• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

DDNzNjN.jpg

That left hand right there will lift the Ballon d'Or if Messi ever decides to start donating the award to second place. Won't be too long until it's renamed after Messi anyway.

subtles

Oh god SubtleCloud that picture is sickening but godly at the same time.

Imagine the power levels! Their average age would mean they would dominate football with youth and experience for many years to come!

Nice!

I like Liverpool! Most Barca fans do actually. Mainly because Liverpool fans seem to hate us the least. Which I am guessing is due to the fact we haven't kicked your ass like we have other teams in recent years.

Many I know take pride in the fact that Liverpool were the only English team to beat Barcelona at the Camp Nou (winning 1-0 in the 1976 Uefa Cup Semi Final and again in the Champions League in 2007). Barcelona also didn't take Xabi Alonso!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Next season's Clasico is going to have Suarez v Biscuits. It's going to be hilarious.

Sky saying Suarez has confirmed he wants to leave and they have an interview with him where he explains reasons, according to Twitter anyways.

Clegg

He's going to implement whatever style he thinks is best.

Judging from his time at Everton 4-4-2 is here to stay.
I agree with this.

I just don't want him to implement a formation because he feels pressured by the fans/players etc.

Its going to be Carrick and someone in midfield next season. Clev and Ando don't look good enough. We'll need to bring someone in.

Salazar

Paul Kelso ‏@pkelso 4s
Suarez interview translation reads: "My reason for leaving is my family & my image, I don't feel comfortable here any more." #LFC

Paul Kelso ‏@pkelso 1m
Luis Suarez has given TV interview on international duty with Uruguay in which he says he is "leaving" Liverpool #LFC

looooooooooooool

PowderedToast

i expected suarez to go. whether it's for money, image, family, w/e i don't really care. what i DO care about is that we get a good price and that the club uses it wisely. please please please don't waste this money LFC

FootballFan

So it's not just a bs made up quote? He is actually leaving??

SandroRosell pls.

Just kidding, don't want to ruin our gentlemen image.

Walshy

i expected suarez to go. whether it's for money, image, family, w/e i don't really care. what i DO care about is that we get a good price and that the club uses it wisely. please please please don't waste this money LFC
Well the clause is over £35m, we know that much.

I wouldn't mind us going for Lamela but I doubt Roma would sell for cheap.

Tc91

Sky Bet ‏@SkyBet 30s
You've absolutely bitten our hands off at 8/15 and gnawed it all the way down to 2/9 for Suarez to leave #LFC

GLORIUS.

PowderedToast

So it's not just a bs made up quote? He is actually leaving??

SandroRosell pls.

Just kidding, don't want to ruin our gentlemen image.

yes, on sky sports now.

"being followed by the paparazzi, couldn't go the shops etc. it was too much"

"they talk about me being named the best player in england but i knew it wasn't going to happen. the straw that broke the camel's back was my mistake (biting), i accept it, but they went too far"

"i have one year left on the contract and have received no offers. if i stay i will do my best, but i don't think that will happen"

Tc91

yes, on sky sports now.

"being followed by the paparazzi, couldn't go the shops etc. it was too much"

"they talk about me being named by the best player in england but i knew it wasn't going to happen. the straw that broke the camel's back was my mistake (biting), i accept it, but they went too far"

"i have one year left on the contract and have received no offers. if i stay i will do my best, but i don't think that will happen"

Uh oh..

Clegg

So Suarez is going to be the big name player to leave the league this season.

He's a twat but I wouldn't like to see him leave the league. You always want the best players to stay in the league you watch most often.

On the other hand, Lollerpool.

operon

I'm sure this is old but:

Utter twat. It's going to be amazing watching Liverpool fans turn on him once he goes to Madrid. I gleefully await the shirt burnings.

After Torres leaving I won't be surprised if Suarez goes, I mean if Arsenal can sell Van Persie to united nothing will surprise you in football

PowderedToast

there's an interesting bit were he says

"it's a difficult moment for me. the coach and my colleagues know that they didn't treat me well here. they know it and i know it"

i assume by 'they' he means the press?

3Sixty

there's an interesting bit were he says

"it's a difficult moment for me. the coach and my colleagues know that they didn't treat me well here. they know it and i know it"

i assume by 'they' he means the press?

I don't get it.

He has the liverpool hivemind down to a tee.

dc89

No one backed Suarez?

Oh right. A club legend was made to look a fucking silly mug by wearing a t-shirt.

Yup. Everyone's screwed Luis over.

Salvadora

I don't want to see Suarez leave England. We need more superstars.

Someone will go, someone always does. My money is on Podolski.
Oh, I expect Sagna to leave at the very least. Podolski could go, but at least it would be at our discretion.

Our transfer gossip will be focused on who's coming in rather than who's going out.
Theres no-one left to leave anyway.

If Song can play for Barcelona anything can happen.

What's the best website to watch for transfer rumors, gossip, and news?

Also. Started reading FM stole my life last night. Pretty good and will be a quick read.

FootballFan

I don't even hate Suarez but he is an idiot if those comments are real. Liverpool backed him up through everything, the fans, the club and players/coaches, even King Kenny was made to wear that dumb shirt for him.

How is he blaming others? Who is forcing him to be racist, bite people and dive ? So confusing..

LTWheels

Well the clause is over £35m, we know that much.

I wouldn't mind us going for Lamela but I doubt Roma would sell for cheap.

A rumoured buyout clause is £40m. I've also heard that buyout clauses don't exist in English football contracts?

I really dislike that he is hiding it behind the journalists chasing him out of the country bullocks.

Supposedly Madrid are only willing to offer £20m and Jose Callejon, it's a bit of a joke.

Club needs to stay strong in negotiations.

Feorax

I don't want to see Suarez leave England. We need more superstars.

As much as Suarez' media blaming is a load of crap, one thing our press are excellent at doing is fanning the flames for the best talents in the league to move abroad. They were falling over themselves re Fabregas and Modric, deperate for the stories to come to fruition. Really poor attitude to have.

yes, he just said "i have a contract"

i was typing quickly and misheard him. i remember that news. sorry for the misinformation!

No worries :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom