• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeegsD

So is it confirmed that Falcao and Valdes are heading to Monaco? What's the best site for transfer going ons? ESPN FC is just not on their game...

Korez

BLS1sEuCIAEKTcz.jpg:large

Napoli-Benitez: confirmed

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So Sky Italia is the only credible source left in football?

-

^Rafa Benitez is officially the new Coach of Napoli!

Good for the league.

Salvadora

Wes, just how good is this Danny Crowley boy? I'm reading a lot of 'the next Jack Wilshere'.

Barca to get PAID money for Arsenal to develop a player for them again. Stahp, it hurts to laugh this much

Well, at most it would be like £200,000 compensation.

We've got a bunch of promising Barcelona players at the moment. They won't all hurt us like Cesc did.

Clegg

I gave Benitez a lot of stick but he's still a decent manager.

Hopefully he can build on Napoli's good season.

He's still most likely going to start the new season with Cavani though.

DominoKid

Probably been mentioned already but it looks like Thiago will be with the Spanish U21's while Barca are playing their last game.

Cheap buy out clause here we come.

Its happening!

I watched some highlight vids last night and im officially excited. Those dribbling skills are exactly what we need in the center to take us to the next level. Gonna be crushed if it doesnt happen.

G-Unit

Wes, just how good is this Danny Crowley boy? I'm reading a lot of 'the next Jack Wilshere'.

Well, at most it would be like £200,000 compensation.

We've got a bunch of promising Barcelona players at the moment. They won't all hurt us like Cesc did.

stop fishing in our own young water you cunts

Congratulations to Rafa, thanks for the job you did at Chelsea. I appreciate the Europa Cup and 3rd place. Good luck.

Cavani plz

Clegg

I love transfer muppetry.

I don't for one second think we'll actually sign Thiago. But I'll get wank to the thought of it.

Fry

Good news to start my day at Neogaf.
The European champions have stressed that there's no truth in the rumours linking the Dutchman with a move away from the club

Bayern Munich sporting director Matthias Sammer has insisted that the Champions League winners have no intention of selling Arjen Robben in the summer transfer window.

The winger has been linked with a move away from FCB ever since they announced Pep Guardiola as their new head coach, but the club have dismissed speculation linking him with the likes of Juventus and Galatasaray after he struck the winner in the Champions League final.

"A lot of nonsense has been written in Germany this year and the stories about Robben are part of it," Sammer was quoted as saying by De Telegraaf.

"He has a contract for two more years and will still be a Bayern player next season. That is a certainty."

Robben played a key role in Saturday's Wembley win over Borussia Dortmund, as he set up Mario Mandzukic for the opener before finding the net himself in the dying minutes of the game to make it 2-1 and Sammer had nothing but praise for the winger.

"Arjen is a big player and this was a huge moment for his career. You need a major international title in order to be a real champion," he said.

"Bayern have Arjen to thank for this title. He's had plenty of setbacks thoughout his career, but has proven to be a real champion."

Robben joined Bayern from Real Madrid in the summer of 2009 and has since become a key figure at the Bavarians.

Carbonox

Ribery
Robben
Muller
Shaqiri
Gotze
Kroos

That will be Bayern's attacking midfielder lineup next season if everyone's staying as suggested. Madness.

Fry

Wouldn't be surprised with Gomez but why Kroos? I quite like him. Also, can't he play as a DM as well (not that he'd start over Schweinsteiger and Martinez)? Decent diversity there.

He can play as CM, but only when partnering with a real DM. Schweinsteiger + Kroos NEVER worked, it's a disaster.

So I don't know if he'd stay in the squad to be an option when Schweini would be out. Because he won't start unless he isn't starting.

And there's no way Götze is coming to sit on the bench, and there's no way Müller will be benched either.

I see no room for Kroos unfortunately. And I quite like him as well.

fuenf

Kroos won't leave, he's too important he's the only legitimate Schweini back-up we have.
He's still only 23, we shouldnt forget that Ribery is 30 already. Selling Kroos would be madness....

------Lewandowski-----
Götze -- Kroos -- Müller
----Javi -- Schweini ---

Carbonox

Be interesting to see how Gotze fits in to the formation. I guess Robben will be benched to make way for a Ribery-Gotze-Muller (or whatever setup) lineup behind whoever Pep's chosen striker is (Zukic or Lewi).

As an outsider, I'm excited to see Bayern next season. It certainly helps they acquired my favourite player outside of the Prem. :lol

Fry

Kroos won't leave, he's too important he's the only legitimate Schweini back-up we have.
He's still only 23, we shouldnt forget that Ribery is 30 already. Selling Kroos would be madness....

------Lewandowski-----
Götze -- Kroos -- Müller
----Javi -- Schweini ---

Yes, but Ribery won't leave this season, and by the looks of it, neither will Robben. (as they shouldn't)

The squad is pretty stacked, some think it's a good problem to have, I don't, really. Not when you have so many good players that I care about and don't want to see any of them leaving.

Carbonox

------Lewandowski-----
Götze -- Kroos -- Müller
----Javi -- Schweini ---

Say the above is applied, you then have Ribery, Mandzukic, Robben and Shaqiri occupying 4 spots on the bench. That's mad. :lol

Suen

Benitez to Napoli will be interesting. Where will Maradona go now? I wanted his snorting-tactics in Serie A :(

Now there are rumours about Suarez being a Madrid target as well :lol

fuenf

Yes, but Ribery won't leave this season, and by the looks of it, neither will Robben. (as they shouldn't)

The squad is pretty stacked, some think it's a good problem to have, I don't, really. Not when you have so many good players that I care about and don't want to see any of them leaving.

True but they'll need more rest, Ribery already looked fatigue the last couple of games. He was still great, especially on defense but as a result he wasnt as good as he could be on attacks. (it's crazy to say this after the CL win)

Say the above is applied, you then have Ribery, Mandzukic, Robben and Shaqiri occupying 4 spots on the bench. That's mad. :lol

Yeah that's why I'm not a fan of the Lewandowski transfer, sure it will improve us but only by the tiniest of margins. Götze / Müller could play upfront too.

K1LLER7

Rumours that United and Barca agreed to not play Thiago in their last game. Should keep the fee to 18m.

Need Graham to update us!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom