to play for. That's what Spurs did when we won the League Cup in 2008.

Kyoufu

Newcastle are certain to win IMO. Every 'lesser' team that wins a cup goes off the boil in the league immediately, Swansea's season is over now and there is nothing to play for. That's what Spurs did when we won the League Cup in 2008.

Depends. We're playing well but Cisse is unreliable so we'll have to stop Michu if we're going to get anything.

I'm not afraid of Swansea but our only striker kind of sucks right now.

Carbonox

Depends. We're playing well but Cisse is unreliable so we'll have to stop Michu if we're going to get anything.

I'm not afraid of Swansea but our only striker kind of sucks right now.

It's OK, his consistency with shooting at the keeper or a post will serve well for Sissoko to win the game via rebounds.

ESPNFC says El Shaa was on an €800k annual salary until he just extended to 2018 today. That comes out to €15k a week. If that's accurate, the dude needs Mino as his agent ASAP. He apparently got a raise with this extension but he should be making 4-5 times that. Easily.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1358045/?cc=5901

I've always wondered if there was a higher pay disparity between players in other leagues compared to that of the PL. Even if you ignore the tax rate, I cant imagine any decent player of a top side in the EPL earning less than 40k

Zabojnik

Then it's probably his beard-mones responsible for the resurgence.

Hardly the first case of an allegedly finished older player that gets to enjoy a 'second youth' after he moves to a new club, manages to stay injury-free and is motivated as fuck.

Slizz

Hardly the first case of an allegedly finished older player that gets to enjoy a 'second youth' after he moves to a new club, manages to stay injury-free and is motivated as fuck.

That was a serious response about the beard-mones lol.

I didn't accuse Pirlo of being on anything, jus saying doping doesn't = faster speed.

And to your point look at Pato =P

Linius

PC gaming has ruined my spending on games. I now think buying games for like £20 is too much.

I'm used to spending like £4-5 per game in sales.

Bought Bioshock for Xbox (games on demand) for only five euros. So console gaming can be cheap too sometimes :p

Zabojnik

That was a serious response about the beard-mones lol.

I didn't accuse Pirlo of being on anything, jus saying doping doesn't = faster speed.

And to your point look at Pato =P

Not accusing you of anything either, just something I wanted to point out, I could've replied to any of the previous posts. What do you know of football anyway, you're American and 15 years old. Right?
I'm so bad at this.

Slizz

Not accusing you of anything either, just something I wanted to point out, I could've replied to any of the previous posts. What do you know of football anyway, you're American. Right? Fuck, I'm so bad at this.

Lol pre-match nerves, it's all good.

ESPNFC says El Shaa was on an €800k annual salary until he just extended to 2018 today. That comes out to €15k a week. If that's accurate, the dude needs Mino as his agent ASAP. He apparently got a raise with this extension but he should be making 4-5 times that. Easily.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1358045/?cc=5901

So, what's wrong with that? He signed that old deal when he was 18 or 19 and didn't do anything in Serie A yet. I mean, clubs like City might have fucked up some people's minds with the crazy wages they pay. But I don't see why someone would agree to pay a 18-year-old, although talented, some crazy amount of money for such a long time.

Götze was on less than €1m before his new contract, too.

Tc91

Bought Bioshock for Xbox (games on demand) for only five euros. So console gaming can be cheap too sometimes :p

Oh yeah it can, the current Xbox sale is really good for some games. Resident Evil 6 for £8 or something.

But I take a look at like Crysis 3 for example, £40 and I think no way I'm paying that I'll wait for it to drop. Same with Tomb Raider/Bioshock stuff like that will probably end up at like £12 somewhere.

Linius

Oh yeah it can, the current Xbox sale is really good for some games. Resident Evil 6 for £8 or something.

But I take a look at like Crysis 3 for example, £40 and I think no way I'm paying that I'll wait for it to drop. Same with Tomb Raider/Bioshock stuff like that will probably end up at like £12 somewhere.

Yeah, PC gaming is cheaper in general. I look at these prices with jealousy sometimes. Though I can get Tomb Raider rather cheap for a new release, a Dutch webshop is selling it for 40 euros. That would be roughly 35 pound. A decent price for a brand new game.

kharma45

It was £30 at one stage, from both Tesco and Zavvi.

Tc91

Yeah, PC gaming is cheaper in general. I look at these prices with jealousy sometimes. Though I can get Tomb Raider rather cheap for a new release, a Dutch webshop is selling it for 40 euros. That would be roughly 35 pound. A decent price for a brand new game.

Yeah PC gaming is the best. Love it.

Although I regret not buying that Wii U from Zavvi at £225. Wii U gaming :(

It was £30 at one stage, from both Tesco and Zavvi.

I found it cheaper, managed to snag a code for £20. Multiplayer is alright, I was in the beta and ended up getting pissed off at shotguns so servers that have banned the Jackal? That's good.

The graphics though omfg. Second mission is stunning.

kharma45

I found it cheaper, managed to snag a code for £20. Multiplayer is alright, I was in the beta and ended up getting pissed off at shotguns so servers that have banned the Jackal? That's good.

The graphics though omfg. Second mission is stunning.

Some kind soul gifted me it, graphics are outstanding.

Can already do that shit on pc, origin got some streaming service integrated mang

I'd forgotten about they had done that, take that Steam!

Wilbur

Banned
This is the worst thing I have ever seen. I have seen a lot of shit.

I believe that

Fuck me last night was so odd. Drinks in the pub from 7 to 10 and then drinking in Nandos until 4 in the morning, then I went back to my friend's house but it was locked and she wasn't answering her phone, so I tried to sleep outside until 5 but it was too cold so then I walked to the Travelodge but it was fully booked so then I got a bus and planned to just stay on it going round and round and sleep until my friend woke up, but the man kicked me off at Heathrow Terminal 5, so I went inside and got breakfast around half 6 and then fell asleep on one of the chairs until half 8 when my friend rang and I told her where I was and then I got the bus back to hers still drunk and slept from 10 to half 3.

Off out again tonight. Giggs probably has a better liver than I.

Meier

That's a lot of money for a shirt. The most I've ever paid was £30

The prices here are quite expensive -- the fact it isn't necessarily a mass market item doesn't help. With printing, tax and shipping, it's at least $120 to get a USMNT shirt.

So, what's wrong with that? He signed that old deal when he was 18 or 19 and didn't do anything in Serie A yet. I mean, clubs like City might have fucked up some people's minds with the crazy wages they pay. But I don't see why someone would agree to pay a 18-year-old, although talented, some crazy amount of money for such a long time.

Götze was on less than €1m before his new contract, too.
He extended his contract last July about a week after they'd already sold Zlatan. No way the first choice striker for one of the top 5-10 most famous clubs in the world should have been making that little. His agent needs a swift kick in the balls.

Wilbur

Banned
Also Forza Juve. There's an Italian girl at work from Bari but her boyfriend's from Turin. I started to wax lyrical about Cuntba and Barzagli but turns out he supports Sampdoria. Hmm.

Zabojnik

Also Forza Juve. There's an Italian girl at work from Bari but her boyfriend's from Turin. I started to wax lyrical about Cuntba and Barzagli but turns out he supports Sampdoria. Hmm.

From Turin, supports Sampdoria. Something's not right here.

JUVEEEEEEEEEEE!!! ANDIAMO, CAZZO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom