• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Gareth Bale will be the saga of the summer. Real Madrid will try, Spurs will demand 80 million. The player doesn’t want to force his way out a la Modric… so we are going to hear a lot about that one all summer.

We sure will, the Madrid papers won't shut up. But it won't happen. Bale just won't force it and we aren't looking to sell. Next year maybe.

MPW

40m for suarez? no thanks

i rather pay 80 and get bale

better and younger

plus, bale is marketable unlike suarez

Clegg

@Corrienationstreet is brilliant.

SOURCES INDICATE UNITED ARE IN A MEETING WITH THIAGOS AGENTS ACCORDING TO REPORTS.

That man loves his reports.

Carbonox

40m for suarez? no thanks

i rather pay 80 and get bale

better and younger

plus, bale is marketable unlike suarez

You're wrong. There are far more dental and oral health adverts on TV these days than Woburn Safari Park monkey sanctuary ones. You should really go for Suarez.

defel

How much choice do players get anyway? If Spurs accepted an 80mil bid for Bale and Bale refused to go to Spain would the deal stall or would he be forced to move. Never been certain how that works.

Meier

How much choice do players get anyway? If Spurs accepted an 80mil bid for Bale and Bale refused to go to Spain would the deal stall or would he be forced to move. Never been certain how that works.

Players have the final say every time unlike American sports. Now the club can say hey, we won't play you unless you leave or something and that might be enough to ensure they leave but it's always up to the player in the end -- even if there is a release clause. They have to agree to terms on a new deal.

FootballFan

Also for everyone saying "hurr Barca signing shit wingers instead of fixing their defenders", Tito said next thing we are looking to buy is CBs in this window.

Also statement on Thiago doesn't seem too confident.. hmm

"I don't know anything about Thiago wanting to leave. Thiago has a future here at Barcelona. We want him to stay but it depends on him. There's a lot of competition in midfield. It's up to the player if he wants to continue but it's not only us having confidence in him, but him having confidence in himself."

Lightning

Banned
Magnolet? Or we should have aimed for Lopez :/
I wanted Mignolet, yeah.

All Cesar will do is provide competition to Szczesny for 2 years. He's a cheap stop gap solution meant to give Szczesny a kick up the ass to perform. I don't understand the move for Cesar though, he is unlikely to be first choice which will only dampen his chances for the world cup unless Szczesny gets injured or plays poorly.

It's a signing clearly to develop Szczesny though.

L1NETT

City 8th in my FM season. Just beat them 6-2 away from home.

If only.

I think the only silver lining when all the worlds' oil runs out is that all these artificial clubs will finally go back where they belong.

Unless they get bought by the inventor of the solar panel, then we are truly fucked.

Fry

But that's not saying much. He's still shit.

image.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom