• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timurid

10 million euros but it halves if they're relegated, which looks likely.

Mirror have some scouting report that describes him as Suarez-lite.
Seems like a good deal. I brought him on FM once. He was a solid backup for Negredo.

I never watched him play this season, so I can't tell anything. :(

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Ah memories...

Friday, 25 May 2007

Tottenham have completed the signing of Southampton's teenage Welsh international defender Gareth Bale.

Southampton said Spurs will make an immediate payment of £5m, with further additional payments that could see the transfer fee rise to £10m.

_42961397_bale203.jpg

GorillaJu

I still think this CL match is a wild card. Both teams have such familiarity with each other and how they play, and importantly, results have gone both ways in recent times (though I guess the crucial bit is that Bayern has been taking most of the wins this season).

However, no Gotze is going to be a real blow for Dortmund. If Martinez and Schweinsteiger can stop the ball getting to Lewandowski, their attacking options look fairly limited. On the other hand, Bayern has so many strong attacking players, and the fullbacks participate so heavily in the attack that I can't see how Dortmund's midfield are going to do their job of protecting the back four.

Both teams are extremely mobile so it'll be a real cracking match I suspect. You can't say that either team don't deserve a win, but I'd like to see Dortmund pull off an Istanbul-like upset.

Zabojnik

Random question:

Can you guys think of any console-only games (be it retail or PSN/Live) that were released on PC in the last 6 months or so?

Arnie

I think no Gotze is a blessing in disguise. No way his head would've been in the right frame to play, and there's no way that you could expect him to bury a winning one v one in the final minute.

Grosskreutz is a better defender and allows Dortmund to break with pace through Reus and Lewa.

FootballFan

FootballFan detected on twitter

J ‏@1fcbarca 1h
@Thi_Alcantara91 uwill get Ur chance and b his replacement when xavi retires.plz I beg of u don't go I'm a fan plz stay at barca u will play

J ‏@1fcbarca 1h
@Thi_Alcantara91 the sane thing u r he waited and look how great he is u will get Ur time please stay.even xavi said to be patient that u

J ‏@1fcbarca 1h
@Thi_Alcantara91 at Barcelona you are the heir to xavi u r such a talent player u r the future of mid u r the next xavi. Xavi went through

J ‏@1fcbarca 1h
@Thi_Alcantara91 please thiago don't leave please you r the future of Barcelona. I know he's Ur dad but don't listen to him u need to stay

:lol twitter.

fuenf

I think no Gotze is a blessing in disguise. No way his head would've been in the right frame to play, and there's no way that you could expect him to bury a winning one v one in the final minute.

Grosskreutz is a better defender and allows Dortmund to break with pace through Reus and Lewa.

I think his head would have been fine, but there's no way he would've been fully fit with just 3 days of training.

FootballFan

Lucas is fantastic in the PL, could you imagine him in Serie A? He'd be an even better fit, IMO. He wouldn't need to cover as much space, and he'd be able to conduct the midfield with more freedom. He'd be super good for Napoli. Hope they don't take him.

Behrami and Inler are great imo. Don't need Lucas at all.

Arnie

I think his head would have been fine, but there's no way he would've been fully fit with just 3 days of training.

Nah, no way he'd cause such heartache to the club he's about to join.

Or at least the doubt would be enough to cause the difference in such a situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom