• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
They don't have Wenger though. *not even trolling*

Yeah, I wish we could be totally disorganised defensively and pay zero attention to the opposition. That's how you win things.

The Wenger of 2013 is not the same as the Wenger of 2003.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Conte was asked about the tussle between Giorgio Chiellini and Edinson Cavani. The defender pulled his hair and the striker reacted with an elbow to the face.

“Giorgio is seeing if Cavani has hair gel in… As for the elbow, the footage is there and everyone can make their own judgement on it. These situations happen in a tense game and you judge for yourselves.”

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

elbow.jpg

hairpull.jpg

AP709153851165.jpg

Books are for nerds

E1cFsbx.jpg

"Karl remains as impervious to knowledge as a moth does to the damaging effects of hot light bulbs. He seeks knowledge, but when it happens upon him something gets twisted in the transmitter and it comes out of his mouth adapted, totally different to the true meaning.

Not that his wonderful theories don't have some basis, that they somehow make sense despite the absurdity of the claim. How about his assertion that we're all told to eat five portions of fruit a day only because there's so much 'rubbish fruit' they're trying to get rid? They're even palming it off in shower gels such as 'hint of kiwi', says Karl by amusing way of 'proof'."

Truly a great book.

fuck bayern,

oh snap - so the Lewantraitorski suspension was reduced to two days, meaning that he'll be playing today, I guess that's cool, but I was kinda hoping for Schieber to get a chance :|

Milan-Lazio tonight :D

Balo won't play, still injured (apparently, he was hit pretty hard during the Derby), we'll probably see something like Abbiati; Abate-Zapata-Yepes-De Sciglio; Flamini-Montolivo-Muntari; Boateng-Pazzini-El Shaarawy; which is basically the usual formation before the transfer window. With yesterday night draw at Naples, we have a good chance to put Nazio behind us and get close to Napoli, which means direct access to next year's CL.

We have an incredible chance in our hands, so we'll probably waste it.

--

In other news, and I'm not sure if this has been posted, Cassano almost got into a fight with Stramaccioni. Cordoba and Stankovic stopped them just in time. Fun times.

Tc91

Ryan Giggs.

The stats on the BBC amaze me.

17 - Giggs was offered his first professional contract with Manchester United on his 17th birthday on 29 November 1990.

612 - Giggs has made 612 appearances in the Premier League, with 512 of those starts. He made his debut against Everton on 2 March 1991, climbing off the bench to replace full-back Denis Irwin in a 2-0 defeat.

37 - When Giggs smashed the ball into the top corner of the Benfica goal on 14 September 2011, he became the oldest scorer in the Champions League at 37 years, 289 days.

21 - He is the only player to have played and scored in every Premier League season. So long is his career that he even scored in the final two seasons of the old First Division that preceded the creation of the Premier League.

33 - In Giggs's time at Manchester United, he has won 33 trophies (12 Premier League titles, four FA Cups, four League Cups, two Champions Leagues, one European Super Cup, one Intercontinental Cup, one Fifa Club World Cup and eight Charity/Community Shields), making him the most decorated player in English football history.

0 - He has never received a red card during his club career, although he was once sent off for Wales, against Norway in September 2001.

Legend.

oh snap - so the Lewantraitorski suspension was reduced to two days, meaning that he'll be playing today, I guess that's cool, but I was kinda hoping for Schieber to get a chance :|

Yeah, it sucks to be honest. We need to get Schieber settled in our team or we might as well sell him with Lewandowski. There's no point for him to be back-up in this way for another season.

But well, looking at the CL match on Tuesday, it might not be the worst idea to give Lewandowski some match time after his shit performance against Bayern.

Clegg

Just seen the goal Villa scored against Arsenal. Spectacularly awful defending and dreadful keeping from Chesney.

I can't see how they won't concede against Spurs. Especially if Wenger is serious when he says he won't have a specific plan for Bale.

Wilbur

Banned
Happy birthday to Viva by the way! Hoping for a United victory to make that midnight celebratory wank a tad less remorseful.

If you're lucky maybe I'll be awake enough to make a gif later

Wilbur

Banned
:(

Yeah, Lazio tonight. Hernanes still scares the shit out of me.

Ehh, he's very good but I think he's restricted when he doesn't have someone with the same quality like Klose. There's only so much he can do with fucking knackers like Fioccari flopping around up front.

I think you'll win 2-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom