• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Hahahaha

Fuck

Titus.

Such a brilliant forename, though. If he wasnt such an incompetent athlete we might see it used more.

Salazar

The other angle is fucking damning (in terms of footballing competence, not physique)

okK08E7.gif

Just square up, for fucks sake.

Clegg

What happened to this guy?
There was all this hype about him and now nobody really talks about him.

He's had a very poor season for Bilbao.

Played 32 games in La Liga and only managed 1 goal and 1 assist. He's only 20 though, so he still has time to improve. I think Bilbao's on and off field problems haven't helped his progress.

Hixx

Hahahaha

Fuck

Titus.

Such a brilliant forename, though. If he wasnt such an incompetent athlete we might see it used more.

His middle name is Malachai.

Pretty funny/depressing as shit that a bloke, who is being paid 30k+ a week, his most redeeming quality is his fucking name.

Wes

venison crêpe
@BelgoFoot 14m

Rumours: Belgium first choice CB Vermaelen can leave #afc while reserves Zenit's Nic Lombaerts & Ajax's Toby Alderweireld are #epl bound.

K1LLER7

He's had a very poor season for Bilbao.

Played 32 games in La Liga and only managed 1 goal and 1 assist. He's only 20 though, so he still has time to improve. I think Bilbao's on and off field problems haven't helped his progress.
Damn, that's worse than Valencia's stats. Maybe he should move to another club. Liverpool perhaps.

subtles

Messi is only 12 goals away from matching Raul's all time champions league goal scoring record. Ronaldo is currently 9 goals behind Messi at the moment. Whats amazing is how young they are, particularly Messi.

Arnie

@BelgoFoot 14m

Rumours: Belgium first choice CB Vermaelen can leave #afc while reserves Zenit's Nic Lombaerts & Ajax's Toby Alderweireld are #epl bound.
Alderweireld, ey?

Perhaps the rumours were true. How reliable is this account? Mirror reporting that we're close to that Aspas fella too. Strange window, this. Just want Papadopoulos and a bowl of Crunchy Nut.

Zabojnik

Springsteen's Tunnel of Love is an amazing album. Failing marriages just seem to bring out the best in artists. Another case in point: U2's Achtung Baby.

Linius

Lol, Büttner's agent is a funny guy. Büttner isn't in the national selection for the Asia trip we're doing and some other back player who hardly every plays at Feyenoord is. So his agent said: "Maybe Van Gaal think he's German, because of the umlaut mark on his name" :p

You can have him as part of the Alderwiereld/Eriksen deal.

Doubt we still want him. But I think he would be a good player for us.

subtles

I wonder what will happen to Assaidi. Saw he's bound to leave this summer.

Didn't he burn bridges with Ajax when he picked us after agreeing to join them in principle? If not I'd love a player + cash exchange for Eriksen but he's sadly off to Dortmund.

Carbonox

Not even gonna lie, I'd like Vermaelen at Newcastle. Aside from always happening in FIFA 13, it will never happen in real life though.

Zabojnik

Lol, Büttner's agent is a funny guy. Büttner isn't in the national selection for the Asia trip we're doing and some other back player who hardly every plays at Feyenoord is. So his agent said: "Maybe Van Gaal think he's German, because of the umlaut mark on his name" :p

Comments like this are sure to change Van Gaal's mind, lol.

Arnie

You'll be playing one of your 10s out wide, then ?
Coutinho's done a lot of his good work on the left of a front three anyway, so we know he's capable. Both him and Eriksen possess the necessary speed and trickery in a one v one to do a job there.

Henderson's (invaluable) job in the team for the last few months has been tirelessly drifting around in the midfield to cover gaps left by the more creative players.

Could be a moot point anyway if Eriksen joins Dortmund (which is the likely destination at the moment).

Linius

Didn't he burn bridges with Ajax when he picked us after agreeing to join them in principle? If not I'd love a player + cash exchange for Eriksen but he's sadly off to Dortmund.

Yeah, it's not very likely we're still interested. And I also think Ajax wants to cash as much as possible for Eriksen instead of player involved deal. Just let Dortmund pay a large sum of money.

Clegg

Xavi semi-confirming Thiago's wish to leave?

"Thiago is a special player, not for the future, but for the present. Understand that I want the best for him, he doesn't have the continuity he wants, it also happened to me. I would say be patient, here at the club he has all the qualities to succeed. To stay or go is up to him, and what he wants but he is destined to triumph at Barcelona should he stay. There are many players with very good qualities & competitive, it happened to me as well."

dc89

Goal: City will "stun" English football "say sources" with a £120m spree to sign Cavani, Fernandinho, Isco, Thiago, Navas and Novaretti.

@Citywatch

Prepare to be stunned guys.

Pachimari

Jesus Navas has severe homesickness/anxiety issues which means it's unlikely he is leaving Spain.

He hasn't had that problem for a while now.

Goal: City will "stun" English football "say sources" with a £120m spree to sign Cavani, Fernandinho, Isco, Thiago, Navas and Novaretti.

@Citywatch

Leave your hands off Cavani. He wants to come to Real Madrid, he's whole family has basically played with the idea and we seem interested.

They can have Fernandinho, Thiago, Navas and Novaretti.

subtles

@Citywatch

I guess financial fair play is only there for clubs like Malaga. The sad part is clubs like Ajax may be perpetually stuck on 4 champion league titles due to "fair play".

Is Silva leaving this summer? Nasri? Dzeko? Tevez? That's a lot of clearing to do.

RaGe_pt

James Rodriguez and João Moutinho to AS Monaco is going to be confirmed today (it's been confirmed by our portuguese media already). 70 million euros to us! Thank you guys, we were amazing here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom