• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

Suarez doing all the wrong things, unfortunate because he's a great player for Liverpool.

For some reason I don't seen him doing as well in a squad with more depth.

Empty

not really surprised. he's 26 and obviously incredibly determined and ambitious, he's not going to give his peak years to a club that's one or probably two away from champions league football and maybe a couple more from being really elite. especially when that is incompatible with liverpool's current plans which are mostly making young signings for long term building like allen, coutinho, sturridge, aspas etc instead of being focused on spending big to getting in the top four as soon as possible.

of course he's going to blame the media. he can't exactly say that.

Tc91

I hate "ITK's" on Twitter.

Connor ‏@ConnorwilsonLFC
No more questions please people regarding #Suarez I've said he's staying, he will.. If not, I'll leave twitter. But he will. #FinalSay #LFC

Then tweets his get out clause:

Connor ‏@ConnorwilsonLFC
Like I said "If he goes, I'll leave twitter" if use want me to leave now.. I will! You decide.

dc89

Like I said to you the other night dude. Genuine ITK's are very few and far between.

On the whole of Twitter, I only know one person who actually has insight into City. And that may be down to luck?!

Dad is more ITK than those guys :lolol

PowderedToast

I don't even hate Suarez but he is an idiot if those comments are real. Liverpool backed him up through everything, the fans, the club and players/coaches, even King Kenny was made to wear that dumb shirt for him.

How is he blaming others? Who is forcing him to be racist, bite people and dive ? So confusing..

apart from the mistake i made about the contract, they are real but slightly truncated by me. they are sky's translation which gives it all a little wiggle room i suppose, he is speaking in uruguayan/spanish at a press conference.

but this one,

"it's a difficult moment for me. the coach and my colleagues know that they didn't treat me well here. they know it and i know it"

is word for word from the telly. and it's the one i'm most confused by.

Walshy

A rumoured buyout clause is £40m. I've also heard that buyout clauses don't exist in English football contracts?

I really dislike that he is hiding it behind the journalists chasing him out of the country bullocks.

Supposedly Madrid are only willing to offer £20m and Jose Callejon, wish is a bit of a joke.

Club needs to stay strong in negotiations.
They value Callejon at £20m? That's a bit of a joke. We shouldn't get shafted with their deadwood again, remember Nunez?

Tony Barrett was on CityTalk talking about it yesterday, says it's around £40m. Also says that Rodgers would be allowed to reinvest all of it.

TeegsD

Fact of the matter is, Liverpool aren't that good anymore. Suarez, minus all his stupidity, is a phenomenal player. He isn't getting younger and he should be playing CL football sooner rather than hoping Liverpool can finish above Everton

Feorax

Supposedly we've got our contingency plan in place for Suarez leaving. Hopefully we can get it executed bloody quickly.

I expected us to make 4 signings this summer, I now reckon it will be closer to 7 (ironically)

Suarez is a mess, I don't even think he even knows what he's doing. Ruined the clubs history, goes on record to say no one backed me when he made two managers look like idiots in front of the press and fans.

The fans backed him and he fucks them. One would like to think they'll learn but let's face it they won't.

inb4waynerooney

We didn't back Rooney as much as they backed Suarez, besides Rooney is not a racist nor does he crave the human flesh.

PowderedToast

They value Callejon at £20m? That's a bit of a joke. We shouldn't get shafted with their deadwood again, remember Nunez?

Tony Barrett was on CityTalk talking about it yesterday, says it's around £40m. Also says that Rodgers would be allowed to reinvest all of it.

good. the question is, does he use it to buy one major marquee signing, or to plug more gaps in the squad?

Ingeniero

Suarez is doomed for saying that, he should retire from football, or go back to play in Uruguay maybe, top clubs may be interested in his skill, although I think he is very overrated, but his cunt image closes all the doors.

tumblr_mdyjjpzfAY1rdvz5fo1_500.gif

Tc91

ManUtd Stuff ‏@ManUtdStuff
De Gea: "Playing for Manchester United, one of the greatest clubs in the world, is always a source of pride to me."

ManUtd Stuff ‏@ManUtdStuff
De Gea: "Every time I pull the United shirt on, I'm pulling on the history of this club."

Sorry Barca bro's.

You can sign the Lolerpool chaff.

LTWheels

good. the question is, does he use it to buy one major marquee signing, or to plug more gaps in the squad?

I would rather us improve our squad, than a marquee signing. Squad depth will be better for us in the long run. We can't just go relying on one major talent. Look what has happened with Torres and now Suarez. I would rather the goals be spread out amongst the team.

Walshy

I think he will spread the money out a bit rather than any marquee signings. We have a rumoured budget of £25m plus any player sales. With Suarez, Skrtel, Coates, Shelvey, Downing and possibly Reina heading for the exit it gives Rodgers a lot of cash to spend.

subtles

This may be seen as a knee-jerk reaction and I know many people probably won't agree with me but this summer the club really need to sell Suarez. The moment a player becomes bigger than the club he's playing for is the time to sell.

Off the pitch Suarez is an unpredictable PR disaster waiting to happen. On the pitch though is where I really feel the club needs to asses the situation.

What kind of a coward uses his own shortcomings to move away from a club that has supported him so he can win trophies (while protecting his loyalty fee)? I know Cavani is always in his ear but just come out and admit you want the move.

The summer after Torres was sold there was an opportunity for the club to rebuild without basing the team around Suarez as Rafa had done with Torres. Even when Torres was injured or playing badly he still blamed our losses on his teammates and wanted to go to a team where he could win trophies.

Unfortunately Ayre comes out every other week saying the team is being built around Suarez.

When Suarez plays a lot of the team rely solely on him and don't step up. When Suarez plays well he wins games on his own, when he doesn't however a lot of our promising attacks break down because he tries to do too much rather than trust his teammates.

The club will take a step back if they sell Suarez but investing the money into the team trying to build a cohesive, technical and intelligent unit will see us better off in the long run.

There are many, many examples of clubs that have sold their best player and gone on to perform better, most notably Ronaldinho at Barcelona, Del Piero-Juve and Suarez leaving Ajax.

I'm firmly in the camp that Liverpool would be better off without him, provided his transfer fee was spent wisely.

Del Piero-Juve
This was unnecessary, though. Elder statesman and model professional who had willingly accepted a massive wage cut for the sake of the club. He wasn't holding us back or demanding to play every game, and his continued excellence in Australia suggests to me he would have been a more effective substitute than some players I could name.

The only reason for it that I can see is the club management wanting to make a break with the past, but Del Piero was unproblematic and beloved icon of Juventus who didn't need to leave when he did.

PowderedToast

I would rather us improve our squad, than a marquee signing. Squad depth will be better for us in the long run. We can't just go relying on one major talent. Look what has happened with Torres and now Suarez. I would rather the goals be spread out amongst the team.

i agree, but then i feel like bringing in a 'big' player could galvanize the squad after losing suarez.

Wilbur

Banned
Liverpool fans cheer yourself up:

@MUFC_Facebook: is steele a youth / reserve team memeber?

@MUFC_Facebook: if carrick into bathroom goes tomorrow if infinity. "shrug"

@MUFC_Facebook: bye to micky phewlans bald head :((

@MUFC_Facebook: rene his face was so pleasurable to see at tense times n i will miss phelan shorts

@MUFC_Facebook: ashley is my little black baby. tender i like

@MUFC_Facebook: if da cec fabregas rumors r tru i will name my snake cec fabregas

@MUFC_Facebook: nd carrick is only 21 so he will get beta a
nd beta!!

Am I the only person that thinks Suarez would be a brilliant signing for Juve?

And I know its been Callejon and 20mil that's rumoured but what about Higuain and 20mil, Would Liverpool fans be happy with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom