• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

This myth about United's squad needs to stop. Its one of the best in the league.

It's the best in the league. We have to endure something similar every time Roma manage to get together a decent squad. "Ours squad is actually better, Juve are just more disciplined/concentrated/better managed." Lulz.

The players won us the league.

We have a good squad with a lot if quality running through it. Fergie built it but he can't polish a piece of shit. If the players weren't good then we wouldn't have won the league.

You wouldn't have won the league this year without Fergie IMO.

Anyway, it's a moot point, we'll see how Moyes does next year! It'll certainly be interesting.

Everybody underrates our players.

Fergie instilled his hunger for titles in the current players. We're not going anywhere sons. Now give us Thiago and Fellaini.

Clegg

City had a better squad, much worse manager. That problem now solved.

Chelsea have an unbalanced squad and manager issues. Mou coming in will 99.9% solve that.

Moyes has a lot to prove. This cannot be denied, big difference from keeping Everton top half of a table and leading United to winning a title.
City's squad isn't anything to write home about. I certainly wouldn't put it a level above United's. Who knows what Chelsea are going to be like next season. They could definitely challenge. In fact I expect them to.

But simply saying lol united won't win the title is foolishness. I think we'll win it next year. The years after that will be more tricky as players like Giggs and Rio retire. But we still have excellent squad depth.

Moyes's real challenge will be in three or four years time. He'll have had enough time to recruit the players he wants and then we'll see if he's developed a good enough squad.

Salazar

City had a better squad, much worse manager. That problem now solved.

Chelsea have an unbalanced squad and manager issues. Mou coming in will 99.9% solve that.

Moyes has a lot to prove. This cannot be denied, big difference from keeping Everton top half of a table and leading United to winning a title.

lol

football is still life, goober

It's not a matter of missing lego blocks

You can't predict shit to a 99.9% level and call problems "solved" because you like the sound of Pellegrini

And fucking lol at describing Mou's arrival as an end to "manager issues". CAN YOU EVEN HEAR URSELF, LIGHTNING

I really want to win the league next year! I love winning it and it is the greatest feeling you can have as fan other than winning the Champions League. I can't see Chelsea winning the CL any time soon and I think it will be years before we win another one but the league next season should be close and I hope we are challenging!

Salvadora

Whats laughable is thinking that Daddy Mourinho won't come back, make Essien the captain, and win everything. He will do so well that Uefa will allow Chelsea to compete in both Europa League and Champions league at the same time and win them both.

I think that squad has some issues before it's certain.

I think Mourinho is guaranteed to bring in the necessary players, though.

I have my doubts this will be the fairytale reunion some think. Arsene 'voyeur' Wenger will see to that.

Wes

venison crêpe
Forgot to use this the other day.

untitled-15rn8ll.gif

I think that squad has some issues before it's certain.

I think Mourinho is guaranteed to bring in the necessary players, though.

I have my doubts this will be the fairytale reunion some think. Arsene 'voyeur' Wenger will see to that.

I wasn't exactly being serious. Not even expecting success from day one, although I have hope of it, but I certainly think Mou would make Chelsea into at least a title challenger after his first year.

Clegg

I'm not trying to underplay the influence Ferguson had on us winning. He was a sensational manager and played a huge role in our success.

But at the end of the day its still the players who had to win the matches. Fergie instilled the desire to win into the squad. I don't think that will disappear when Moyes takes over.

However', its Moyes job to instil the hunger into the new players he brings into the squad. That's what sets Fergie apart from most managers.

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 24m

Real Madrid preparing a 75m€ bid for Gareth Bale,according to 2 different spanish papers. To be concrete in mid-june after club's election

feel

Very excited for next football season, Barcelona and Madrid should both have new coaches and exciting squads with the mix of old great players and the crazy new signings (Neymar, Bale, etc), Manchester united without ferguson for the first time in like ever, Mourinho the boss of chelsea again

Scum

That would be glorious. Footy GAF will melt down

I want it to happen.

Maybe, I do think Arsenal will make the final 4. All the other cunt top teams will be in meltdown because of the new manager disruption.

If Wenger had any sense about him, he'll get a "spine" of players as soon as the window opens and avoid transfer muppetry. Best chance he has since he'll have a lot of stability on his side.

rodvik

If Wenger had any sense about him, he'll get a "spine" of players and so as the window opens and avoid transfer muppetry. Best chance he has since he'll have a lot of stability on his side.

Agreed. But then again this is Wenger......

GorillaJu

The saga of Phil Jagielka getting ideas well above his station continues

No kidding, fuckwit

I rate Phil Jagielka above Evans and Jones but below Vidic and Rio. He's a great CB. I'd say England's third best – second if you're not considering John Terry.

Kid A: stylistically I think United would be a hard matchup for Bayern. It would be Bayern's game to lose still, but United's got a tighter defense and isn't so casual about keeping the ball out of their half, unlike Dortmund or Barça.

Clegg

I'd rather play Jones than Jagielka though. He has a lot of potential which would only be harder to tap if we brought in another experienced defender.

I think people sometimes forget how young Jones actually is.

GorillaJu

I'd rather play Jones than Jagielka though. He has a lot of potential which would only be harder to tap if we brought in another experienced defender.

I think people sometimes forget how young Jones actually is.

I didn't forget. I just don't like Jones and I despise Evans.

Clegg

Evans is a pretty good defender and Jones has had some promising games as a centre back. He just needs more opportunities there.

Dibbz

I'm not trying to underplay the influence Ferguson had on us winning. He was a sensational manager and played a huge role in our success.

But at the end of the day its still the players who had to win the matches. Fergie instilled the desire to win into the squad. I don't think that will disappear when Moyes takes over.

However', its Moyes job to instil the hunger into the new players he brings into the squad. That's what sets Fergie apart from most managers.

Not so sure about this. There are many examples of players doing well under certain managers and not others. Just in recent history you can look at Pep at Barca vs Tito. AVB at Chelsea vs Di Matteo. Same players different outcome on the pitch.

Of course having Moyes, a guy who has got the similar ability to push his team further than they should be able to go, it's gonna be tough for anyone to match what froggie has been doing at United for years.

Clegg

Not so sure about this. There are many examples of players doing well under certain managers and not others. Just in recent history you can look at Pep at Barca vs Tito. AVB at Chelsea vs Di Matteo. Same players different outcome on the pitch.

Of course having Moyes, a guy who has got the similar ability to push his team further than they should be able to go, it's gonna be tough for anyone to match what froggie has been doing at United for years.
This is true. But there's also a strong core of experienced players at United who drive the team forward. Rio, Giggs, Vidic and even Evra all want this team to succeed I'm everything we do. There's going to be a big shift when Moyes takes over but I think our more experienced players will help with the transition.

Salvadora

If Wenger had any sense about him, he'll get a "spine" of players as soon as the window opens and avoid transfer muppetry. Best chance he has since he'll have a lot of stability on his side.
To be fair it's not always that easy to sign players in a timely fashion, especially when there is considerable competition. I think Wenger had an interview about this, in which he said players will deliberately run down the clock to get better deals and more competition between clubs in transfer windows. And that's typically why so much business is done at the tail end, along with last minute decisions of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom