• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dadddyyyy

uFo3qOo.jpg

Raptor

Fuck that indeed, if we're paying that much we might as well pay more for a striker who's just as good if not better with a less stained image. Cavani pls.

Suarez is way better.

God damn it!

They tied us, I mean sure this game means shit but Real always has this Pride man, where are the players like Raul?

If Hierro were on the pitch he would be screaming to all of this pricks.

Walshy

Shamelessly, I'm posting an interview from my friend with Pepe Reina. It's a pretty good interview, it gives a couple of good quotes of his current situation at Liverpool.

http://theinterviewfactory.wordpress.com/2013/05/31/interview-with-pepe-reina/

Some interesting quotes from the interview:

As a friend and teammate,what would be your advice for Luis Suarez with regards to his future?

I recommend him Valium (laughing …). No, he is aware of what is best for him and his family. Liverpool is a great club but I’m sure he wants to fight for titles.

He wants to play with the best ones, Luis is 26 and he has to think about his career and despite that, Liverpool is a great Club.

He maybe wants to have other things that Liverpool doesnt have right now.

It’s been said that you are the perfect replacement for Valdes and that you are loved in Barcelona,would it be the best thing that could happen to you right now?

Like I said before, there are some teams you can’t say no to. FC Barcelona is one of them. I’ve always said that Liverpool is my home now, that I’m really happy to be here and I hope it’s for a long time. However, if at any time, it happens that Barça knocks on my door and I have the opportunity to return home, I think that it is going to be really difficult to say no.

Would you fit into Tito Vilanova’s Barcelona?

I have a lot of confidence in myself; but it’s a different thing to have their confidence in me.

If you get the chance to develop your professional career outside of Liverpool,like we have mentioned, do you think your fans would understand after 8 successful years?

I hope so. I mean, during my career in Liverpool I’ve always given 100% of what I have. I could have left so many times but I wanted to stay here because I felt that I had to be here and because I wanted to be here. I’ve been lucky and I’ve had the feeling that I’ve played for two different Liverpool teams. The first one was really competitive and we were fighting for everything and the other one, the last one, perhaps wasn’t at the same level but I’ve always said that I’ve been really comfortable in Liverpool over the past 8 years. For me, this is home. It’s my children’s home, my wife’s home and it was here where we raised a family. I hope and I wish that if one day I changed location for any reason, because football said so, I hope people remember me with love.

Fuck that indeed, if we're paying that much we might as well pay more for a striker who's just as good if not better with a less stained image. Cavani pls.

You may have to wrestle City and Chelsea for him now seeing as Falcao is out of the picture.

rodvik

MOVE ASIDE, VILLA LION MUPPETRY COMING THROUGH

lion-cub-fight.gif

@OHenleyAlex 13m
My sources in Poland tell me that Aleksandar Tonev is close to joining Aston Villa and will fly to Birmingham tomorrow for a medical.

Allegedly this is now a done deal!

I like Lamberts approach. Shipping too many goals at the back? Buy more attackers.

Spin it like you guys did a wrong buying? Fucking no, you did an excellent and smart signing. Arsenal brought you glory, face it. Without RVP you're shit up front. Arsenal saved you. Arsenal also scored three goals against Bayern, Champions of Europe together with Bayern.
Just because he used to play with Arsenal doesn't make him 'Arsenal' by the time he leaves us he won't even remember your club.

Is this good or bad?

It's fantastic! Hasn't played for us for two years, wasn't even given a number last year. Played on loan at a provincial club two years ago and was injured half the time. He spent all of last year collecting his salary rather than go on loan elsewhere. I like the guy, but players like him and Jorge Martinez are a burden. At least Amauri and Melo had the decency to go play elsewhere.

Edit: 3 million euros a year, porca puttana!

Walshy

Great quotes there, thanks for posting!
No worries. Couldn't really argue with the last quote. Pepe has been us thick and thin, and if he leaves I doubt many fans will condemn him if he makes the move to Barca.

Playing 8 years at a foreign club (especially when your domestic league is so strong) must feel like an eternity to him.

Suen

Just because he used to play with Arsenal doesn't make him 'Arsenal' by the time he leaves us he won't even remember your club.
By the time he leaves you no one will give a fuck about him except United fans because you'll be stuck with Shrek while fighting in the relegation zone.

Suen

and people say Benzema is shit. He may not be among the great but he's good. Fuck the haters.

I guess Modric is shit in the penalty area as some Spurs fans said :/

Respect Ricardo Lopez!

Raptor

and people say Benzema is shit. He may not be among the great but he's good. Fuck the haters.

I guess Modric is shit in the penalty area as some Spurs fans said :/

Respect Ricardo Lopez!

Modric is probably one of the very few that is showing some great football IMO.

Suen

Modric is probably one of the very few that is showing some great football IMO.
He's been a great signing. Really glad we have him. Benz showing again and again why he's better than Higuain but I'm glad Higuain scored today if this will be his last game.

Suen

lol by that logic we were also the champions of Europe in 2011 as well, we beat Barca 2-1 at home and they went on to win it :p
Different, this team trashed Barca by seven goals. We scored the same amount against these monsters, champions!

We will be Champions next season too. Ferguson will retire and Wenger will be the longest serving manager in EPL, resulting in us winning right away (with Cesar and Giroud).

Raptor

He's been a great signing. Really glad we have him. Benz showing again and again why he's better than Higuain but I'm glad Higuain scored today if this will be his last game.

I agree, I think somethign is happening with Benz to be honest, he sometimes shows some great talent but it seems he is always distracted or something I don't know.

phaze

lol by that logic we were also the champions of Europe in 2011 as well, we beat Barca 2-1 at home and they went on to win it :p

We know what we are ! Champions of Europe !

I can't go through the Neogaf speaks video without cringing 10 seconds in and turning it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom