• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

One of the greatest goals I've ever seen was a United counter attack which had Rooney and Ronaldo at the heart of it.

Rooney used to be a very good counter attacker. But he's not as fast as he used to be and seems to like controlling the game rather than playing off the cuff counters. I still think he'd be a decent counter attacker though.
Him and CR7 having played together before is a good thing, besides I'd pick Rooney over Higuain who's leaving us this summer. I still think Benz does usually a good job on counters so we're not in an absolute need of a player with top skills in that aspect but a top form Rooney would be a better option than a top form current Benz. Admittedly I wouldn't mind having a player who likes to control the surroundings as one of our problems is an overdependence on counters but I think we have more suitable players for that role in the team.

The story about Rooney coming to Madrid is funny though, didn't Madrid (and Barca?) say a month ago that they had no interest in him? :lol

Too many pictures of cunts holding trophies in this thread.

Here's someone with lots of class and who's never done a cunty thing in his life

52_EV_1315714a.jpg

Suen

pretty sure we need to buy a LB if coentrao is indeed leaving

i don't want rooney
Yeah forgot about this. I'm happy with Marcelo there but we do need another great LB if Coentrao leaves, Marcelo has been out most of this season because of injuries and it really hurt us. Haven't checked what options that are available for us though.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yeah forgot about this. I'm happy with Marcelo there but we do need another great LB if Coentrao leaves, Marcelo has been out most of this season because of injuries and it really hurt us. Haven't checked what options that are available for us though.

Barça will win la liga every year now

Tc91

Tech lads: Do any of you know why when I right click on my desktop and go to screen resolution it says 1. Display device on: VGA instead of saying my monitor name? and if you do how do I fix it?

I can't play GTA cause it won't recognize my monitor :/

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It's interesting how Joe Lewis is letting all the Spurs players and staff holiday on his yacht in the Bahamas. I don't think he's ever been this hands-on before, bodes very well. We could actually see some real money invested in the playing staff, the club really seem to think AVB can do great things.

Clegg

I'd be pretty happy if we signed Fellini provided we also signed another decent cm. He has a qualities that we lack in midfield at the moment. Physical presence, height, tackling ability and goal threat. He's also a fouling, elbowing shithouse but that's OK.

He'd be perfect in a three man midfield with Carrick and another decent midfielder. Clev and Ando aren't the right player for our third man though.

Playing Fellaini in a two man midfield with Carrick could cause problems though.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'd be pretty happy if we signed Fellini provided we also signed another decent cm. He has a qualities that we lack in midfield at the moment. Physical presence, height, tackling ability and goal threat. He's also a fouling, elbowing shithouse but that's OK.

He'd be perfect in a three man midfield with Carrick and another decent midfielder. Clev and Ando aren't the right player for our third man though.

Playing Fellaini in a two man midfield with Carrick could cause problems though.

I think Fellaini would be a great signing. He'd beef up the midfield and you could finally move away from having to use wingers in every game.

Carrick Fellaini
Kagawa
Zaha Van Persie Rooney

That could be pretty tasty.

FastandFurious6 was utterly and brilliantly ridiculous. I can't imagine what they're going to blow up in the next one :lol

MID-CREDITS SPOILER
#basedStatham
pls

MPW

Robert-Lewandowski--006.jpg

Heynckes, who will this summer be replaced as coach by Pep Guardiola, told reporters after his team’s 2-1 victory over Dortmund in the Champions League final that Lewandowski will soon make the move to Munich.

“Mario Gotze is already there, and Robert Lewandowski will not have to wait too long now,” he said. “Then the team has two top-class attacking players. It is quite possible that, with the right signings, Bayern could create a new era in Europe.”

Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke responded by telling the Bayern coach he should only be concerned with winning the DFB-Pokal next weekend.

"Jupp Heynckes should keep out of it and focus on his line-up for next Saturday," he said in Bild.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1460360/heynckes-lewandowski-set-bayern?cc=5901

dat bayern making sure NO ONE competes with them in bundesliga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom