• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

I've been on that Neymar hype train for a long while now, who here has an actual Neymar kit? I do(SoccerTriads). The longer I've been on this train though, the more doubts I have.

I don't think Barca is the right fit at all for him and I have been saying he'd do a lot better on Madrid, but that was when Mou was there. I don't think he's willing to go under Messi's wing and learn the actual game of football. Now that Mou's gone at Madrid I have no clue where he'd fit in and succeed. He should just go to Monaco at this point.

I have 2 Brazil neymar kits and a Santos one.

Hixx

Really? Isn't McClean good?

no-f54rpf.gif

Zabojnik

Can't wait to see Neymar play for Barca. I just hope he doesn't turn out to be ... average. That's would be so disappointing. I want him either to bomb hard or overshadow Messi.

RVP and Man U showed the impact of having a top top striker in the squad last season. Cavani is the next level above Ba and Torres for me.

Salvadora

RVP and Man U showed the impact of having a top top striker in the squad last season. Cavani is the next level above Ba and Torres for me.

Imagine RVP's goals in the first half of the season + our form in the second half of the season.

We could have been champions.

Imagine RVP's goals in the first half of the season + our form in the second half of the season.

We could have been champions.

I hope you are again, one day soon. I'd be happy with you and United swapping places and having City, Chelsea and Arsenal as the staple top 3.

Zabojnik

Torres to Napoli would be pretty sweet. Would Rafa be able to persuade him? From the champions of Europe to the champions of Italy. It's a downgrade, whichever way you look at it.

bud

You need to be brushing up on your pronunciation of Ligue 4 player names.

Any one of them could be your new striker.

those 'big signings' might help you in the short term, but it will eventually fall apart. you better brush up your knowledge of russian, azerbaijani, moldavian, israeli etc. clubs because you'll be playing against them in the europa league starting from next season.

it's over, salazar. please understand.

If only relegation-dodgers got to choose what happens at the top of the table.

If only.

But we'll see, I can't see Moyes being able to do the same things Fergie did with that squad. When it goes bad (and it will), it'll be a colossal test of both the manager and the squad to turn it back around.

Salvadora

those 'big signings' might help you in the short term, but it will eventually fall apart. you better brush up your knowledge of russian, azerbaijani, moldavian, israeli etc. clubs because you'll be playing against them in the europa league starting from next season.

It's going to be wonderful.

Hoofing balls up to Fellaini for 90 minutes. My body is ready.

Salazar

lol

Desperate, squealing ABU filth

Clegg

We all know Arsenal are going to scrape another top 4 next season and their fans will become even more divorced from the actual concept of success.

Meanwhile Moyes will enjoy a more successful season than Arsene has had in eight years.

Kyoufu

We all know Arsenal are going to scrape another top 4 next season and their fans will become even more divorced from the actual concept of success.

Meanwhile Moyes will enjoy a more successful season than Arsene has had in eight years.

I don't see you getting 2nd or 1st. It's going to be City and Chelsea IMO.

Just won the league comfortably and midfield reinforcements coming in. There's nothing laughable about that.

What's laughable is people deluding themselves into thinking the only thing holding United together was Ferguson.

Holding you together? Not quite, but he won you the league.

Salvadora

I wish I shared your confidence. I'm starting to think we'll have a pretty crappy summer. The big question will be on Wenger's contract which expires at the end of next season so this could be his last transfer summer for us.

Instead of speculation over a star player's contract, it will be over Wengers!

I'm not that confident. I think we have the ability to do great things, but we need world class signings in some areas of the pitch.

And need to do something about that mental fragility. No excuses for losses against Bradford/Blackburn.

Whats laughable is thinking that Daddy Mourinho won't come back, make Essien the captain, and win everything. He will do so well that Uefa will allow Chelsea to compete in both Europa League and Champions league at the same time and win them both.

Clegg

Holding you together? Not quite, but he won you the league.
The players won us the league.

We have a good squad with a lot if quality running through it. Fergie built it but he can't polish a piece of shit. If the players weren't good then we wouldn't have won the league.

Lightning

Banned
Just won the league comfortably and midfield reinforcements coming in. There's nothing laughable about that.

What's laughable is people deluding themselves into thinking the only thing holding United together was Ferguson.
City had a better squad, much worse manager. That problem now solved.

Chelsea have an unbalanced squad and manager issues. Mou coming in will 99.9% solve that.

Moyes has a lot to prove. This cannot be denied, big difference from keeping Everton top half of a table and leading United to winning a title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom