• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tc91

The marketing all comes down to Neymar being the new poster boy of Brazil and the World Cup is the perfect stage for him, he will light it up.

Timurid

Cuntinho >>>>>> Neymar.

Neymar might be marketable but as far as young players go, from what i've seen, Bale and Hazard are among the best.

Bale>>Hazard >>> Oscar>Neymar.

Not seen enough of the german or spanish youngsters to comment, but if Bale is getting compared to the likes of Ronaldo and Messi, its fair to say he must be among the best younger players in the world.
Lucas Moura is the best Brazilian in Europe.

Wilbur

Banned
Fuck just went out of the COC, lost 1-0 to a McAuley goal at the Hawthorns. Quadruple dream is over. That'll teach me for playing Scholes.

Arnie

I love Fry really.

Since his name change though it's not been the same. It's like he's got married to a new woman and now we just don't gel anymore. He's different somehow.

Salvadora

Noticed this in a Guardian article.
There is, however, a standoff because of the difficulty of executing this option to suit player and club considering the limited number of suitors who can match United's £40m valuation and Rooney's £300,000-a-week salary.
Simply incredible if true. He should be hoping to stay at United for the foreseeable future and see how much he can take them for.

Wilbur

Banned
Noticed this in a Guardian article.

Simply incredible if true. He should be hoping to stay at United for the foreseeable future and see how much he can take them for.

I don't think it'll be much more than 200k a week, that'll include bonuses and appearance rights I'd imagine. Still fucking ludicrous to pay a man who looks like a mutated potato that much money but still.

Messi

The marketing all comes down to Neymar being the new poster boy of Brazil and the World Cup is the perfect stage for him, he will light it up.

Like Ronaldinho in 2002? That was awesome

dIo.gif

That was his moment to shine.

If your favourite club came calling and told you to name your price for wages, what would you say? Bearing in mind if you are too greedy they will take back the offer and leave you to work in ASDA.

Wilbur

Banned
If your favourite club came calling and told you to name your price for wages, what would you say? Bearing in mind if you are too greedy they will take back the offer and leave you to work in ASDA.

Being realistic, I would ask for 5 grand a week. That's over 100k a year after tax. Maybe I'd be cheeky and ask for 10k. I'd feel guilty taking any more. Would definitely give a fair amount to charities.

I'm joining the Nintendo Team tomorrow! I've decided to get my first ever Nintendo portable in the 3DS XL + Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask + Luigi's Mansion 2. Fire Emblem looks a bit too daunting for me right now but I'm interested in it.

Argos were doing a good deal for the console and a game for £150.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm joining the Nintendo Team tomorrow! I've decided to get my first ever Nintendo portable in the 3DS XL + Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask + Luigi's Mansion 2. Fire Emblem looks a bit too daunting for me right now but I'm interested in it.

I know you hate me :( but please say yes

XL and a game for 150? thats a bargain. Might do that myself.

K1LLER7

I can cross a ball and use both foot....I want more than what Valenica's on. Otherwise i'll go play for City.

Messi

Being realistic, I would ask for 5 grand a week. That's over 100k a year after tax. Maybe I'd be cheeky and ask for 10k. I'd feel guilty taking any more. Would definitely give a fair amount to charities.

18,000 a week. I know my skill level.

Meier

Talking of Neymar there is a guy on Talksport now who compiled a list of the most marketable athletes in the world. Neymar #1
Not surprised. I posted the other day that I think he'll pay for his transfer the first year in shirt and sponsorship money. He's Ronaldo-esque in that regard.

kharma45

I agree, I'm just talking about the people that absolutely slate him. He's got the raw talent and if he's taken under the wing of a major club he could be crafted into a very good player. Or he could totally flop! But he's quite clearly not total shit. People love to hate him.

Oh you just wait. Come report back :)

What the fuck is wrong with people.

Meier

Awesome! I recommend picking up 999 for the DS. It is only $20 here so I imagine it's fairly cheap there. If you like it, get the sequel Virtue's Last Reward.

Inazuma Eleven is another great DS title that I spent a good bit of time playing. I am waiting for the sequel to go on sale. Still £24. Shame that 3DS games are region locked. :(

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Feel like I've just come out of the war with a military distinction leaving that IndieGoGo suicide thread. 3-4 of the posters I argued with banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom