• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
She belongs to Smalling
Smalling belongs to Suarez
Suarez belongs to Liverpool
Liverpool belongs to the fans

She belongs to ME

I think you'll find Benteke owns him.

bentekebounce.png

The situation is screwed up anyway, I wonder what would happen if Dortmund says "we've an agreement with City you can go there and only there!".... I mean it's obvious that City would pay him higher wages than Bayern, his agents would get a nice cut and he wouldnt strengthen Dortmund's competition.

He'd probably go next year if he really wanted to go to Bayern. I guess it's pretty much done from Lewy's and Bayern's side, though. I can't see why there are no offers from other clubs and Lewy's agents stopped talking shit about Real, United, etc. otherwise.

DBT85

Waking up after the day before. Didn't get home from Wembley till fucking 9:40 last night. Bank Holiday trains + 82,000 people trying to go home = pain.

Throat is sore, legs and feet are killing me. Most of the Palace end only sat down when someone got injured or when it was half time so I was on my feet pretty much from 09:30 to 21:30 with a 2 hour stop at a pub near the start.

Didn't see too many full kit wankers there, nearly lost an eye a dozen times from daft cunts with their fucking flags on the way home carrying them like twats.

Was convinced at the end of the second half that the missed chances were going to cost Palace in the end but I'm glad they got through. From our end Watford were barely in the game for large chunks, and the fans were all sitting most of the game.

Grats once again, looking forward to having Holloway in the PL next year.

deroli

Oh yeah!

So the doorbell rang and Mr Postman handed me a parcel with the bvb figurines I ordered some days ago. Here is who I got:

Weidenfeller, Schmelzer, two Owomoyelas, Subotic, Hummels, Bender and Kuba. Not bad.

mannschaftn2qos.jpg

My favorite? Easily dat Hummels!

hummelsz9qrd.jpg

He looks nothing like on the little booklet that came with each figurine lol

Oh and unfortunately, I had to dispose some other figurines that were just way below my expectations.

mlloupxo.jpg

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 3m

That was quick!News of 8 mins ago! (via @PetterVeland ):Under21 decided to let all players join their club for last game.Mufc fans praying..

Oh fuck off. Mind you I'm not sure whether that'll be enough for Thiago.

Blablurn

i dont trust lewys mangement. it feels like van nistelrooy and vidal all over again. its okay if we get him. and its still okay if we dont get him.

Linius

So who's this Van Ginkel guy I'm reading about this morning? Chelsea, United and Norwich in for him apparently.

Yeah, I posted it yesterday. Hope that guy won't waste his career on the bench at Chelsea.

Ajax wants to buy him, but Vitesse is playing hardball and say they won't sell to us.

spidye

Oh yeah!

So the doorbell rang and Mr Postman handed me a parcel with the bvb figurines I ordered some days ago. Here is who I got:

Weidenfeller, Schmelzer, two Owomoyelas, Subotic, Hummels, Bender and Kuba. Not bad.

where did you buy them? are there figurines from other teams too?

confuziz

Banned
Still talking about Van Ginkel I see. He's young, talented but worse than Maher and Eriksen (in my opinion that is). Wouldn't cost more than 6-7 million I think.

Actually, I like the idea quite much. Deulofeu has the mental strength to work efficiently for the team while being humble in his personal achievements, which I am sure he will get.

What the hell would we want with Deulofeu on a loan without an option to buy? That would make absolutely no sense unless we just want him to be a reserve player. And even that wouldn't make sense, we can use Hofmann for that. Also the source looks like Deulofeu would like to play for BVB instead of us actually wanting him (on loan).

The link is removed.
from my mind

FOOTBALL IS DEAD
Still pretty alive from this side :D

Fuck knows why Marcelo Zalayeta took a penalty. It was Milan not a SPANISH team.
The best one was Trezeguet. In 2003 he misses and we win the Champions League. In 2006 he misses and we win the World Cup.

Italy got to the 2012 Euro finals and lost 4-0, Milan lost the final in 2005. Trezeguet wasn't playing.
Lippi out.
Lippi talked about this in his book after the World Cup. He said that during the CL Final, he looked everybody in the eyes and it was pretty clear that nobody wanted to shoot the penalties, but during the 2006 WC Final everybody wanted to shoot and was ready to do it.
That explains a lot.

Kenka

What the hell would we want with Deulofeu on a loan without an option to buy? That would make absolutely no sense unless we just want him to be a reserve player. And even that wouldn't make sense, we can use Hofmann for that. Also the source looks like Deulofeu would like to play for BVB instead of us actually wanting him (on loan).
Still, I don't think this is bad. You let Bittencourt go and Amini never quite lived up to the hype. Deulofeu can be a solid prospect. Where did you read there would be no buyout option ?
Damn Kenka why u so pretty?
I look much better than Hummels *swag*

Hixx

So we're going to have this on our shirts next year

3663_logo.png

points gained/goals conceded

Just before any fucker else gets in there.

Meteorain

Actually, I like the idea quite much. Deulofeu has the mental strength to work efficiently for the team while being humble in his personal achievements, which I am sure he will get.

But But FM tells me he's a slacker in training. Can't be that efficient!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
AVB interested in Jackson Martinez?

Now we're talking, fuck David Villa. Also AVB dismisses BAE sale:

“We finally have Benoit back so, apart from the fluid that he has on the knee, he was involved in all of the fixtures since he got back,” said the head coach.

“He’s an extremely important player for us. We have Danny Rose coming back and Zeki Fryers so we have to make the best decision [for next season].”

hot diggety damn

farewell naughton, you shan't be missed

Still, I don't think this is bad. You let Bittencourt go and Amini never quite lived up to the hype. Deulofeu can be a solid prospect. Where did you read there would be no buyout option ?

I would be surprised if we actually sold Bittencourt, he'll be great in a few years. And selling a young talented player just to loan another young talented player doesn't make sense to me.

On Deulofeu:
"pero el Barça cuenta con él para el futuro y no aceptaría un traspaso sin opción de compra."

"But Barca counts on him in the future and won't accept a transfer without an option to buy him back."

Loan, buy-back-option, it's the same shit lol

DBT85

Shatner pls.

---

Finally downloading Journey on PSN! I hope this is good!
I just subbed to PSN+ too, downloading loads of games is great :p

MAke sure you just add everything that PS+ ever adds. Who knwos if in a few months you decide you want to play something that was free and you forgot to add it!

Also if you don;t know, you don;t have to actually complete the download, just start and cancel and it'll be in your account.

Splatt

AVB interested in Jackson Martinez?

Now we're talking, fuck David Villa. Also AVB dismisses BAE sale:

hot diggety damn

farewell naughton, you shan't be missed

Disco Benny is the most awesome player in the PL.

That story where he wore different colored boots so he would confuse defenders cracked me up.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Gonzalo Higuaín: Of 38 players with 15+ goals in Europe's top 5 leagues this term, only 3 have a better conversion rate than Higuaín (27.8%)

rly?

FootballFan

That's stupidly hard to quantify though. For instance, for Ribery, passing to Mandzukic 12 yards from goal is a better option than shooting from 20. For Ronaldo, shooting from 35 yards is a better option than giving Khedira a sitter.

So fucking true. If I was taking a corner kick and Khedira was the only teammate in the box I'd try score it directly. Rubbish player.

dc89

MAke sure you just add everything that PS+ ever adds. Who knwos if in a few months you decide you want to play something that was free and you forgot to add it!

Also if you don;t know, you don;t have to actually complete the download, just start and cancel and it'll be in your account.

Just grabbed The Cave, Hitman, Dead or Alive 5 & Sine Mora or whatever it is.

spidye

so, with the confed cup around the corner who do you think will win it this time?

my money is on spain again.

---------------Lopez
Carvajal-Ramos-Pique-Alba
-------------Busquets
----Martinez--------Iniesta
--Mata-------------------Silva
------------Fabregas

HHHNNNNGHHHH

FootballFan

so, with the confed cup around the corner who do you think will win it this time?

my money is on spain again.

---------------Lopez
Carvajal-Ramos-Pique-Alba
-------------Busquets
----Martinez--------Iniesta
--Mata-------------------Silva
------------Fabregas

HHHNNNNGHHHH

My money is on Tahiti, they beat the All Whites to qualify so you know they are good.

Pachimari

:lololol Marcelo, Ramos, Pique, Alves, Casillas, Alonso get the fuck off that stage. Especially Alonso.

What about Thomas Was Alone? :(

What are you talking about? Alonso were mighty impressive last season and were the engine of the whole team. As a madridista I see Casillas as the world's best but of course that position can be argued with goalkeepers like Neuer, Buffon etc.

FootballFan

What are you talking about? Alonso were mighty impressive last season and were the engine of the whole team. As a madridista I see Casillas as the world's best but of course that position can be argued with goalkeepers like Neuer, Buffon etc.

Alonso is rubbish. Overrated like Pique. GTIYFH

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pogba "My team-mates called me Nelson Mandela for standing up against Ferguson, but even if it was Obama, I would've still said no."

U wot m8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom