• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

I have been experimenting with pasting images into gifs lately.

Vhp.gif

Messi

Well how many finals do you think you have to play before getting? for both clubs this is their best shot, for the foreseeable future.

which program are you using? after effects?

I think next year you are just as likely to be in the final as this year

Lightning

Banned
Well how many finals do you think you have to play before getting? for both clubs this is their best shot, for the foreseeable future.
It's Dortmund's best shot but Bayern have assembled the best team in Europe. The "forseeable future" looks a lot brighter for Bayern than it does for Dortmund.

Linius

which program are you using? after effects?

Nope, Jasc. I don't understand how After Effects works sadly. I know there's some tool that let's you track the areas you want (in this case the head) the image you're using. Looks better too. I think I'm going to get into that over the holiday's. When I have a little more time.

Arnie

Might be, all I'm saying is that from a footballing perspective it's pretty impressive what Bayern have done. They could've dismantled after Chelsea, but instead they took it as motivation and geared up for another run.

From somebody who isn't a Bayern it's not that impressive, especially considering you spent £40 million on a single player in the summer, amongst other signings.

It's more impressive that Dortmund are alongside you despite their leading striker being on £20k a week, for example. That Klopp's net spend is below that of Everton.

None of these are as impressive as us winning it with Djimi Traore, though. (the video I just linked is fucking hilarious)

fuenf

I think next year you are just as likely to be in the final as this year

It's Dortmund's best shot but Bayern have assembled the best team in Europe. The "forseeable future" looks a lot brighter for Bayern than it does for Dortmund.

only if they win, Schweini and co just can't lose their THIRD final. I dont know how you would come back from that... that they managed to do it this is incredible, but at some point you have to lose faith.

Messi

only if they win, Schweini and co just can't lose their THIRD final. I dont know how you would come back from that... that they managed to do it this is incredible, but at some point you have to lose faith.

Ask arsenal fans about faith

I like Klopp for being a realist […]pulling Bayern down to our level makes it possible for us to beat them[…]

I will watch the game with a few friends in a party atmosphere - nobody is really rooting for a team. We just want to see a good game. Well the exchange student from Spain might have a few bitter tears left in him.

fuenf

aw shit :( there's been a terror warning for Germany... apparently the BKA believes terrorist might attack a fan fest... security will be upped.

Arnie

Interesting point for City-GAF:

Benitez has told the press that Dzeko is his main target once Cavani leaves, which leaves the likelihood of a cash plus player switch with City looking quite favourable. I'd imagine that boosts City's chance of a deal.

Hope Palace batter Watford.
Nah, Holloway's a creep and Zola's a gentleman.

Fuck that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Interesting point for City-GAF:

Benitez has told the press that Dzeko is his main target once Cavani leaves, which leaves the likelihood of a cash plus player switch with City looking quite favourable. I'd imagine that boosts City's chance of a deal.

And apparently he told the Italian press he wants Lucas Leiva.

Schweinsteiger and Lahm also lost the Euro 2008 final. I tend to say losing this year won't make a difference at all, especially with Pep coming.

Alright, I'm ready for the final. I'm going to watch it in the same pub I went last year, but I feel Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayern will win it 3-1 this time.

--

Milan supporters put a Seedorf banner in front of our offices in Milan.
ibcSZv0C3vjr0G.png

(Seedorf... No thanks...)

Basically everybody is saying that having Seedorf as our manager is going to be a disaster. Everybody except Berlusconi. I can't believe that I'm saying this, but I want Allegri to stay now.

phaze

http://www.thelocal.de/national/20130525-49915.html
In a closed meeting on Friday evening, head of the Federal Criminal Police Office (BKA) Jörg Ziercke informed federal and regional Interior Ministries of "serious indication" that Islamists were planning a bomb attack on Germany, wrote Der Spiegel news magazine on Saturday.

Possible targets included public viewings in German cities of Saturday night's highly-anticipated clash between German giants Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund in London's Wembley stadium.

Hundreds of thousands of football fans are expected, for example, to gather at the fan mile at Berlin's Brandenburg Gate to watch live screenings of the game, which only a tiny proportion of fans will be able to attend in person.

In light of suspected attack plans by Islamist terrorists, wrote the magazine, fans will have to contend with a larger police presence than otherwise. Bags will be checked to prevent explosives making their way into the crowd, said Der Spiegel.

:(

Arnie

Got 13/2 on Skybet for either team to win on penalties.

Through a fiver down. Got a feeling.

17eMs.gif

That's almost as dumb as Bale to United.
Was very odd.

Like, why? I know Napoli are in the Champions League, but you wouldn't leave Spurs after the season you've just had. And as much as I personally like Serie A, it's not exactly the prime destination for a top player.

deroli

I dreamed the last two nights about the final. In the first dream, we led 1:0 when Bayern got a (disputable) penalty like a minute before stoppage time. However, my dream ended right at that moment, so I don't know if we made it.
Last night's dream was even better. We were leading by two goals, dominated Bayern completely and even missed many great opportunities. Still, that dream ended before the final whistle, too.

Eight fucking hours to go. God damn I need some distraction. Everywhere I go, everywhere I look everything is about Dortmund vs. Bayern. The last time I was so nervous before a match was last year's victory against Bayern just a few weeks before the end of the season. But that was only a couple of hours. I guess I will lead Dortmund to another league title in Football Manager today (the one made by EA though).

GorillaJu

Lucas is fantastic in the PL, could you imagine him in Serie A? He'd be an even better fit, IMO. He wouldn't need to cover as much space, and he'd be able to conduct the midfield with more freedom. He'd be super good for Napoli. Hope they don't take him.

Arnie

Lucas is fantastic in the PL, could you imagine him in Serie A? He'd be an even better fit, IMO. He wouldn't need to cover as much space, and he'd be able to conduct the midfield with more freedom. He'd be super good for Napoli. Hope they don't take him.

I love the guy but I think he's lost a step after his injury. If we got an incredible offer then I think we should consider it.

GorillaJu

I love the guy but I think he's lost a step after his injury. If we got an incredible offer then I think we should consider it.

No. :(

Don't think anyone would offer the kind of money we'd need to part with him anyway. He's too important to how we play.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't think they need Lucas. They have Confident Thug #1 <Behrami> and Confident Thug #2 <Inler>.

Someone abroad must fucking buy Hamsik though. Take him away from them!

Arnie

La Lolga GAF (excluding Pulga because he doesn't watch it), how good is that Aspas guy?

Echo have us linked today. Saying we'll move if Celta get relegated.

Wouldn't mind if either team won tonight, Bayern deserve it after their amazing season, 'the other team' (lol) deserve it just cos they're brilliant to watch :p

Gonna put some money down

Thus I will curse one team to failure

Don't talk about your bets please. I still remember you talking about betting on Real Madrid, which gave me hope. You then revealed you never placed the bet.

Spare the Dortmund/Bayern fans of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom