• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read that City statement.

First off - what a load of bollocks, dc what the hell bro?

Second, "holistic" approach? So those rumours about Brentan going to City might not be made up...

Meier

Second, "holistic" approach? So those rumours about Brentan going to City might not be made up...

I don't see why this is surprising. It's absolutely in line with what we've been hearing for some time now. Txiki and co are having all coaches at every level report in the same manner and changed the training regimen, etc. They want every aspect of the club to be on the same page. I'll find a link.

Manchester City’s youth coaches are having to write detailed Ofsted-style reports on every training session below first-team level as technical director Txiki Begiristain strengthens his grip on the club.

With the future of manager Roberto Mancini undecided, former Barcelona executive Begiristain, 48, is increasing his powerbase regardless of who is in charge of the first team next season.

City’s coaches, many of whom were appointed by Mancini, have been told to produce plans for each practice so Begiristain can check it for content and value. He wants every City side from Under-15s to the development team, who play in the Under-21 Premier League, to share a common style based on Barcelona’s tiki-taka game.

It has led to some tension among staff at the club’s Carrington training ground, who feel torn between loyalty to Mancini and having to satisfy Begiristain.

The over-riding priority of Begiristain and chief executive Ferran Soriano is to recruit the best young teenage players in the world, both having worked at Barcelona when a young Lionel Messi emerged through the ranks of their famous finishing school, La Masia.
City have themselves invested £150million on a new academy called The Etihad Campus which will open next year on the same site as the main stadium.

It's a DM story, but here is a non-DM link.. http://news.footballsupportersclub....ain-influence-causes-rift-at-manchester-city/

Salazar

SP12Ibj.jpg

subtles

I'm surprised many here harbor doubts with regards to what Pellegrini will bring to City. Pellegrini is the kind of manager who will get the best of his team and in particular certain players. He's love for technique will probably see him meet eye to eye with Begiristain and the staff on many signings, but City's lack of decent width will have to be addressed this summer if he's to impose his methodology. I do believe however if City would have wanted a more adventurous approach they would approach another manager as he is more known for solidarity then Txiki's Tiki Taka.

Salazar

Who said anything about optimising the team as a whole ?

Just unlock JM7 and watch buildings explode, the sky tremble, small birds vanish in puffs of feather and smoke.

ibas4L3udwv7bo.gif

Meier

The fact the board will never, ever let me add more coaches in FM despite my $338m transfer budget drives me fucking batty.

Meier

Have you tried to allocate more of your budget towards the wage bill?

I have a wage budget of $1.87m per week and am only using $1.36m so I've never bothered to modify it. I guess it can't hurt! I have a lot of coaches but I want moooore!

ilz7URXQsR6AR.png

I feel like scouting is far less effective for regens in FM13 too. It's really tough to even have a player show up at all let alone a potential star..

GorillaJu

Who said anything about optimising the team as a whole ?

Just unlock JM7 and watch buildings explode, the sky tremble, small birds vanish in puffs of feather and smoke.

ibas4L3udwv7bo.gif

The best thing about this post is that two posts above you posted a picture of Zahack,

but only one of your posts was facetious

Meier

Oooh, AVB left Spurs for Marseille in 2019 and is now interested in taking the Benfica job in late 2020 since Deschamps has just been fired. Traitor!

pulga

Banned
Is it just me or are there a lot of new faces around here?

Or have you lovely fellows been changing your usernames again

FootballFan

Is it just me or are there a lot of new faces around here?

Or have you lovely fellows been changing your usernames again

Didn't even know it was you because of your avatar.

Not surprised, changed it to one of your teams that is winning. Just like Fry changing his name to Schweini, since Liverpool are still building.

Sviatoslav* and I think that is pathetic.

*Not 100% sure but I am taking a guess at how he feels about it.

Didn't even know it was you because of your avatar.

Not surprised, changed it to one of your teams that is winning. Just like Fry changing his name to Schweini, since Liverpool are still building.

Sviatoslav* and I think that is pathetic.
*Not 100% sure but I am taking a guess at how he feels about it.
Well since I feel that multi-teamers are pathetic in general I will reluctantly agree with you.

Meier

Amazing. 4 shots, 3 on goal for this tiny team from Bulgaria. Valdes lets all 3 in (I can't believe Barca are still playing him in 2020!). Barca fans can be pleased with dat possession advantage though.

subtles

If Arsenal fail to get into the top four will Wenger get the sack as well? Imagine United, Chelsea, City, Everton and Arsenal all changing managers in the same season? I think that's a bit of an overreaction by English football for an all German final at Wembley. Rodgers would be the longest serving coach in the top 7 as well. Football is absolutely mental!

DominoKid

Sounds like a Moyes pre-season will legit kill the physical stragglers in our squad.

no wonder Rooney wants out then.

how much does FM change from year to year? i only got into it because i got FM11 for free (thank you gamestop stock system) and i'm feeling that itch again.

Salazar

Well, Tom Ince wins Bitter and Faintly Stupid Liverpool Fans' Championship Player of the Year.

Hands down.

#Championship
#emotionsrunhigh

Lightning

Banned
Yeah. If he scored another he'll have half of Tom Ince's total for the season. Pretty damn impressive if you ask me.
Crystal Palace will be overjoyed. 15mil and he could get them into the PL where they will make even more money. Rather generous of United loaning him back to Palace like this.

Zabojnik

I hope Liverpool manage to put together a squad that lets them compete for at least one of the four CL spots next season. I think they're on the right path, a couple more quality signings should put them up there. The Liverpool "hate" seems to be quite strong with some of the PL fans here, but I, as I foreigner, have nothing but respect for the club and its past & present. I do have a soft spot for Manchester United, but Liverpool isn't far off. There's just something old and glorious in the name, something quintessentially British. Something that I find is lacking in clubs like Chelsea and City. Again, that's from a foreigner's perspective, my personal perspective, no disrespect to other PL clubs. :)

Lightning

Banned
Nah, I've given up on Sociedad. Wigan pls.
You should give up on Wigan too but don't worry, one of the teams will bottle it. Besides, I'm convinced Newcastle will be the harder game for Arsenal.

The crowd tomorrow will really help us. Against Newcastle we're in for a tough afternoon.

FootballFan

I hope Liverpool manage to put together a squad that lets them compete for at least one of the four CL spots next season. I think they're on the right path, a couple more quality signings should put them up there. The Liverpool "hate" seems to be quite strong with some of the PL fans here, but I, as I foreigner, have nothing but respect for the club and its past & present.

How I feel too. Coutinho will lead them to the top again.

You should give up on Wigan too but don't worry, one of the teams will bottle it. Besides, I'm convinced Newcastle will be the harder game for Arsenal.

The crowd tomorrow will really help us. Against Newcastle we're in for a tough afternoon.

Wigan is my next hope because their game is tomorrow. If that fails, I'll move on to the next closest hope, chronologically. Freiburg beating Schalke is probably my best hope though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom