• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Facism

Gold Member
Am I the only person that thinks Suarez would be a brilliant signing for Juve?

And I know its been Callejon and 20mil that's rumoured but what about Higuain and 20mil, Would Liverpool fans be happy with that?

I think suarez would be a brilliant signing for any prison.

phaze

Good news Arsenal fans, the best player in Africa has confirmed he wants to stay. Looks like you'll be keeping one of your top talents this year.

Yessss. Fear us !
FJkiDPM.gif

Supposedly we're in for Villa. I wouldn't mind him really.

Feorax

Am I the only person that thinks Suarez would be a brilliant signing for Juve?

And I know its been Callejon and 20mil that's rumoured but what about Higuain and 20mil, Would Liverpool fans be happy with that?

Might sound pedantic, but i'd prefer Higuain plus £25 million.

We're going to need a striker and an attacking mid to replace Suarez realistically.

subtles

Happier, undoubtedly, but still pissed.

Rodgers getting Sturridge and Coutinho has bolstered his spotting credentials. They reckon he'd buy adroit young foreigners, rather than Kevin Nolan.

Actually the new "Transfer Committee" has taken all the plaudits. Last summer we were after Dempsey, Borini and Allen (two of which Rodgers had already worked with). Whoever is really responsible for those two signings is anyone's guess.

We're going to need a striker and an attacking mid to replace Suarez realistically.

Higuain is not going to swap Real for Liverpool, with all these teams with rich owners around if Real were indicating he was able to leave they would go and get cash for him.

Also, Suarez isn't worth that much anyway.

Walshy

Actually the new "Transfer Committee" has taken all the plaudits. Last summer we were after Dempsey, Borini and Allen (two of which Rodgers had already worked with). Whoever is really responsible for those two signings is anyone's guess.
Doesn't Rodgers have final say on all transfers though?

Wouldn't mind one of Lamela, Eriksen or Mkhitaryan for an attacking midfielder. Mkhitaryan would be amazing just to see commentators trying to pronounce his name.

Wilbur

Banned
s.c._ITK ‏@sc_ITK_17 59s
Suarez said to have been in contact with Arbeloa over move, pretty much confirmed by my sources #suarez #lfc #arbeloa

looooooool i love these accounts, pop up after ten seconds. Three tweets. SOURCES

s.c._ITK ‏@sc_ITK_17 59s
Suarez said to have been in contact with Arbeloa over move, pretty much confirmed by my sources #suarez #lfc #arbeloa

looooooool i love these accounts, pop up after ten seconds. Three tweets. SOURCES

"had Michael Dawson's previous phone number in his phone book" lol what a profile.

subtles

Doesn't Rodgers have final say on all transfers though?

Yes, but I was referring to the phrase "spotting credentials". A lot of fans had doubts about Rodgers ability to spot a player and believe the "Transfer Committee" convinced Rodgers about those two.

(Remember last summer when there were papers and ITKs who said that the club refused to sanction the Dempsey move but would purchase Sturridge? Chelsea turned down the loan Rodgers wanted so he refused to sanction a purchase if rumors are to be believed.)

Turok_TTZ

Morning footygaf.

Checking on various papers, AS got an article on Suarez. I check it only to find they are only reporting what the Mirror has reported. Le sigh. I will never stop seeing the suarez to madrid shit will I? Still nothing from spain, its all the british papers pushing their agenda.

Have to say though the Mirror's bs of 23-27 million plus callejon made me chuckle. If I'm not mistaken we are trying to trade Callejon + $$$ to try to sign Isco (and probably fail miserably). Which makes me doubt the Mirror's claims even more. I'm not familiar with any british paper (I do not follow the EPL). they similar to daily mail or they might have something? I reckon its just paper talk trying to make something happen as Flo says, Still quiet in spain.

Heynckes laughing off tymo's comments made me lol. well regardless I do not care who comes, as long as its not that fool Carlo I don't mind who comes. Though Tottenham's AVB being considered 3rd choice does not fill me with confidence.

Would Suarez go on strike if Liverpool decide not to sell?
Madrid would need to be interested first. let's not get ahead of ourselves.

LTWheels

If think the whole Dempsey thing was a power struggle within the club. After that summer, the club does not seem to be as cautious about spending money anymore, like they became over Kenny's singings.

Fergie

Banned
Liverpool fans cheer yourself up:

@MUFC_Facebook: is steele a youth / reserve team memeber?

@MUFC_Facebook: if carrick into bathroom goes tomorrow if infinity. "shrug"

@MUFC_Facebook: bye to micky phewlans bald head :((

@MUFC_Facebook: rene his face was so pleasurable to see at tense times n i will miss phelan shorts

@MUFC_Facebook: ashley is my little black baby. tender i like

@MUFC_Facebook: if da cec fabregas rumors r tru i will name my snake cec fabregas

@MUFC_Facebook: nd carrick is only 21 so he will get beta a
nd beta!!

@MUFC_Facebook: nd carrick is only 21 so he will get beta a
nd beta!!
Lol WTF. Hahaha.

@MUFC_Facebook: if da cec fabregas rumors r tru i will name my snake cec fabregas
I will as well mate.

Pumping dem irons.

Wilbur

Banned
s.c._ITK ‏@sc_ITK_17 6m
Other Premier League news #BPL #EPL : Thiago Alancantara's representatives in talks with David Moyes #MUFC #thiago #barca

looooooool

s.c._ITK ‏@sc_ITK_17 2m
Rumours that #THFC also mulling over £25m + Defoe bid for Suarez. Couldnt offer him #CL football for a season but chance to play with #Bale

Labadal

I can't really blame Suarez if he wants to leave. He might be an idiot sometimes, but he's by far our best player. People saying we didn't miss him at the end of the season are crazy. We played with no pressure the games he was banned. We had nothing to play for.

Feorax

Twitter is amazing, the only signings people want to make are 20 year old wonderkids who probably have 5* potential in FM, completely ignoring the fact that one of our biggest weaknesses has been our mentality, experience and lack of leadership.

Edit: LFC putting out the standard "not for sale" statement. Interesting that Suarez insists he made his feelings clear to the club, LFC's statement says the opposite.

Twitter is amazing, the only signings people want to make are 20 year old wonderkids who probably have 5* potential in FM, completely ignoring the fact that one of our biggest weaknesses has been our mentality, experience and lack of leadership.

Piece by piece, you're turning into modern day Arsenal, minus the CL qualification.

Turok_TTZ

Then why why not burn posters/pictures and memorabilia rather than the club's shirt? The same shirt they will wear again next season with another name on it?

This is where empathy fails for me. I cannot fathom the minds of those who do this.
Idiots will be idiots after all.

The Summer. the time in which I might regret being a real madrid fan. just miight...
If there is anything I hate its the rumor mill. We probably won't go after anyone for real bar neymar (failed), bale (TBD) till elections are done. till then these papers gonna tabloids to sell and make money. Fucking sucks to filter out the shit and the legit reports.

LTWheels

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 2m
#LFC : The Club remains supportive of Luis and expect him to honour his contract. We will not be making any further comment at this stage.

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 3m
A statement from #LFC: Luis Suarez is not for sale - neither Luis or his representatives have communicated these feelings directly to LFC.

PowderedToast

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 2m
#LFC : The Club remains supportive of Luis and expect him to honour his contract. We will not be making any further comment at this stage.

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 3m
A statement from #LFC: Luis Suarez is not for sale - neither Luis or his representatives have communicated these feelings directly to LFC.

just reactionary PR. he will go

Wilbur

Banned
This one is gonna be a good one lads, indykaila level. I can tell:

s.c._ITK ‏@sc_ITK_17 6m
Mark Hughes also wants his first signing to maybe be Britton, with a move for Huddleston in the pipeline #Stoke #THFC #fatheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom