• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neymar and Barca could be a match made in heaven, I hope he'll work out for you.

As demonstrated in this GIF he is clearly a better fit at Real Madrid.

fsdfdsfdspgawf.gif

Can somebody explain to me why Neymar is supposed to be the next big thing (I'm being serious right now)?

I can see the flashiness, the cool moves and all that, but how what did he do for Santos? Has he ever won them a title? Is he always dominating games by scoring a lot of crucial goals or giving a lot of assists?

Since Bale is being mentioned, when I see him play, he always seems to actually do something for the team. He's always the guys that scores that one crucial goal.

I'm don't nearly watch enough games, but in my eyes it seems that Bale is twice the player that Neymar is.

He has scored a decent amount of goals in the Brazillian league (0,5 per game) and he makes the Brazilian league defenders look like fucking idiots all the time. He also got the decision making of Kalou though and will most likely dribble straight into 5 defenders instead of passing the ball. But his Nike Freddy Adu sponsorships has hyped him up to be the new Pele.

Would have loved to see him pull some shit like arguing with manager and refusing to pass teammates for the rest of the match because he wasn't allowed to take a penalty at Barca under Pep lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
:lol. I was seriously cringing reading this post. Full of envy ugh.

You wanted him for double what we paid, he didn't want you, build one bro.
That's not entirely accurate. Barca paid close to 50m for him in total.

He was owned by third parties.

MPW

his save success rate exceeds that of Casillas, he has claimed more crosses than the Spain captain and has been far more accurate in his distribution. Does size matter? In the case of a keeper's height it certainly can’t hurt, and Lopez (6 foot 5) has 11 centimeters on Casillas

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/realmadrid/id/1459?cc=5901

Lopez > Casillas the diva

perez should wait till he wins the election (pretty much guranteed) and then sell casillas to zenit or anzhi

his save success rate exceeds that of Casillas, he has claimed more crosses than the Spain captain and has been far more accurate in his distribution. Does size matter? In the case of a keeper's height it certainly can’t hurt, and Lopez (6 foot 5) has 11 centimeters on Casillas

perez should wait till he wins the election (pretty much guranteed) and then sell casillas to zenit or anzhi

Both Zenit and Anzhi have good goalkeepers and a Russian team would be stupid as fuck to use a foreign goalkeeper when there's a foreigner limit. I'm tired of people trying to shovel off their unwanted garbage onto Zenit as if there is any history of us buying unwanted castoffs.

MPW

Both Zenit and Anzhi have good goalkeepers and a Russian team would be stupid as fuck to use a foreign goalkeeper when there's a foreigner limit. I'm tired of people trying to shovel off their unwanted garbage onto Zenit as if there is any history of us buying unwanted castoffs.

fine he can join Monaco

Pachimari

Came to think of it, what happens if Casillas won't get the last match of the season this week?

I mean, he have to have 30 games for his contract to renew by itself (because of the lifetime contract) and so far he have 29 games - so if he doesn't get that one game, will his contract be terminated? Or more realistically, he'll probably have to negotiate a deal on Florentino Perez's terms.

Personally, I just want us to take the armband from him. He shouldn't be captain but that stupid rule of ours prevents us from taking it from him.

I want Diego Lopez in goal next season as well.

Lightning

Banned

Shove him our way then you ungrateful, peons!

World class goalkeeper. Absolute class.

Yes, but Ribery won't leave this season, and by the looks of it, neither will Robben. (as they shouldn't)

The squad is pretty stacked, some think it's a good problem to have, I don't, really. Not when you have so many good players that I care about and don't want to see any of them leaving.

You're going to upset players by not giving them enough play time. If Lewa and Gotze are being bought by Pep, surely they are more important to Pep than others.

Tc91

You know what I agree with Noel Gallagher, what has Roberto Martinez done for everyone to stand up and take notice of him as a great manager?

Because when you look at it he's kept Wigan at 17th 4 years in a row.

Meier

I have no clue why Pellegrini would be so interested in Pepe. He's fairly old already and he'd apparently cost £20m (what?! that's a ridiculous fee) and I don't see why he'd want to prevent Nastasic from growing further. I just don't believe Marca on this one. It doesn't make sense.

I have no clue why Pellegrini would be so interested in Pepe. He's fairly old already and he'd apparently cost £20m (what?! that's a ridiculous fee) and I don't see why he'd want to prevent Nastasic from growing further. I just don't believe Marca on this one. It doesn't make sense.

Well with Kolo Toure (and Lescott?) leaving you surely need a new CB? I don't believe 20m for a moment either though.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

Great GK, better than Reina. Should've gone to confed cup.

AS lol they are as credible as the catalan media. side lowe is saying 58 millions, that seems more reasonable to me. I'm pretty sure the club already had the money aside for this transfer, future transfers won't be affected by it.

Pachimari

Don't ever trust what to read on Marca and AS. WORST news papers out there. I'm happy that their readership have gone down by 50% - they are only trying to destroy Real Madrid.

And no, Barca didn't pay €72 million.

Meier

Well with Kolo Toure (and Lescott?) leaving you surely need a new CB? I don't believe 20m for a moment either though.
Yeah, I mean sure he'd be a great deputy to have, but I can't see any reason why he'd leave Madrid to possibly be a rotation player somewhere else too. If we could get him for 5-8m or something, that might be slightly more feasible. Him being Pellegrini's #1 target is just completely unbelievable though.

Clegg

I can understand why Moyes bringing in his own staff. It helps secure his position as there are familiar faces around him who'll back him up. "I'm the man in charge and this is my team", stuff like that.

But at the same time we're losing some important backroom staff who have been with us during a very successful period for the club.

Pachimari

I don't understand why there's even a discussion about a Pepe transfer here. Our club have already stated that he is not for sale. End of story.

K1LLER7

I can understand why Moyes bringing in his own staff. It helps secure his position as there are familiar faces around him who'll back him up. "I'm the man in charge and this is my team", stuff like that.

But at the same time we're losing some important backroom staff who have been with us during a very successful period for the club.
Hmm it's a bit of a weird one. I'm glad Rene refused the youth job, mainly because he deserves more. Not seen much of P.Neville's coaching but if he's anything like G.Neville, I wouldn't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom