• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elseanio

Help me decide guys..

Been offered this (or as close to this I can get, can't find the specific water cooling the actual PC has) for £1000. yay or nay? My PC at the moment is alright.. (16GB ram, ssd, 560ti, 4Ghz i5)

GLGoxXA.png

Tc91

That is kind of a loaded statement. Pellegrini did not have a say in the transfers at Madrid in his one year there although obviously with the exception of Kaka, the other 3 moves have worked out well. Ronaldo was out for 2 months during his 1 season there and they still finished with 96 points in La Liga. I think it's safe to say that he might have won something if he was given another year or two but Madrid had a chance at Mourinho so they took it.

Expecting Pellegrini to win many trophies at Villreal and Malaga isn't realistic. He is a far, far more accomplished coach than Moyes (although Moyes is a very good coach in his own right). I like this quote from him:

I'm sure he's a good manager as he's proven with Malaga this season in the CL but is he the man to take City to the next step in achieving CL glory? I'm not too sure. He could prove me wrong and win something in his first year with you as could Moyes, I said I was still on the fence about him so I hope he proves me wrong too.

I'd stick with Mancini for another year after all he's the man who brought you the first trophy in 30+ years and the first league title in 40+ years. If he has to go and City are looking for their first CL then Rafa is the man.

operon

"Dortmund are a club where I would like to play," he told De Telegraaf. "I think I would be a good fit with the football there. Dortmund play nice, attacking football.

"The Bundesliga has never really been my preferred choice and a few years ago I would not even have considered it, but now I do. The competition is getting stronger and it is no coincidence the two Champions League finalists are German clubs.

"I know there has been contact between the two clubs, and both Ajax and Dortmund have already talked to my agent. I will consider all the clubs and quietly make a decision. I want clarity when preparing for the new season, that's the best thing – for everyone."

There it is folks. Keep your cocks inside, wrapped up in a cold, wet towel.

Honestly, no one really knows. Or at least, whoever he is, no one knows why his name is being mentioned so much. But muppets gonna mupp.

you had to do it, now I need to have a cold shower and think of marget thatcher

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Help me decide guys..

Been offered this (or as close to this I can get, can't find the specific water cooling the actual PC has) for £1000. yay or nay? My PC at the moment is alright.. (16GB ram, ssd, 560ti, 4Ghz i5)
You'd be seriously bottlenecking yourself with an i5 considering every other component is super high end. If you're spending that kind of cash you should wait until a new release (Ivy Bridge E)

GorillaJu

Help me decide guys..

GLGoxXA.png

Well that's obviously a monstrous PC, but the video card is essentially a generation newer than the one you have, is it not?

I just work on the premise that whatever you want, whatever you're willing to pay for, there'll be an equally good deal available in the future with newer hardware.

I have a 560 as well and I'm gonna wait another generation (or two) before I upgrade my card. I just don't see the purpose in having a cutting edge computer.

elseanio

Well that's obviously a monstrous PC, but the video card is essentially a generation newer than the one you have, is it not?

I just work on the premise that whatever you want, whatever you're willing to pay for, there'll be an equally good deal available in the future with newer hardware.

I have a 560 as well and I'm gonna wait another generation (or two) before I upgrade my card. I just don't see the purpose in having a cutting edge computer.

Yeah that's my problem. It's not a SUPER upgrade to what I have already :/

But with the card alone being RRP close to what he's selling the whole machine for, I dunno if I should pass it up

Help me decide guys..

GLGoxXA.png

Getting those parts for £1000 is pretty bonza. Not liking the GPU though.

The GPU is good but it's basically SLI (so not ideal) and only has 2GB functional GDDR5 RAM.

I'd probably take it and upgrade the GPU next year.

GorillaJu

But with the card alone being RRP close to what he's selling the whole machine for, I dunno if I should pass it up

Yeah, the pure economics of it make it appealing, but meh, if it were me, I'd just hold off awhile.

qindarka

Banned
I can't tell rumor from real news. I can't tell rumor from real news. I can't tell rumor from real news. I can't tell rumor from real news. I can't tell rumor from real news. I can't tell rumor from real news. I can't tell rumor from real news.

Did mou sign on Chelsea?

Nope, just speculation at the moment. Safest thing is not to trust news until it is officially announced. Some sites are more unreliable than others though, sources like the Daily Mail, The Sun, The Mirror, goal.com, tribalfootball and random tweets are not to be trusted.

Kyoufu

I would not bite on it personally. Your current computer is doing the job just fine I imagine.

iNvid02

A former Aston Villa goalkeeper relentlessly harassed his ex-girlfriend after she broke up with him, booking a holiday for them both and even turning up at her office, a court heard.
Ex-England youth international Matthew Ghent was branded a 'true stalker' by a judge after he admitted harassing the probation officer, with whom he had a six-month relationship after meeting her on a dating website.

mLG4Wl3.jpg

http://goo.gl/Pcgdc

what a bell end

Help me decide guys..

GLGoxXA.png

i have the 690 and the 2GB ram just wont cut it with the next generation, if you plan to keep the GPU for 2-3 years its probably gonna struggle and bring down the rest of the rig (which is pretty good and well priced)

Wilbur

Banned
Just pre-ordered Pokemon Y and GTA V yessssssss. Now to wait for a 3DS to drop in price even more. 129.99 on Amazon right now though, can't see it getting much cheaper.

Meier

I'm sure he's a good manager as he's proven with Malaga this season in the CL but is he the man to take City to the next step in achieving CL glory? I'm not too sure. He could prove me wrong and win something in his first year with you as could Moyes, I said I was still on the fence about him so I hope he proves me wrong too.

I'd stick with Mancini for another year after all he's the man who brought you the first trophy in 30+ years and the first league title in 40+ years. If he has to go and City are looking for their first CL then Rafa is the man.

There is no chance City will hire Rafa -- no one wants to hire Rafa. Pellegrini is exactly what the team needs right now.. a great coach who is known to be supremely well-respected by his players. His teams play attractive football and he has been successful at every stop along the way.

It's hard to say if we will fully make the next step under him but the time is right for a change. Usho's post from a few pages back was absolutely right on.. Mancini has lost the players. I mentioned it yesterday as well -- the way we looked all year, you can just tell that something hasn't been right. Sometimes that means making a change at the top.

Just pre-ordered Pokemon Y and GTA V yessssssss. Now to wait for a 3DS to drop in price even more. 129.99 on Amazon right now though, can't see it getting much cheaper.
I'm going to fucking kill you and Viva on Pokemon.

Pardew will shame you. Frogson will end you.

Tc91

There is no chance City will hire Rafa -- no one wants to hire Rafa. Pellegrini is exactly what the team needs right now.. a great coach who is known to be supremely well-respected by his players. His teams play attractive football and he has been successful at every stop along the way.

It's hard to say if we will fully make the next step under him but the time is right for a change. Usho's post from a few pages back was absolutely right on.. Mancini has lost the players. I mentioned it yesterday as well -- the way we looked all year, you can just tell that something hasn't been right. Sometimes that means making a change at the top.

Joleon Lescott was on a show here called Goals on Sunday with Chris Kamara and Ben Shepard, and he was shit talking Mancini :lol

Basically saying he doesn't speak to his players very much and all the info comes through Kompany, he also said he doesn't like Mancini's management style - said that during the FA cup final he (Lescott) could see Callum McManaman running riot on Clichy yet Mancini kept telling him to attack and push forward.

So it is fair to say he's lost the dressing room.

Dibbz

Help me decide guys..

GLGoxXA.png

Do you really need an SSD that big? Get one that is big enough for the OS and get an ordinary HDD triple the size for half the price.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm going to fucking kill you and Viva on Pokemon.

Pardew will shame you. Frogson will end you.

Fuck I was about to call you out specifically referring to my Pokemon but I don't even know what starter I want yet :( just release the final evolutions so I can decide whether it'll be Scholes, Giggs or Yorke bumming you into Pokeblivion

Kyoufu

Rafa to Madrid
Mourinho to Chelsea
Wenger to Newcastle
Martinez to Everton
Shearer to Arsenal

I'd love it if Wenger or Rafa managed us, but it'd never happen. Our owner is very difficult to work with so I don't even care at this point. Howay the Silver Fox! 7 more years! :D

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
folks just got back from the game yesterday, got me a programme, flag and a ton of pictures :D they said it was one of the best atmospheres theyve seen in years at Old Trafford.

Tc91

Wait wtf? Ribery is a Muslim and Boateng drenched him in beer.

Bayern Munich players were understandably in party mood after their final home game of the season, but the reaction of winger Franck Ribery suggests some of his team-mates took it too far.

Ribery, a Muslim, had told players to keep the alcohol away from him as they celebrated on the pitch after the game. It seems some didn't quite get the message.

Ribery reaction afterwards was extremely cold, as he said: 'I won't talk to Boateng again, he knows that I'm Muslim. I'm p***** off.'

folks just got back from the game yesterday, got me a programme, flag and a ton of pictures :D they said it was one of the best atmospheres theyve seen in years at Old Trafford.
My favourite bit was when they started playing the tune to Seven Nation Army.

#ORVP

Meier

Joleon Lescott was on a show here called Goals on Sunday with Chris Kamara and Ben Shepard, and he was shit talking Mancini :lol

Basically saying he doesn't speak to his players very much and all the info comes through Kompany, he also said he doesn't like Mancini's management style - said that during the FA cup final he (Lescott) could see Callum McManaman running riot on Clichy yet Mancini kept telling him to attack and push forward.

So it is fair to say he's lost the dressing room.

We have Goals on Sunday here on Fox Soccer.. I assume yours is on Sky? They don't really interview any players or anything though typically. There is a respected journalist who gets a segment every week though (Grant Wahl).

Zaba was interviewed after the game and he didn't have particularly positive comments to make about Mancini either. Definitely time for a change.

elseanio

Do you really need an SSD that big? Get one that is big enough for the OS and get an ordinary HDD triple the size for half the price.

The pc is already built, its my friend who is selling it. I could, of course, sell some of the components. I already have a 96GB SSD I could replace it with.

Tc91

We have Goals on Sunday here on Fox Soccer.. I assume yours is on Sky? They don't really interview any players or anything though typically. There is a respected journalist who gets a segment every week though (Grant Wahl).

Zaba was interviewed after the game and he didn't have particularly positive comments to make about Mancini either. Definitely time for a change.

Yep Sky Sports 1, they had him on after Woy Hodgson. Let's just say he wasn't looking too happy.

Should be a interesting few days, do you think Pellegrini will bring Isco with him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom