• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

I know a lot of people considered him a failure as he did not achieve much of his targets in Real but I still think he did a great deal for Real.

Domestic cup failure? On his first season he won it. On his second he lost at the semi-final, and on his third he lost in the final amidst a Madrid meltdown.

League title failure? On his first season he was a close second, on his second he won it with a record number of points, and on a third he did very poor for his standards yet still earned second place.

Champions League failure? I object. First season he was knocked out by Barcelona that was propelled by a wrong red card to Pepe (as much as I hate Pepe, it was a wrong red card) and yet they were one goal away from knocking Barcelona out.

Second season - he lost to Bayern Munich on a penalty shootout. I don't blame him for Ramos' shit shot. As for Kaka and Ronaldo's tame efforts, it was against the great Neuer after all. Not much the manager can do about that IMO.

Lastly, he got knocked out by Dortmund after coming agonizingly close to reaching the final.

Before his arrival Madrid did not make it to a semi-final in many years as far as I know.

He did have a lot of controversial moments - all his own doing really, but for his "worst spell at a club", not bad I say.

Not bad? He failed.

Korez

Smooth numbers and font - loving our home shirt:

fHLONlZl.jpg

dJwnggFl.png

The new font is terrible. Comic Sans MS?

Clydefrog

Not watched any interviews, but he seems very arrogant - the kind of person who reads an article on something and considers themselves an expert.

Doesn't help that he's a massive Apple guy, either.

I won't judge his personality because I don't know the guy, but I doubt he cares what we think of him. He and Evilore can drive their Porsches around town and spend thousands on hookers and blow because they're RICH!

L1NETT

i haven't seen in the thick of it, but in the loop is one of the greatest comedies i've seen.

I implore you to watch The Thick of It. I think the American parts of ITL are far weaker than then British parts, and the Thick of It is basically an improved and refined version of those parts.

In the Loop is so good. "Shut it, Love actually!" So much love for Tucker.

Messi

See the new Brazil 3rd kit, that wont be used in any game but is still sexy as hell.

BLK1.jpg

This ones for footballfan, BARCELONA SUPERSTAR NEYMAR, wearing the new kit.

BLK4.jpg

FootballFan

Pulga roots for Juve as a failsafe, if Madrid fails and wins fuck all he whips out a Juve avatar lol.

I've been saying that forever. It's true, he can deny it, but his heart and soul can't. Madridista through and through. Unless Juve are more successful that particular season.

edit
Messi I posted that yesterday!

Zabojnik

I've been saying that forever. It's true, he can deny it, but his heart and soul can't. Madridista through and through. Unless Juve are more successful that particular season.

It's not a sin to love one child a little more than the other. He's still one of us. ONE OF US.

Messi

edit
Messi I posted that yesterday!

FINE

The markets are getting wet just by looking at this Neymar picture, that's how marketable he is.

Well clearly he is the most marketable man in the world. He will be the next Michael Jordan/Pele/Tiger Woods/Some NFL guy.

FootballFan

The markets are getting wet just by looking at this Neymar picture, that's how marketable he is.

Hahahah <3

I know you are joking but the rest of the people that keep hating on his marketability are the best. They can't accept he is more marketable than precious old Beckham, Ronaldo or any other athlete :lol

21 year old wonder-boy who just made his big move to the best team* in the world. Next Pele with the world cup in his home country next season. Not even questionable.

*I don't give a fuck if you disagree.

Zabojnik

Hahahah <3

I know you are joking but the rest of the people that keep hating on his marketability are the best. They can't accept he is more marketable than precious old Beckham, Ronaldo or any other athlete :lol

21 year old wonder-boy who just made his big move to the best team* in the world. Next Pele with the world cup in his home country next season. Not even questionable.

I can see this happening and being true after a successful season with Barca and a great WC with Brazil, not from the get-go. You can't predict teh hype though. A couple of matches where he overshadows Messi might be enough to get this train rollin'.

Wilbur

Banned
i haven't seen in the thick of it, but in the loop is one of the greatest comedies i've seen.

As great as In The Loop is, out of all the notable British sitcoms (and I believe I've seen all of them except the second half of Partridge and Brass Eye, The Thick Of It is only second to the Office. Maybe Father Ted (fuck Clegg if he says not British)

Messi

Fuck you Nike. Why make someone a 3rd kit if they're not going to use it? Why not just give that kit to some club?

So I have just learned Brazils federation does not allow the team to use kits if they are not the traditional Yellow home and Blue away. So it kind of makes sense. Also that kit is a limited edition.

So I have just learned Brazils federation does not allow the team to use kits if they are not the traditional Yellow home and Blue away. So it kind of makes sense. Also that kit is a limited edition.

But why even make that kit if they can't use them? Nike could have given United that kit. God damn you Nike.

TeegsD

Hahahah <3

You're just so bad at trolling that it pains me. For all we know, he may be the most lucrative player ever but to say that now is incredibly silly. Even for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom