• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBT85

Fergie, Moyes and Giggs all met up yesterday for a 90 minute chat according to the red tops this morning. Apparently to discuss Rooney but I don't see any quotes from staff at the place they met so probably bollocks.

Also, was in the pub last night with my in-laws for the Palace game, they are booking their Final tickets today and I'm going with them which will be cool.

bjaelke

Not after today, Robben to city to a managerless City lol.

Benitez' first signing. The second will be Yossi.
Also Fabregas pls.
There were accusations that certain foodstuffs – usually reported as pizza, but occasionally reported as coffee, tomato soup or pea soup – had been thrown at Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson by a then-unknown Arsenal player. Speculation that the player was Cesc Fàbregas was confirmed in November 2011 by former Arsenal player Martin Keown on a phone-in show on BBC Radio 5 Live.
He's the hero you need.

Lightning

Banned
If Fabregas leaves Barcelona this summer I will be the most stunned person on earth. It is so unlikely. He will give it another year.

rodvik

Benitez' first signing. The second will be Yossi.

"There were accusations that certain foodstuffs – usually reported as pizza, but occasionally reported as coffee, tomato soup or pea soup – had been thrown at Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson by a then-unknown Arsenal player. Speculation that the player was Cesc Fàbregas was confirmed in November 2011 by former Arsenal player Martin Keown on a phone-in show on BBC Radio 5 Live."

He's the hero you need.

If you could throw a foodstuff at Sir Alex Ferguson what would it be?

I think I would go for mincepies, its festive, solid enough to put him off his job and yet tasty enough that if I wanted I could happily take a snack break by eating one of my missiles if I grew bored of pelting him.

FootballFan

What sort of minutes does he get at Barca though? Or is he just unhappy?

He complained about playing time or role not that long ago, can't remember as I don't pay attention to him. More interested in Pinto's new sunglasses or Alves' new hair cut.

ManUtd-GAF would you take a De Gea for Fabregas straight swap? I'd love that.

InB4Xavi: "De Gea Barca DNA"

Fuck off. We'd have smashed you if Coutz had played against you :p

Anyone who can tell decent prose from bad prose, clunky dialogue from natural dialogue and good from shite should read the Bioshock book. It is truly dreadfully written. Never read anything like it.

2 words to ruin Bioshock

Andrei Rianoski

bjaelke

He complained about playing time or role not that long ago, can't remember as I don't pay attention to him. More interested in Pinto's new sunglasses or Alves' new hair cut.

But you're selling Fabregas back to Arsenal to free up funds for Neymar and Hummels. Or did Bayern beat you to those signings?

Man these rumours are getting worse by minute.

Salazar

No. DeGOD can be best in the world in his position. Fabregas is legit but he's not godlike.

I sort of hope that's the case. I don't have a lot of time for managers that just stick to what they know and buy the same players wherever they go. See Redknapp, Hughes etc.

Harry STILL wants Parker, looool. There's one rumour I do believe.

Lightning

Banned

You really think Cesc will leave this summer? He's had plenty of game time but they are more trying to fit him in rather than there being room for him and Cesc is not good from the bench. That doesn't work for Cesc.

If Suarez came out and said he'll be at Liverpool next season, I could sit back and enjoy the transfer window. Not really worried about anyone else choosing to leave.

Pellegrini is awesome, gave Klopp a really hard time. Though it's questionable if he can force his tactics upon the lazy City mercs.

Benteke as a straight Lewandowski sub would be slightly frightening, but I'd love to have him as a second CF in line behind some experienced dude.

death to bayern

Pellegrini is awesome, gave Klopp a really hard time. Though it's questionable if he can force his tactics upon the lazy City mercs.

Benteke as a straight Lewandowski sub would be slightly frightening, but I'd love to have him as a second CF in line behind some experienced dude.

death to bayern

Pellegrini should cash in on Toure the second he gets through the door.

subtles

If Fabregas leaves Barcelona this summer I will be the most stunned person on earth. It is so unlikely. He will give it another year.

I have to agree. However, as unbelievable as it sounds, it may be out of his control. Many people have been reporting that Barcelona are panicking and will renovate their squad this summer. They've been disheartened by their losses to Madrid and Bayern and if Laporta is to be trusted the people at the helm are clueless. Based on past transfer dealings, you never now. This is what silly season is all about.

FootballFan

You really think Cesc will leave this summer? He's had plenty of game time but they are more trying to fit him in rather than there being room for him and Cesc is not good from the bench. That doesn't work for Cesc.

I think he'd be much happier with you guys.

He took a pay cut, paid some of his own transfer fee etc to win trophies with Barca but he is just another player so far.

I still believe that he can improve though. He gets played in false 9 role a lot, which lets face it, isn't his position.

He just needs to learn to play more like Xavi and less like Iniesta, if he wants to play in midfield and fit in.

Salazar

I quite like Buttner.

He is essential

kdrBPPD.jpg

We should look to add more Dutch bros

FootballFan

Pellegrini should cash in on Toure the second he gets through the door.

Your Toure hate is amazing, he is a great player. Lazy yes, but very good when he wants to be. And maybe mancini had something to do with that.

Motivation is probably really important for him. Under Pep he never had shitty, Nasri like disappearing performances. He stayed further back but he worked hard and always did his job well, even when called to play CB against Chelsea then Man Utd in the final.

Pep > Mancini confirmed.

Lightning

Banned
I think he'd be much happier with you guys.

He took a pay cut, paid some of his own transfer fee etc to win trophies with Barca but he is just another player so far.

I still believe that he can improve though. He gets played in false 9 role a lot, which lets face it, isn't his position.

He just needs to learn to play more like Xavi and less like Iniesta, if he wants to play in midfield and fit in.
I'm pretty certain that if Cesc leaves Barca he will return to Arsenal and we have guaranteed first refusal but I can't see Cesc wanting this as it will make his move to Barca a failure to the public and he is a proud person and will hate that. I am certain he will resist any move, Barca can push for change all they like, they can't force him to leave unless they cancel his contract.

Cesc dreamed of playing for Barca and it's hard to imagine the man not fighting to ensure it's a success. He is an Inestia like player though, he cannot play like Xavi and be effective.

Your Toure hate is amazing, he is a great player. Lazy yes, but very good when he wants to be. And maybe mancini had something to do with that.

Motivation is probably really important for him. Under Pep he never had shitty, Nasri like disappearing performances. He stayed further back but he worked hard and always did his job well, even when called to play CB against Chelsea then Man Utd in the final.

Pep > Mancini confirmed.

It would be a great way of sending a message to the rest of the team that utter laziness will not be tolerated. My dislike of him is only half his fault (accentuated by his dive against us), the media and fan's opinion of him is responsible for the other half :p

@Sviat, less of the generalisations pls, you vodka-swilling Commie

FootballFan

It would be a great way of sending a message to the rest of the team that utter laziness will not be tolerated. My dislike of him is only half his fault (accentuated by his dive against us), the media and fan's opinion of him is responsible for the other half :p

What is their opinion? That he has it all? He does. GTIYFH.

Gerrard, Coutinho and Henderson to Man Utd.

edit
Buttner was just signed to keep RVP happy it seems lol.

The Cout would be frightening playing behind a striker who times his runs like Van Persie

Re: Toure, he has it all, but he shows fuck all 7 times out of 10. The good stuff he does is too irregular to justify his lack of effort, unless he's told to conserve his energy for some bizarre reason, but then again it is Mancini we're talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom