• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korez

To illustrate just how fucking insane Roma/Lazio fans can be, this is what the police found near the Olimpico today.

BLMsI4JCcAAk_X5.jpg:large

ordinary administration

Suen

Whats to say he does not under perform like Benz and Hig.
He's shown to perform well in two different teams in two different leagues. He's better than both Benz and Hig and up there behind CR7 in terms of goals despite playing in a smaller club. The risk that he or any world class player under performs is always there but I'm more inclined to believe that he will do great based on his past performances. His way of playing suits us as well.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
FootballFan said:
I am not convinced by Neymar. He looks so good on youtube, but in the 5 or so games I've seen him he has been shit(not just average, but shit). Worse than Robinho in those games.
I'm not convinced either, I guess we'll see. I'm hoping the investment pays off for the club. Whatever the case it was obvious that Messi needed some help upfront to carry the scoring load. Pedro was garbage this season, Villa is no longer the same Villa, Alexis is not a goal scoring machine.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm not convinced either, I guess we'll see. I'm hoping the investment pays off for the club. Whatever the case it was obvious that Messi needed some help upfront to carry the scoring load. Pedro was garbage this season, Villa is no longer the same Villa, Alexis is not a goal scoring machine.

Oh don't worry about FootballFan, he's convinced alright. That was an old old post.

TeegsD

Welp, mid-November and Sporting fired me after drawing to Setubal and losing to Benfica 2-0. 14th position on the table. This game sometimes :c

i8zO5B8wwPySx.gif

Blablurn

apparently our players were already talking about the german cup final next week. they said, the pressure is gone and they look forward to this game in berlin.

Clegg

I think Fellaini would be a great signing. He'd beef up the midfield and you could finally move away from having to use wingers in every game.

Carrick Fellaini
Kagawa
Zaha Van Persie Rooney

That could be pretty tasty.
One of United's biggest problems this season has been the terrible form of our wingers. Fergie recognised this and tried to implement a diamond formation in midfield. This didn't work too well either as it left our fullbacks exposed. It didn't help that three players in the diamond, Anderson, Cleverley and Kagawa were all defensively weak.

Having Fellini in midfield would makes us that bit more secure. It would allow us to experiment a bit more tactically as he could provide support for a fullback if necessary.

The only problem is his price. £24m is a pretty steep price and it could drain us of funds we need in other areas. But if we have enough for another decent signing then we should buy another cm.

LTWheels

I'd be pretty happy if we signed Fellini provided we also signed another decent cm. He has a qualities that we lack in midfield at the moment. Physical presence, height, tackling ability and goal threat. He's also a fouling, elbowing shithouse but that's OK.

He'd be perfect in a three man midfield with Carrick and another decent midfielder. Clev and Ando aren't the right player for our third man though.

Playing Fellaini in a two man midfield with Carrick could cause problems though.

The cunt would fit in perfectly with United.

Hieberrr

If those rumours were true, those firms invested in Neymar must have made a pretty penny with the that transfer. Unless I'm completely wrong. Either way, hefty.

One of United's biggest problems this season has been the terrible form of our wingers. Fergie recognised this and tried to implement a diamond formation in midfield. This didn't work too well either as it left our fullbacks exposed. It didn't help that three players in the diamond, Anderson, Cleverley and Kagawa were all defensively weak.

Having Fellini in midfield would makes us that bit more secure. It would allow us to experiment a bit more tactically as he could provide support for a fullback if necessary.

The only problem is his price. £24m is a pretty steep price and it could drain us of funds we need in other areas. But if we have enough for another decent signing then we should buy another cm.

This is my concern too. There must be other equally effective DMs out there that are cheaper. It's why I want us to go for Wanyama instead really.

According to Corriere della Sera, we've offered Fiorentina 30m euro plus Jovetic the #10 shirt. Where's the JOVETIC 10 shirts?! ZABBBBBBB

K1LLER7

Clegg, that corrienationstreet guy is saying Strootman deal is off and that we're in for Fellani and Thiago. Apparently both are close to being done.

Now if someone more reliable posts something similar. Guilleme pls.

Clegg

This is my concern too. There must be other equally effective DMs out there that are cheaper. It's why I want us to go for Wanyama instead really.
One of the things I like about Fellaini is that he's Premier League proven and has performed well against the top teams.

But Liverpool have shown us that Premier League proven players aren't always the best signings to make. At least Moyes knows every aspect of Fellaini's game. If we sign him then Moyes must be pretty confident of Fellaini's ability.

Clegg

Clegg, that corrienationstreet guy is saying Strootman deal is off and that we're in for Fellani and Thiago. Apparently both are close to being done.

Now if someone more reliable posts something similar. Guilleme pls.
Corrie is clearly taking the piss. I wouldn't believe anything he says.

Not exactly what I'd call a fierce competition, but Bologna, and newly promoted Hellas Verona and Sassuolo are in a "bidding war" (a pack of lavazza beans, a box of biscotti, and a bottle of grappa probably will be all it takes) to sign Luca Toni. Hope he doesn't go to Sassuolo since we have a striker on loan there.

kharma45

'Rumours that Balague has confirmed Arsenal are interested in triggering Thiago's £15m release clause - He might mention it on SKY later apparently.'

Rumours about rumours now :lol

confuziz

Banned
I told you people before the guys that know everything about the club (and what happens daily) aren't tweeting ANYTHING about Strootman. No contact, nothing. They will know it first. Also, Strootman won't be signing anything soon as he will be in Israel for a few weeks.

daripad

MX league final tonight! I hope Cruz Azul finally wins this thing so the memes about them always losing the final are over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom