• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The people that say Neymar is shit wind me up to no end, like the people willing to spend that kind of money (and to those clubs) don't know their shit.

Arnie

tumblr_lps8ygBi2Q1qk26dzo1_500.gif

I take it back, he's second cackest behind Neymar the fucking sponge.

I got a free ticket to see Brazil but after he'd given the ball away for the 11th time I wanted my fucking money back for the Tesco pasta pot I gobbled pre-match. Because his ego makes me sick.

jtb

Banned
The people that say Neymar is shit wind me up to no end, like the people willing to spend that kind of money (and to those clubs) don't know their shit.

He's probably not shit, but he probably will flop imo. Barca and Real Madrid (like most clubs) have made tons of shit transfers.

Wilbur

Banned

He's clearly talented, but then so was Robinho. There's a difference between nutmegging Clitaldinhi with your head and nutmegging Vidic with your head.

Talking of Neymar there is a guy on Talksport now who compiled a list of the most marketable athletes in the world. Neymar #1

• Amazing ball skills
  • Ridiculous hair
  • Young
  • Brazilian
  • About to sign for a major European side
  • Memorable 'name'

I'm sure a lot of PR teams would be drooling at the prospect of selling him to European fans.

He's clearly talented, but then so was Robinho. There's a difference between nutmegging Clitaldinhi with your head and nutmegging Vidic with your head.

I agree, I'm just talking about the people that absolutely slate him. He's got the raw talent and if he's taken under the wing of a major club he could be crafted into a very good player. Or he could totally flop! But he's quite clearly not total shit. People love to hate him.

Him and those two shoplifting prats. I'm only 13 mins into it.

Oh you just wait. Come report back :)

Wilbur

Banned
I am also unable to ban other moderators. Or myself. I tried that once; it's not possible.

If you were banned, I'd go out in a blaze of glory and tell Evilore he had no budo to his face. I can't live without you, #basedmumei

Hows your PM box?

Salvadora

There's no way that Neymar doesn't disappoint, with the amount of hype that's followed him over the years.

You've got a point (especially in regards to the amount of money they'll spend to pry him away from Brazil), but as Jason Raize '75 - '04 posted, he's worth a lot more than what he can do on the pitch. Think of those shirt sales.

I absolutely slate him, and if you disagree then you owe me £1.39 for that pasta pot.

I'm down Sheffield this weekend. I'll give you £1.50 because I'm a glorious fucker.

On an unrelated note, for some reason the thread title for Girl Gaf winds me up so much.

Tc91

• Amazing ball skills
  • Ridiculous hair
  • Young
  • Brazilian
  • Memorable 'name'

I'm sure a lot of PR teams would be drooling at the prospect of selling him to European fans.

+ the World Cup which he could win in his home country, they would flock to him if he becomes a star in that tournament.

Arnie

I'm down Sheffield this weekend. I'll give you £1.50 because I'm a glorious fucker.

On an unrelated note, for some reason the thread title for Girl Gaf winds me up so much.
I'll be waiting by the station in a full Warrior training strip with shinnys and a drawstring JD bag.

Messi

• Amazing ball skills
  • Ridiculous hair
  • Young
  • Brazilian
  • Memorable 'name'

If Barca get him, they will make a killing off shirt sales starting out. Just like they did with Ronaldinho. There is a video around here of Laporta saying to ronaldinho right after he signs the contract with barca that they need to go get him a number so they can warm up the shirt printers and them hugging. lol.

Hell I would get a Neymar kit day one for trolling.

rodvik

He does deserve some credit of course, and he isn't shit. He's decent. But decent isn't where City want to be. Given their squad and their money, they shouldn't be ten points or so behind us.

he can take it <3

Would be a superb buy for them. Bit pricy tho, we can't refer to them as the cute lil underdogs when they start spending 20m on everyone

20m? And the fucking rest.

Yes, what could go wrong when you are spending 50 mil.

torres-sad1.jpg

Torres' pricetag was steep, but not totally unjustified...he was pretty good at Liverpool. He's not a good example of a club throwing a ton of money at a shit player. I don't think anyone could have predicted how his Chelsea career has turned out!

I'll be waiting by the station in a full Warrior training strip with shinnys and a drawstring JD bag.

Well at least I'll recognise you this time, last time I was down I shouted Arnie at someone and just got a weird look.

Messi

Torres' pricetag was steep, but not totally unjustified...he was pretty good at Liverpool. He's not a good example of a club throwing a ton of money at a shit player. I don't think anyone could have predicted how his Chelsea career has turned out!

Well at least I'll recognise you this time, last time I was down I shouted Arnie at someone and just got a weird look.

But torres had turned to shit at Liverpool in his final months. He was nowhere near 50 mil level.

I take it back, he's second cackest behind Neymar the fucking sponge.

I got a free ticket to see Brazil but after he'd given the ball away for the 11th time I wanted my fucking money back for the Tesco pasta pot I gobbled pre-match. Because his ego makes me sick.

At least you got to see Capello and the boys in action. Seeing some fine RPL players in action must have been the highlight of your football-related life.

In other news, Sky Italia are claiming that there is NO clause in Falcao's contract with Monaco that lets him leave for Madrid.

jtb

Banned
Kaka was also 50m+ pissed away. Granted, Torres and Kaka both ruined their careers at the World Cup and by generally just getting older but Neymar succeeding in Europe (especially at a ridiculously high pressure club filled with huge egos like Barcelona or Madrid) is by no means a given.

pulga

Banned
My thread died and theres a new 30 page one in its place? Relentless fuckers.

Just stopping by to state I am unamused with our rekindled interest in Neymar. Let the floppy cunt join the acting school he was born to be in.

Also, fix the OP, Arnie, you lazy, sweet lipped bastard.

K1LLER7

Cuntinho >>>>>> Neymar.

Neymar might be marketable but as far as young players go, from what i've seen, Bale and Hazard are among the best.

Bale>>Hazard >>> Oscar>Neymar.

Not seen enough of the german or spanish youngsters to comment, but if Bale is getting compared to the likes of Ronaldo and Messi, its fair to say he must be among the best younger players in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom