• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Those crazy Brazilians, building a statue of Pirlo.

Actually..

Amauri-Signs-for-Fiorentina.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Double post, sorry.

LOOOOOOL one of my friends actually believes that!

He can't be. He's too brutal and my Jaqen is a gentle flower. But he's from his hood or something so I fully expect Arya to give him the coin

ALRIGHT stop talking pulg
3AQmK.gif

pulga

Banned
FUCK when is a transfer bomb gonna drop? Im bored as fuuuuuuckkk.

Double post, sorry.

He can't be. He's too brutal and my Jaqen is a gentle flower. But he's from his hood or something so I fully expect Arya to give him the coin

ALRIGHT stop talking pulg
3AQmK.gif

Valar morghulis, Yur.

Wes

venison crêpe
Just watched The West Wing's pilot. Is it that good for a whole 7 series, or does it drop off at some point? Because the writing was phenomenal.

Pretty much stays that good.

Second series is the finest series in the whole of television.

Common consensus if the first four series', the ones where Sorkin was still on board, are much better than the final three. The final three are still worth watching though as they're of a higher standard than a lot of the dross currently on the air.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't think I could name a favourite series/season of television. Breaking Bad 3 and 4, all of The Wire, all of Deadwood, both Office series, both FOTC, all of Father Ted, all of The Thick Of It, 1 and 2 of Arrested Development, 2-5 of The US Office, 2-4 of Parks and Rec...

there's too much good tv godamnit and i've still so much to watch

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I've still never watched an episode of the following:

The Sopranos
Lost
Breaking Bad
Arrested Development
Parks and Rec
Breaking Bad is brilliant.
LOST is a fun ride. Watch it with your wife, it'll make it x100 more fun.
AD is HILARIOUS, but is kinda hard to get into at first.

Meier

The Mirror with some apparent info on the reasoning behind the Pellegrini delay.

Manuel Pellegrini's appointment as Manchester City boss is being held up by a £3.2million contract stand-off.

Pellegrini has agreed to take over at City, but the move has been delayed by an ongoing contractual issue with his former club Malaga.

The Mirror has learned that Pellegrini has not been paid by Malaga for two months - and that a third month without pay would entitle him to walk away for free.

That would mean deposed Premier League champs City would not have to meet the £3.2m buy-out clause that would release Pellegrini from the final year of his deal with the Spaniards.

With City already paying sacked boss Roberto Mancini £7m in compensation, the club are keen to avoid coughing up another hefty sum to secure his replacement.

Pellegrini has agreed a £15m, three-year deal with City and had been expected to be confirmed as their new boss earlier this week.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-manager-pellegrini-delay-1951301?

Mastadon

Banned
Breaking Bad is brilliant.
LOST is a fun ride. Watch it with your wife, it'll make it x100 more fun.
AD is HILARIOUS, but is kinda hard to get into at first.

I pretty much know what happens in Lost without having to go through the bother of actually watching it. Breaking Bad is next on my list.

L1NETT

Wow favourite series of TV is so hard.

The Wire, Thick of It, Sherlock, Blackadder Goes forth got to be up there.

I think the last ep of Blackadder goes forth is my favourite episode ever. Not sure why, just love it so much.

Wilbur

Banned
I've still never watched an episode of the following:

Breaking Bad
Arrested Development
Parks and Rec

Breaking Bad Seasons 1 & 2 is a brilliantly acted and well written show that never touches greatness but is more than entertaining enough for you to keep watching. 3, 4 and 5 are fucking god tier across all creative levels; the acting, the camera work, the music choices, the editing, the writing, the characters... it's fantastic.

Arrested Development has a pretty good opening episode but then immediately up swings for about 50 episodes of consistent brilliance. Then there's a rough start to S4 but you're completely aware there's been a seven year gap, and by episode 7 you're back in the swing of things and its brilliant again

Parks & Rec has a very average opening season but a nice last episode (only 6 eps), and the main character's great. Then it suddenly takes a massive swing in quality and is fantastic for near 60 consecutive episodes now (that I've seen, add the S4 that I haven't).

Some good shit. Some good, good shit.

I'm liking this Paulinho rumour. Much more so than the Gareth Barry one. Not really sure why more clubs haven't gone after him yet (other than Inter and apparently PSG)

Wilbur

Banned
Wow favourite series of TV is so hard.

The Wire, Thick of It, Sherlock, Blackadder Goes forth got to be up there.

I think the last ep of Blackadder goes forth is my favourite episode ever. Not sure why, just love it so much.

Fuck picking a favourite episode would be even harder :/

Pushed, I think it would be either Father Ted's Speed 3, The Office's Training Day or Arrested Development's Pier Pressure. Dramas like The Wire and Deadwood I can't really point out specific episodes when its all one long narrative.

Is that Kate Upton?

I don't actually think she's anything special face wise (wouldn't say no obv, but comparatively speaking), but she's got a slamming bod

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Btw, Marchisio said he wants to stay but "it takes two to tango".

I hope it's United and not Monaco then.

Edit: Our favourite kiwi is up
3AQmK.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom