• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
jojostrap.gif

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I remember this!

Would someone please photoshop Juve's jersey inside?

Please

Pls

Bumhead

Banned
If Palace have received £120m today, how much did all the other Premier League clubs get?

It's not a lump sum. The reported £120m is how much money promotion to the Premier League is worth to a club long term, even if they get relegated at the first attempt, for sponsorship, prize money and parachute payments etc.

It's also not quite as simple as it sounds. To be honest, the term "poison chalice" can be thrown around equally as much for clubs that go up and don't use that money wisely.

Salvadora

Martin Skrtel admits he may move on after 'worst Liverpool season'
'If an offer were to come in I would consider it seriously'
Skrtel said: "I have not had any specific offers but if some should come and they interest me, I would probably consider it seriously. The club has the biggest say in this in any case, because they have the right for it with me being contracted. I am not saying that I want to leave at any cost. I feel sorry for what happened in this season. But I have been here for five and a half years and I have built a position here.
Skrtel added: "It was one of the worst seasons in my career and certainly the worst during my time at Liverpool. After the game at Manchester United, the coach decided he wanted to change the team and justified to me that we lacked the organisation and defensive leadership personality. That was Carragher.

"Obviously I was not happy, it bugged me. On the other hand, I realise that only 11 can play and the 11 the coach chooses now is without me. I decided to add even more in training, so I was ready for a chance to show that I belong on the field, and not on the pitch."
Guess that's sorted then.

You're Egyptian? Awesome!

Loved learning about Ancient Egypt when I was younger, might get back into it. Went on a wikipedia spree a couple of days ago looking at stuff related to the Valley of Kings and Howard Carter.

Took Egyptian history in school, some really fascinating stuff about ancient Egypt and some properly scary stuff.

I've never visited any of the sites though, I'll probably do that when I finish Uni.

Salvadora

Arsenal legend Freddie Ljungberg says a trophyless season should never be celebrated by Gunners players.

Arsenal players celebrated wildly after securing Champions League qualification on the final day of the season.

Ljungberg told the Telegraph: “I’m not too happy that they celebrated. How I see the club is different, I’m from the old school and Pat Rice said to me if you don’t win a trophy every year it is a big failure.

“It’s a bit different now and they have all the debt from the new stadium and we will have to see what happens this summer – hopefully they will have a better team next year.”
I know that feel, Freddie :/.

God knows how we'll celebrate when we actually win something! It was a tough old fight for CL, though.
:( @ how things have turned out with him. Exceptional defender on his day, don't understand what's happened this season

Yeah it's a little inexplicable really. I'd really hesitate before bringing the likes of Kolo Toure though. He's incredibly slow, plus on huge wages.

Probably been mentioned already but it looks like Thiago will be with the Spanish U21's while Barca are playing their last game.

Cheap buy out clause here we come.

Dat Thiago, Chelsea bound!

Link up with his buddies, Fernando, Juan, Cesar and Oriol.

Get Lopez in as well, called ourselves Spainski.

Linius

I really hope he goes with Neymar Jr to fuck these idiots over. lol.

Is that you Football Fan?

That would be worse, then no one has it right :lol

But you're telling there's a Neymar Sr. who also played football? I know nothing about this boy except for the fact he plays with Brazilian shit defenders.

Messi

That would be worse, then no one has it right :lol

But you're telling there's a Neymar Sr. who also played football? I know nothing about this boy except for the fact he plays with Brazilian shit defenders.

I wanna slap them for getting his name on jerseys with numbers of current players. Just wait a week until his number is announced. don't be a prick.

Salvadora

Rumour flying around that we are very close to signing Julio Pleguezuelo Selva from Barcelona.

That's another promising youth we are going to snap up, he's a defender to boot.

L1NETT

Soz if this has been discussed, but congrats to Robbie Rodgers on playing again for the LA Galaxy.

Wish the Prem was as forward in dealing with gay players :/

English football needs a Steven Davies or Gareth Thomas.

Carbonox

are shit haircuts the "in" thing in germany?

Although these shitty TOWIE hair styles are popular in the UK, I see they're hugely popular on the mainland as I swear every young adult was having them when I was in Hungary last time.

Oh and the one tattoo sleeve thing that everyone and their nan has going on.

Basically they're what I'd like to call the #ModernBellend™. 50% of lads in every night club look the exact same.

Salvadora

Twitter rumours say that Arshavin will join Azerbaijani club Khazar Lankaran and will earn £400k a week becoming the highest paid footballer in the world.

Please don't be true. I want off this planet.

Carbonox

Twitter rumours say that Arshavin will join Azerbaijani club Khazar Lankaran and will earn £400k a week becoming the highest paid footballer in the world.

Please don't be true. I want off this planet.

Couldn't happen to a better person and football player...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom