• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Grenier
The Frenchman has enjoyed a fine season at Lyon and his performances have attracted the attention of Gunners boss Arsene Wenger, who is looking to spend big this summer

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has warned Arsenal they will have to pay £31 million in order to sign Clement Grenier this summer.

"Clement said to me that he will give priority to Lyon if we qualify for the Champions League. So I prefer [to listen to] what he said, rather than what Arsene Wenger said," Aulas told Canal+.

"If Arsene wants to have an idea of Grenier's price, I will tell him that it is the same as what Bayern Munich paid for Mario Gotze - around €37m (£31m)."

The Gunners are keen to strengthen their squad this summer after securing Champions League football ahead of local rivals Tottenham on the final day of the season.

There has been talk of Wenger having up to £70 million to spend with the likes of Steven Jovetic, Wayne Rooney, Sebastien Corchia as well as a potential new goalkeeper all on the radar.

Goal revealed earlier this week that Swansea defender Ashley Williams could well be the first new arrival at the Emirates Stadium, with the 28-year-old already having agreed terms with the Gunners.

However, Wenger has previously not spoken publicly on any potential transfer target, before his claims to Telefoot that he was "following" Grenier.

The 22-year-old has enjoyed a breakthrough season for his current club, cementing himself as a first-team regular and scoring six goals in 32 appearances in all competitions.
Say whaaaaat

Serie A is so easy on FM. Or at least it would be if I wasn't Lazio, had a transfer budget of more that 0 and a wage bill that wasn't so big I can't even sign players on loan. Oh and if the team wasn't old and shit.

But normally you see a young player that might be good -> Co-ownership. They turn out to be good then you buy the rest of their rights. They turn out average then you normally make your money back anyway.

Pachimari

Actually, I'm not too concerned about signings.

The first thing we should do is to either take the captains band from Iker Casillas or kick him out.

I wonder what'll happen if he doesn't play the last match as he is at 29 games this season and in order for his contract to renew itself he needs 30 games.

It's time...

iI5UkLRQXXIAh.gif

phaze

So who is better? Mignolet or Lopez? And despite how good people say that Grenier is we already have attacking midfielders who are good enough to do their job. I don't mind Grenier in the squad but a player like that is not our priority. We need a fucking striker and a goalkeeper first. Wenger, Negredo or Castro pls (though he's old...)

Santos failing at Gremio and coming back to Arse is among the worst and most hilarious news I've read this month. I should be angry and offended that he is in our squad but it's so bad I can't help but laugh at this joke of a signing we did.

Isn't Denilson coming back as well ? #DenilsonSantosBendtnerFuture

TeegsD

Happy to see Martings called up by Bento. Not sure if a decisive game against Russia is the place for it but if Russia are going to stick with the same gameplan than it might just work.

Salvadora

Ashley Williams has agreed terms with us? Excellent.

Sebastien Corchia is a new name. We do need a new right back, so I hope we make a move.

Happy to see Martings called up by Bento. Not sure if a decisive game against Russia is the place for it but if Russia are going to stick with the same gameplan than it might just work.

He´s ready. The pressure he´s been under while playing for Sporting is way bigger than the match against Russia.

With a bit distance, I think I can finally post this:

I was disappointed with the German Bayern players and I seriously can't see Germany dominating a WC or Euro in the next few years.

Neuer and Müller were both solid but not spectacular. Lahm was good defensively but let's be honest, while Großkreutz is a great player, Lahm had tougher challenges before. And thus, especially his attacking play was rather poor to me. Schweinsteiger was rather poor overall and Bayern only got better when Martinez started beasting defensively. Those two "leaders" has still to impress me in an important match.

Wes

venison crêpe
Sitting in the cinema waiting for Fast 6 to blow my face off.

This place is creepy when it's empty and quiet

I once went with a friend to see Bridesmaids. It was a completely empty cinema 5 minutes before it was expected to start so we though we would sit in some of the luxury seats you normally have to pay extra for.

Two minutes later two girls come in, the only other people in the cinema, searching for their seats. Turns out we chose their exact seats and told us to move. EVERY OTHER SEAT WAS FREE. No one else came.

Some people.

Messi

I once went with a friend to see Bridesmaids. It was a completely empty cinema 5 minutes before it was expected to start so we though we would sit in some of the luxury seats you normally have to pay extra for.

Two minutes later two girls come in, the only other people in the cinema, searching for their seats. Turns out we chose their exact seats and told us to move. EVERY OTHER SEAT WAS FREE. No one else came.

Some people.

Some people are dickheads.

Feel like a that sitting here with a bottle of water instead of snacks. Damn diet.

No doubt Zaha will do something special but he's fucking average 95% of the time

He's a young Taraabt at best, fancy footwork but so little end product

Edit I agree with the girls if I paid for those seats you better fuck off out of them, I presume they were dead centre?

LegoArmo

All he's done is a few stepovers and lost the ball each time

Like I said it seems a bit of flair masks basic failings

Aye, only one of his runs ended in a good ball. The other times he's literally passed it straight to Watford players, for some reason. Really bad, look up boy.

Please keep slating Zaha. I'm convinced he's gong to score or get a good assist in this game.

Of this I have no doubt but it doesn't mask his output over a season

Aye, only one of his runs ended in a good ball. The other times he's literally passed it straight to Watford players, for some reason. Really bad, look up boy.

The thing is if he did the same without the stepovers people would say he was shite but because he does pointless shit he looks Impressive

Then again the likes of Ronaldo used to be a bit like that so Froggie may get the best of him......But Moyes is ok as well

Clegg

Zaha can beat a man with trickery which is something Young and Valencia haven't done in a long time for United. Nani is most likely leaving too so we have room for another flair player.

If we can iron out his other flaws then we'll have a very good player on our hands. He's a young winger and 99% of them are highly wasteful. Ronaldo was the epitome of this for three full seasons.

TeegsD

So it seems Diogo Salomao helped Deportivo stay up, the cunts. Now I want him back, and Jardim better want him back too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom