• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

confuziz

Banned
Well as long as it's higher than Eredivisie!

But seriously, again, I don't care about the other clubs. :)

I don't mind. In my opinion the lower attendance figures are a result of the type of football italian clubs play. This attracts less people to the stadiums.

luso

Some notes on Benfica-Guimarães game.

Federation was stupid setting the game to local 17:15, sun is low (it's a very open stadium) and can be hazard for players. They rely on (quite recent) artificial illumination, should be earlier as it was for many many years.

Game itself boring, snail pace, many wrong passes and air balls. 2nd half probably will be better as Guimarães search for a goal.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't mind. In my opinion the lower attendance figures are a result of the type of football italian clubs play. This attracts less people to the stadiums.
Yes, that's the real reason. Not because the stadiums are old, unsafe, not family friendly and the economic crisis in Italy.

confuziz

Banned
Yes, that's the real reason. Not because the stadiums are old, unsafe, not family friendly and the economic crisis in Italy.

Nope. That's pure ignorance my friend. Economic crisis is way worse in portugal and spain and you've got old stadiums everywhere.

Doesn't explain the low attendance figure for Eredivisie.

We have 16 million people in the netherlands lol. It's not about relative attendance, but absolute.

Do you really think Robben will leave Bayern after yesterday?

Hell, he's been amazing for a while now (again), getting Bayern important results.

It depends how much playing time Robben will tolerate. You're adding Gotze and Lewa. Someone will have to make way. There's only so many minutes to go around.

confuziz

Banned
Right. Not getting your money's worth ain't important.

Can you explain the low attendance figure for Eredivisie then?

Like I said, it's not low attendance. It is 16 million people versus 60 million. Ofcourse you are going to have a lower number..

oh you edited xD

MPW

Higher than La Liga I think.

Everyone is less than Germany and England for obvious reasons.

And MEH, I couldn't care less as long as we fill our stadium.

what made to come to that conclusion lol

juve aka one of the biggest clubs in italy has what? 40k capacity (why build a new stadium with small capacity?)?

Transportation in Italy is, I also might add, garbage. A small country/a country with great transportation links will always be better for attendance.

Edit: MPW, we built the stadium purposefully small because of the shit attendance numbers at delle Alpi, but even then we're always at capacity. We could easily have a stadium that's 20-30% bigger. Pretty sure we have expansion plans in the medium term.

Lazio's problem is that they are too narrow and their players aren't looking wide enough. There are plenty of opportunities to spread play wide and knock Roma out but they're just not focusing.

Suen

It's nowhere higher than La Liga, stadiums in Italy have a far less attendance. Don't even need check statistics on that, just watch the games. But to say Italian football is the cause of it is a shit reason.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
LOLic pls

^28k vs 21k. Wouldn't call it "Nowhere higher". Obviously a few shit clubs like Chievo and Pescara fucked up with the average.

Nyx

m1nxfwdaug5w_std640.jpg

media_xll_1670950.jpg

feestuttrecht.jpg

utrechtspelers.jpg

media_xll_1671002.jpg

32296_20130523_fctwefcu-po1_0045.jpg

Fucking LOL this ref just called an illegal throw against Roma. That's amazing. I never see that, and in the last 5 minutes of a cup final. Amazing!

Happened in Benfica Guimarães 1h ago.

Interesting. I exaggerate to say I never see it, but it's a very rare way to lose the ball at the professional level.

-

This Roma squad... they just never looked like a team, and especially not a team capable of defending against a squad with capable attackers. They especially don't have the depth to manage it when they have a weakness on one side of their squad to reinforce that spot through substitutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom