• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Valdes just punched a corner into his own goal.

Really hope FIFA 14 gets rid of this shit

I played FUT against some cheating bitch yesterday. He took 8 players and stuck them all along the goal line inside the box. I prevented him from scoring a few times with my standard defending but one time I did literally nothing wrong (defensive header, started a counter attack) and out of nowhere I was whistled for a penalty. I don't know if it was just because my computer controlled defenders got bunched up or something but I was furious. It came literally 3-4 seconds after the fact and naturally he didn't wait for a replay to show WTF happened.

He ended up scoring directly off a corner using this method too and went up 4-2 but I managed to come back and earn a draw at the death. Sadly I needed to win my last 3 to win Division 1 so it didn't matter. :(

Ligue 1 is becoming more and more attractive by the day, next season's looking really promising. Can't wait to see what PSG's response gonna be like once the coach situation is sorted out.

I'd like us to snatch Bale away from those Madrid bitches.

Bale isn't going anywhere. AVB has worked his persuasive magic.

Slizz

Valdes just punched a corner into his own goal.

Really hope FIFA 14 gets rid of this shit

Bunch of strange shit has been happening to me online with FIFA.

Had a 5-4 game in which me and the other dude had 3 pure bullshit goals a piece.... Keeper coming out and punching it from the edge of the box right to the other team.... all sorts of shit.

subtles

Nobody could have predicted how much of a fantastic player he would evolve in.

I remember reading an article in 2011 that talked extensively about Reus and how he developed under Favre.

He was essentially "the complete attacking player" who was a False 9 and a False 10 at any given time. He's certainly grown by leaps and bounds from the frail player who left Dortmund.

I played FUT against some cheating bitch yesterday. He took 8 players and stuck them all along the goal line inside the box. I prevented him from scoring a few times with my standard defending but one time I did literally nothing wrong (defensive header, started a counter attack) and out of nowhere I was whistled for a penalty. I don't know if it was just because my computer controlled defenders got bunched up or something but I was furious.

He ended up scoring directly off a corner using this method too and went up 4-2 but I managed to come back and earn a draw at the death. Sadly I needed to win my last 3 to win Division 1 so it didn't matter. :(

So he stuck half his team on his line for the entire match? I didn't even know that was possible. There are so many exploits in this game that I can't keep up lol

Bunch of strange shit has been happening to me online with FIFA.

Had a 5-4 game in which me and the other dude had 3 pure bullshit goals a piece.... Keeper coming out and punching it from the edge of the box right to the other team.... all sorts of shit.

I'm hoping that this is the year that PES finally gets its act together I'm not holding my breath though.

Messi

<3 Puyol

“My future is at Barça. I have three years remaining on my contract and I want to play competitively until I’m 40, I’m going to fight for it”

Meier

So he stuck half his team on his line for the entire match? I didn't even know that was possible. There are so many exploits in this game that I can't keep up lol

Yeah, he took all but 2 guys left at midfield and his keeper and crowded them along the goal line (behind my keeper even) within the confines of the goal. Managed to get a goal this way once and somehow essentially glitched the game into getting a penalty off it another time. I was livid but coming back and at least taking a win from him was glorious. At least one of his other goals was exceedingly cheap too but I don't really remember it.

TeegsD

I still can't believe that they spell it Thiago. His parents and Messi + His girl. bunch of twats. Ruin a perfectly beautiful name by sticking one of the ugliest letters in there needlessly.

Mac_Lane

Bale would be nice, but he is a luxury buy atm. I rather get a striker, defensive mid to backup Matuidi, and a left back.

I don't really think we need another defensive mid, Verratti keeps getting better and I think Chantôme's ok for the job. A left back is much needed however.

I don't think we'll be able to lure Cristiano but I'd like us to get a Cavani or a Rooney at the very least.

subtles

Does anybody else find the lack of communication in Suarez's camp hilarious? They say Suarez has offers in England but will not consider them "out of respect for Liverpool".

Whatever happened to the English press?

Oliver Kay (according to twitter) also says we should expect 10 outs and 8 ins as far as transfers are concerned.

Tc91

Tancredi Palmeri &#8207;@tancredipalmeri 2s
WOW!Footage on spanish tv:RealMadrid at new kits photo;Cristiano screams to Higuain:"Stay,don't go".Higuain:"If they don't pay me more I go"

Tancredi dropping bombs!

Meier

All these dumbass "news" organizations are illiterate. Khaldoon mentioned City would name their manage within the next 2 weeks but the interview happened 5 days ago (day after the Chelsea game in NY). They don't even bother to try and do any sort of fact checking.

@dc: I didn't buy this season's kit yet since it's just too damn expensive for me until they're cheaper.. they don't have any 40" left in the home or away. I'm doomed to never get another Umbro. :(

Timurid

I don't really think we need another defensive mid, Verratti keeps getting better and I think Chantôme's ok for the job. A left back is much needed however.

I don't think we'll be able to lure Cristiano but I'd like us to get a Cavani or a Rooney at the very least.
I hope we keep Chantôme. He is a good squad player and plus he is versatile. He is not that good defensively same with Verratti. Most of Verratti's tackles end up being fouls.

Maybe Motta can provide cover for Matuidi, but I would feel better if we got Capoue or someone else. Matuidi played 52 games in all competitions this season. I just don't want to see the Blaise injured or burned out.

Cavani or Rooney would be great additions up front, but I would prefer Cavani though.

---------Ibra---Cavani---
Lavezzi-----------------Lucas Moura

This would be an awesome attack.

I thought you meant the official one, anyway this one is much better.

Send me your phone number, I'll give to Wilbury and you can join the chat!

Wait, that's an unofficial one you linked? Will check it out tomorrow in that case :)

I'll PM you my number as well. Then you can send me a message when someone has a meltdown so I can revel in it as it happens live :p

How the fuck did City nearly fail to beat QPR at home, a man down?

Wait, that's an unofficial one you linked? Will check it out tomorrow in that case :)

I'll PM you my number as well. Then you can send me a message when someone has a meltdown so I can revel in it as it happens live :p

It's all been too quiet recently, I think we need new fish :p

Do I have to access that link through Chrome/Android for it to work?

Not necessarily, just sign in to the page with your Google account and you can choose to install it to your phone. Next time you use your phone it should be installed/installing.

Meier

Balotelli deserves a lot of credit for his bit in that goal

He came in and was a terror. Think he took like 6 or 7 shots in 15 minutes on the pitch. :lol Didn't score but was close a few times and obviously managing to get that ball to Sergio was fantastic. Definitely miss him although the transfer was for the best.

Zabojnik

So do you support Italy at the major tournaments then, or are you truly neutral? I personally just get depressed when Russia doesn't qualify and hate on all the teams that did.

Yeah, I support Italy. How could I not? It's basically Juventus plus a couple of players from inferior teams like Milan and Lecce.

Turkey 0 - 2 Slovenia. SLOVENIAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! I've always believed in this team!

Did you read Brown's interview? :(

He's hoping we don't "sell" him. He wants to come back to us after a season or two with Montella.

I'd be okay with 20M€ + Quaglia + Marrone on loan, but the shoemakers will never fall for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom