• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

neighbor, you've fallen in with the wrong crowd
i've got so much to tell you in so little time
oh neighbor, keep things close to your heart
if no one can help you, then how can i?

this is such a beautiful chorus

The Back Room was soooo good, but I've cared less and less for their releases since then. Smokers Outside the Hospital Doors is an absolute jam but I don't think I listened to their 3rd record more than once or twice. I see they have a new one out in about a month.

Meier

Apparently AS are reporting AVB is third choice to replace Mourinho after Ancelloti and Heynckes. They're probably hoping that he'd be able to talk Bale into following him.

Serie A gaf how is Adem Ljajic doing?

He had a very nice season for Fiorentina. They've resigned themselves to losing Jovetic but are hopeful they can extend Ljajic shortly.

spidye

what have you done yurt?
I'm wasting my time on tumblr

tumblr_mnm7p2toxt1qin3w6o2_250.gif

tumblr_mnm7p2toxt1qin3w6o6_250.gif

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
How else is a league like Ligue 1 supposed to improve its quality quickly without having teams spending enormous amounts of money?

Scum

Apparently AS are reporting AVB is third choice to replace Mourinho after Ancelloti and Heynckes. They're probably hoping that he'd be able to talk Bale into following him.

He had a very nice season for Fiorentina. They've resigned themselves to losing Jovetic but are hopeful they can extend Ljajic shortly.
They'll have to get past Ush first.

How else is a league like Ligue 1 supposed to improve its quality quickly without having teams spending enormous amounts of money?

By building up popularity, prestige and success through a holistic youth policy and excellent signings made with the help of world class financial advisers.

/Kermit

spidye

like germany did. well it took them some years but 3 teams in rounds of 16 of the cl is quite good and they did not spend oil or gas money

Fry

I can'T believe that the season will be over after tommorrows game :(

Nah man, it's good. Football takes a lot of time from your life, it's actually a necessary break. And after winning the CL, we can also rest mentally. So can the players.

But yeah, I also look forward seeing the new Bayern.

fuenf

Nah man, it's good. Football takes a lot of time from your life, it's actually a necessary break. And after winning the CL, we can also rest mentally. So can the players.

But yeah, I also look forward seeing the new Bayern.

Yeah you might be right, tbh I invested far too much time this season :( I was like an information sponge when it came to bayern.

There isn’t an awful lot weirder than a news story about a Chinese baby rescued after being accidentally flushed down the toilet and found in the sewer alive.

But one way to take that up a notch is to bring official mental Adrian Mutu into the equation. The former Chelsea striker has announced that he wishes to adopt the baby that was apparently lost down the toilet after its mother was unaware that she was pregnant.

wat

Some interesting transfer bits from Guilleme Balague:

The arrival of Neymar has had the first consequence. Cesc Fabregas rumours started strongly, suggesting that he wants to leave Barcelona and that Barcelona would consider selling him. Well, despite the interest from Chelsea, City, United and Arsenal, Barcelona have got no intention whatsoever to let him go. But they will have to say so publicly to calm everybody down, not least the player that would want some reassurances that the arrival of Neymar will not affect him. One deterrent: his buy out clause is 200 million euros for everybody, apart from Arsenal (40 million for them). Everything will be sorted and he will wear the Barcelona shirt next season

Villa could have gone to Arsenal in a four year deal in January but instead now he has on the table an offer from Atletico Madrid and one of Spurs (2 year deal). Arsenal are delaying any approach for now, even though it would be strange if they wanted him so badly five months ago and not at all now. He prefers to go to the Premier League

After guaranteeing the arrival of Iago Aspas (my worry is his consistency and mental maturity, but he has a lot of talent), Luis Alberto could be the next Spanish player landing in Anfield, but it is pending the activation or not of the clause that Barcelona has for the Sevilla player (on loan to the Barcelona B team). If they activate it, he might still go but it might cost more. If he eventually arrives to Anfield, he is an offensive midfielder, forward, that can play in two out of the three positions in the 4-3-3 , behind the striker or as false nine.

Soon all will be confirmed with Manuel Pellegrini and City who is trying to convince Isco to come to Manchester. Isco also has an offer from Real Madrid

Talking of which, Carlo Ancelotti is still trying to get away from PSG but the French club are not making it easy. Juup Heynckes is a second choice for Madrid but Florentino Perez will insist with Ancelotti for a while, but will not wait for ever

Ronaldo will not leave Real Madrid this summer. I have been told by the club I can swear that he is not going anywhere this summer, so I swear that he will not.

Luis Suarez: the message I got from him it was to say he had no agreement with Madrid… yet anyway. He doesn’t want to go back to Anfield. But I don’t totally believe the excuse of the media behaviour. Yes, he has become the villain of the piece but I think his efforts to move have to do with him wanting to play the Champions League. And the intelligent Liverpool fans (the majority), even though they are hurt, they seem to understand it. Real Madrid is willing to pay his buy out clause (40 million)

Gareth Bale will be the saga of the summer. Real Madrid will try, Spurs will demand 80 million. The player doesn’t want to force his way out a la Modric… so we are going to hear a lot about that one all summer.

Thiago is considering seriously to leave Barcelona. Nobody is telling him yet what his role at the club will be next season and the interest from City and United will continue. Remember his buy out clause is 18 million till the 1st of August. He would like his future to be resolved soon but it doesn’t always work that way, and that is mostly because…

Tito’s future is not totally clear. A Barcelona director’s suggested that the future of the club is in the hands “of Tito’s wife”. What he means is that the family has to decide if he is strong enough to continue. If so, he will. If not, the club is preparing a plan B (Valverde, Luis Enrique have been contact among others). And as it is not guaranteed yet that he will be the coach many doubts have grown in the mind of players at the club

Meier

Does City have any academy products in their squad? Richards?

Yep. John Guidetti, Karim Rekik and Abdul Razak also were academy players although they started elsewhere initially. Guidetti has played fewer games than those two guys for the first team but he has been at City since 2008. A good number of other talented youth players but it remains to be seen if/when they will get a chance.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Yep as well as John Guidetti. Karim Rekik and Abdul Razak also were academy players although they started elsewhere initially. Guidetti has played fewer games than those two guys sadly. A good number of other talented youth players but it remains to be seen if/when they will get a chance.

Where was Guidetti this year? Or did he not go on loan?

Meier

Where was Guidetti this year? Or did he not go on loan?

He developed some really weird virus that attacked his nerves and left him with no feeling in his leg or something. Didn't do anything football related for 9 months or so.. played with the EDS after he got healthy again. A real shame, a team like Reading or Sunderland would have really benefited from having him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom