• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

I'm nearly 100% he wants to leave but nobody wants him. He thinks he is better than he actually is.

5m Euros is too much for him even for Monaco/Zenit/Madrid/Chelsea/PSG/Man City/Anzhi.

Even Milan wouldn't want him on loan with option to buy co-ownership in installments of $40,000 a year for 3 years.

Mourinho would have had one less trophy at Madrid if it wasn't for Valdes. In case anyone needs a reminder, I am talking about him trying to dribble past di Maria and giving Madrid an away goal.

Saw that one live :/

Pachimari

You won't extend CR7's contract due to the new taxes system. Unless you're willing to pay him double his current salary?
Didn't you hear Perez already said he would do anything to make Cristiano happy? He want to make him the highest paid if necessary.

Walshy

I'm nearly 100% he wants to leave but nobody wants him. He thinks he is better than he actually is.

5m Euros is too much for him even for Monaco/Zenit/Madrid/Chelsea/PSG/Man City/Anzhi.

Even Milan wouldn't want him on loan with option to buy co-ownership in installments of $40,000 a year for 3 years.

Mourinho would have had one less trophy at Madrid if it wasn't for Valdes. In case anyone needs a reminder, I am talking about him trying to dribble past di Maria and giving Madrid an away goal.
You are underrating Valdes there. He isn't as good as say Casillas but he certainly is above average. There is no guarantee that someone such as ter Stegen will come in and do a better job. Goalkeepers are very hard to replace.

Anyway, I think the comments from Valdes scream that if you don't sell me now you risk losing me for nothing.

He will probably be at Monaco by the start of next season. There is no way Barca will let him go for free.

Messi

You are underrating Valdes there. He isn't as good as say Casillas but he certainly is above average. There is no guarantee that someone such as ter Stegen will come in and do a better job. Goalkeepers are very hard to replace.

Anyway, I think the comments from Valdes scream that if you don't sell me now you risk losing me for nothing.

He will probably be at Monaco by the start of next season. There is no way Barca will let him go for free.

You should know footballfan is known for saying insane shit about barca lol

FootballFan

First off, hello and welcome. Who do you support?

Secondly, fuck Valdes.

FootballFan

Hey man I'm trying to become more like quiche/fady... :p

edit
My problem is that, other than being a big enough problem by being the shittest goalkeeper in any big club other than Arsenal, he also was a massive distraction. Telling everyone he is leaving 3 months into the season.

The players all thought "oh cool we can go easy this season, we'll just win everything next season when we have an actual goalkeeper"

But now, at the end of the season when everything is done, he says he is staying? :lol

I'm all for Fellaini now.

Would be a very ideal player. Can both 2 CM roles so he would be a good back up to replace Carrick when needed and can also bring the physical edge to our midfield especially further up the pitch.

He's not perfect but beggars can't be choosers. If we could sign him and then another playmaker-ish type CM it would be perfect cos then we'd have a pivot in Carrick, box-to-box in Fellaini and then a playmaker if we could somehow manage to get Thiago.

This would be so amazing.

Salazar

Aye

I'll take Fellaini so long as we pick up a fuck-off-clever creator to go with.

Fellaini+Strootz would be excessive brawn

Fergie

Banned
I'm all for Fellaini now.

Would be a very ideal player. Can both 2 CM roles so he would be a good back up to replace Carrick when needed and can also bring the physical edge to our midfield especially further up the pitch.

He's not perfect but beggars can't be choosers. If we could sign him and then another playmaker-ish type CM it would be perfect cos then we'd have a pivot in Carrick, box-to-box in Fellaini and then a playmaker if we could somehow manage to get Thiago.

This would be so amazing.

Same. Let's see how he does. Having that presence in the field. Carrick is amazing, but he gets overpowered like nothing. Them together, lets go.

Or what Salazar said.

Walshy

Noted. Although he does have a point about Valdes overrating himself, the guy probably think he's had a huge role in Barca's success.

First off, hello and welcome. Who do you support?
Thanks for the welcome, only got my account verified a couple of days ago but I've been lurking GAF for a long time. Always had a look in this thread now and then.

I'm a Liverpool fan, although I know that won't be received very well by the majority of this thread! Been a season ticket holder for about three years now.

Also I'm not too worried about Fellaini's elbows, infact I will welcome them.

Always helps to have a dirty bastard player in the team. We're a couple short. Fellaini will take care of that.

Clegg

Aye

A three man midfield of Carrick/Fellaini/Strootman could work.

Fellaini could be the dirty bastard of a player, Carrick the controller and Strootman the chao who runs up and down all day long.

dc89

I'm pretty sure he's still onboard. GB guys can't do news without him.

I listened to this weeks and he was on it. I heard he was leaving.

I lost my shit this morning listening to this weeks when they talked about people on YouTube who get tasered and they're like "I'm a Marine, I can handle this."

ZAP

"agrhrjeyuwkwbeyeoejedgyjejebeyiekehee"

You just gotta listen to it. It's amazing.

Aye

Muchly agreed. Would be a fine combo. Fellaini + Thiago + ZahALLAH + another winger would be a grand transfer window, even taking into account potential sales of Nani, Ando and/or Roon.

subtles

leo-meymar-x525.jpg

"Next season when things aren't going well for Barça: Messi and Neymar can perform the fusion dance to create (Leo Meymar)."

(via @Jouracule)

Salazar

Professor was talking about his research at a seminar this afternoon - it's on Australia, New York, and London as participants in an accelerated 20th century commercial exchange (or movement, anyway) of literature.

And he mentioned that one of the potential titles for work emerging from his analysis is "The Two-Sided Triangle". I'm going to make sure he chooses it.

I listened to this weeks and he was on it. I heard he was leaving.

I lost my shit this morning listening to this weeks when they talked about people on YouTube who get tasered and they're like "I'm a Marine, I can handle this."

ZAP

"agrhrjeyuwkwbeyeoejedgyjejebeyiekehee"

You just gotta listen to it. It's amazing.

lol I am 10 episodes behind but I heard the last few episodes were good. Which episodes to skip?

FootballFan

Oh god SubtleCloud that picture is sickening but godly at the same time.

Thanks for the welcome, only got my account verified a couple of days ago but I've been lurking GAF for a long time. Always had a look in this thread now and then.

I'm a Liverpool fan, although I know that won't be received very well by the majority of this thread! Been a season ticket holder for about three years now.

Nice!

I like Liverpool! Most Barca fans do actually. Mainly because Liverpool fans seem to hate us the least. Which I am guessing is due to the fact we haven't kicked your ass like we have other teams in recent years.

Oh god SubtleCloud that picture is sickening but godly at the same time.

Nice!

I like Liverpool! Most Barca fans do actually. Mainly because Liverpool fans seem to hate us the least. Which I am guessing is due to the fact we haven't kicked your ass like we have other teams in recent year.
Because you stopped United from winning 2 more European Cups.

L1NETT

Why would Fellani not be a good signing for United? I think any prem club would love to have the Belgian Monster in midfield.

Yeah he is a bit of a knob but you would all rather you had him on your team than play against me.

---

Also if Villa does come to the prem whereabouts do you think he will end up? Pool, spurs or Arsenal.

Could see all three myself.

Messi

Why would Fellani not be a good signing for United? I think any prem club would love to have the Belgian Monster in midfield.

Yeah he is a bit of a knob but you would all rather you had him on your team than play against me.

---

Also if Villa does come to the prem whereabouts do you think he will end up? Pool, spurs or Arsenal.

Could see all three myself.

Arsenal

Walshy

QUICK....your thoughts on Suarez?

Welcome!
I think that Liverpool fans can't admire his brilliant on the pitch all season then feel cheated when he wants to move to a club who is playing in the Champions League. He is a world class player who deserves to be playing at the highest level. Since he has joined us, we have finished 6th, 7th and 8th. That's not good enough.

Off the pitch he has dragged his name and our reputation in the dirt. We stood by him over the racism incident a bit naively, no other club would of went to length to defend a player and it backfired. This 'persecution' by the press is laughable, considering he brought it on himself. He deserved all the shit thrown at him with the biting incident.

It would be great if he stayed but I think he's put himself in the shop window now. The only reason his agent has came out and denied he wants the move is because of the loyalty fee he would pocket if a move to Madrid would come off.

Clegg

We won't play with 3 in midfield yo.
We played with two in midfield during the Fergus era. I always want to see us playing with wingers but I wouldn't mind seeing us play a bit differently from time to time.

There's no point in appointing a new manager and telling him to implement the exact same style as his predecessor.

I think that Liverpool fans can't admire his brilliant on the pitch all season then feel cheated when he wants to move to a club who is playing in the Champions League. He is a world class player who deserves to be playing at the highest level. Since he has joined us, we have finished 6th, 7th and 8th. That's not good enough.

Off the pitch he has dragged his name and our reputation in the dirt. We stood by him over the racism incident a bit naively, no other club would of went to length to defend a player and it backfired. This 'persecution' by the press is laughable, considering he brought it on himself. He deserved all the shit thrown at him with the biting incident.

It would be great if he stayed but I think he's put himself in the shop window now. The only reason his agent has came out and denied he wants the move is because of the loyalty fee he would pocket if a move to Madrid would come off.

Wait....you sound like a Liverpool fan who's head is screwed on the right way.

Holy shit. A rare breed. Like finding a shiny Charizard.

We played with two in midfield during the Fergus era. I always want to see us playing with wingers but I wouldn't mind seeing us play a bit differently from time to time.

There's no point in appointing a new manager and telling him to implement the exact same style as his predecessor.
He's going to implement whatever style he thinks is best.

Judging from his time at Everton 4-4-2 is here to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom