• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zaha played for Palace this evening and Holloway was impressed with his performance.

Ian Holloway on Zaha: "I find myself willing my other players to give it to him because the more he has it, the better my team does."

Ian Holloway on Zaha: "You just want to give him the ball."

Ian Holloway on Zaha: "Hopefully, a lot of fans around the country will see him still progress because it is so pure."

Ian Holloway on Zaha: "Good gracious me, it is quite unbelievable what he can do."

Ian Holloway on Zaha: "He just wants to get the ball and beat people, However many there are, he can do it.."

Ian Holloway on Zaha: "He is so unique. He is an untouched, pure talent. I've never worked with anyone like him."
:lol

You've already sold him for an outrageous amount Ian. Job done.

Atletico will win it with el tigre's help

Well they will need to be in top form! 2-0 down away from home will be tough.

I'd be surprised if Lyon kept a clean sheet Thursday but the game is in the balance, an early goal from us would kill the game but on the other hand Lyon are the ones who need the goal, we have shown this season, well recently that we can keep teams out.

GorillaJu

I wanted an English team to win the CL again this year but that looks impossible at this point so go Barça. 3-1 (Alves own goal) against Bayern in the final pls

Maybe spurs can win the EL, who knows?

Atletico lost 2-0 at home to Rubin Kazan in the first leg and are sending a weakened side for the return leg in sub-zero Moscow. I don't think so.

lol, I thought they were going with their A team.. but anyways, Russian teams tend to implode every once in a while, so who knows, maybe they still have a chance

lol, I thought they were going with their A team.. but anyways, Russian teams tend to implode every once and then, so who knows, maybe they still have a chance

No Diego Godin, Filipe Luis, Juanfran, Tiago Mendes, Koke and Arda Turan, who all played in the first leg. I just don't see Rubin losing by 2 goals in Russia to almost anyone. They are quite solid defensively. Plus weather forecast for Thursday’s match predicts temperatures of -10 degrees Celsius. Atletico will wilt.

sohois

Haha we won't really win it, we will bottle it if we come up against Chelsea.

Be nice to win it though but I'd much rather get 4th and finish above Arsenal, I really don't think I can take another season of us completely fucking up and letting them take it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: No way are Arsenal going to get top 4 this season, I would've thought that the past week was just further evidence. Perhaps one would suggest "Never write off Arsenal, they've done it before", etc. to which I would say, everything has to happen for a first time. This is the season that Arsenal fail to overcome the odds. For me the current top 4 is as sure as M Utd's title chances.

Wilbur

Banned
Feel so sorry for Wilshere. World class player surrounded by average ones. Almost like RVP at United, but even with averageness they still win....the bastards.

All our average players and you're still second you terrible bunch of cunts

All our average players and you're still second you terrible bunch of cunts

He forgets that Rppmey has as much goals as their 2 highest goal scorers, and Chicha has 2 more. So even if you don't count RVP, Rppmey and Chicha have more goals than Dzeko and Aguero. And that's not even counting assists where they lead in that category as well.

No Diego Godin, Filipe Luis, Juanfran, Tiago Mendes, Koke and Arda Turan, who all played in the first leg. I just don't see Rubin losing by 2 goals in Russia to almost anyone. They are quite solid defensively. Plus weather forecast for Thursday’s match predicts temperatures of -10 degrees Celsius. Atletico will wilt.

I think they have as much of a chance as Liverpool going through.
almost none

Copa Libertadores within an hour. Shall be fun to see
clubtijuana.jpg
vs Andres' colombian team

I think they have as much of a chance as Liverpool going through.
almost none

I have a bad feeling about this upcoming Liverpool match, to be honest. If Liverpool get an early goal then they'll start pouring it on with the crowd behind them. Plus Spalletti's will probably resort to his pussy tactics and go with 3 CBs and play super defensively. Even if we make it through I doubt I'll get much enjoyment from the game.

Yen

I have a bad feeling about this upcoming Liverpool match, to be honest. If Liverpool get an early goal then they'll start pouring it on with the crowd behind them. Plus Spalletti's will probably resort to his pussy tactics and go with 3 CBs and play super defensively. Even if we make it through I doubt I'll get much enjoyment from the game.

But...if we don't get an early goal/the first goal, Zenit will score two on the counter attack.

Dad told me tonight he was rushed to hospital late Sunday night with his heart. Seems like everything is ok but it's worrying non the less, family has terrible history of heart conditions.

He's a fucking Arsenal fan too, was a bit nervous watching the match tonight with him. Please Bayern, go easy on Arsenal in the return leg. For his sake.

Wilbur

Banned
Dad told me tonight he was rushed to hospital late Sunday night with his heart. Seems like everything is ok but it's worrying non the less, family has terrible history of heart conditions.

He's a fucking Arsenal fan too, was a bit nervous watching the match tonight with him. Please Bayern, go easy on Arsenal in the return leg. For his sake.

Sounds awful, hope everything's good Will. We have awful family history as well; in the last three years alone all three of my uncles on my mum's side have had heart attacks and my mum has a rare case of angina.

Kyoufu

I've been there mate...

For me it did not end well :(

arkon

Commiserations. Hope things turn out okay. Can't have been a good experience watching the match.

pulga

Banned
What I saw of the match at the gym and couldn't comment on: Gomez is shit, and Robben is a selfish piece of shit. #FUCKBAYERN

I also saw Wilshere talking with Muller. Probably pleading him to ask his president/Pep to take him out of his misery.

Pulga's prediction is on!

Told you motherfuckers <3

Shame about Malaga

Ummm I think they'll administer some EPO tonight to most of their players, at the hotel. Actovegin orally administered in the morning and then you'll have 11 midgets with stupifying stamina levels ready to take on the original PED team Milan.

This guy is crazy, but I like him. LOL

So if everyone is doing it, why is it cheating?

Milan must surely be doing it too. Even playing grounds. Wait, don't tell me, Barca are the only ones. lololol

Barca's the worst because you've been feeding HGH to the little dictator since he's like 11 :lol

And cmon man dont use the "if everyone is" argument, you're better than that!

Sounds awful, hope everything's good Will. We have awful family history as well; in the last three years alone all three of my uncles on my mum's side have had heart attacks and my mum has a rare case of angina.

Yeah, like I said it looks like it was nothing in the end. He got a new coffee machine and went a bit wild with it on Sunday to the point where his heart rate increased to 170 and prompted him to be rushed in by the paramedics :lol

More worrying just having a conversation with him regarding his heart knowing what has happened to so many of his family. Luckily it wasn't anything too serious. He just needs to not lose his shit experimenting with coffee :lol

GorillaJu

Yeah, like I said it looks like it was nothing in the end. He got a new coffee machine and went a bit wild with it on Sunday to the point where his heart rate increased to 170 and prompted him to be rushed in by the paramedics :lol

More worrying just having a conversation with him regarding his heart knowing what has happened to so many of his family. Luckily it wasn't anything too serious. He just needs to not lose his shit experimenting with coffee :lol

Yeah having a high heart rate isn't usually an indicator of an immediate heart failure. Chest and arm pain accompanied with nausea is where the trouble is.

My guess is that he drank too much coffee and noticed his heart rate increasing, which made him anxious and caused it to increase even more from adrenaline, creating a cyclical reaction to the point where it maxed out at around 170. In other words a panic attack.

Glad it sounds like he's okay.

Empty

meus you have to have made that what is love thread on purpose

the answer is obviously -

robin van persie

van persie

scores goals

TrueBlue

Hope it turns out okay man :/

pulga

Banned

Hope your dad gets off alright!

He shouldn't watch the return leg though, it's gonna be a massacre.

Clegg

Wanking too vigorously?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom