• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pogba "My team-mates called me Nelson Mandela for standing up against Ferguson, but even if it was Obama, I would've still said no."

U wot m8

I'd have expected some respect to the old man from him considering we let him go to a team he chose, unlike Arsenal who only sell their players to non-competitive clubs. Oh wait.

GorillaJu

Finally, the team I've always supported through my whole life, Monaco, has made it to Ligue 1. This is the day I've been waiting for. Fair warning to PSG - you're done suckas.

We're doing the treble this year. BOOK IT.

Wes

venison crêpe
Current Winner Odds
Man United - 11/5
Man City - 9/4
Chelsea - 13/5
Arsenal - 14/1
Spurs - 25/1
Liverpool - 28/1

Current Relegation Odds
Crystal Palace - 4/7
Hull - 8/11
Cardiff - 6/4
Norwich - 11/4
Stoke - 7/2
Sunderland - 6/1
Fulham - 7/1
Aston Villa - 7/1
Southampton - 7/1
West Brom - 8/1
West Ham - 9/1
Newcastle - 14/1

sohois

Current Winner Odds
Man United - 11/5
Man City - 9/4
Chelsea - 13/5
Arsenal - 14/1
Spurs - 25/1
Liverpool - 28/1

Current Relegation Odds
Crystal Palace - 4/7
Hull - 8/11
Cardiff - 6/4
Norwich - 11/4
Stoke - 7/2
Sunderland - 6/1
Fulham - 7/1
Aston Villa - 7/1
Southampton - 7/1
West Brom - 8/1
West Ham - 9/1
Newcastle - 14/1

What odds can you get on Swansea and Everton for mid-table?

Tc91

Why do Madrid fans keep trying to convince themselves it was a bad signing. He cost less than Kaka, automatic success guaranteed already.

Most marketable athlete in the world and one of the best players in the world. Sorry Madrid missed out on him, maybe next time.

Why do you keep saying that?

Bolt, Messi, Federer, Djokovic, Lebron, Fake Ronaldo, and even retired Beckham are more marketable than him

Besides, rumor has it that Neymar will keep his image rights.

he's got to pan out first at Barca in a HUGE way to be the most marketable. don't gas yourself.

Not my words. It's just a fact.

I just find it odd that Madrid fans keep talking and bringing up his price. He is a 21 year old wonder-kid who is very marketable(happy?).

Just been reading through the thread last night :lol

I said a while back you cunts that Neymar is the most marketable athlete in the world and no WAR recon Beckham isn't even on the list of the top 50.

I was listening to talksport and they had a analyst from sportsmedia who work with Eurosport who made the list.

SportsPro Magazine have released their list of the World's 50 Most Marketable Athletes in conjunction with Eurosport, and we have whittled it down to a definite five.

1. Neymar
2. Messi
3. Rory McIlroy
4. Robert Griffin III (Handegg)
5. Usain Bolt

Perhaps surprisingly, the most marketable athlete in sport is a player whose career is only in its infancy. Despite being 21-years-old, he is being touted as the heir to Pele's throne, and as such is the face of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. The Santos striker reportedly earned $82m in 2012, with a majority of his club salary being paid by third party companies and sponsors. However, it is his potential bankability which makes him number one on this list, with Neymar valued at around $245m.

NVmKjTJ.jpg

also lol at Falcao to Monaco.

Carbonox

Current Winner Odds
Man United - 11/5
Man City - 9/4
Chelsea - 13/5
Arsenal - 14/1
Spurs - 25/1
Liverpool - 28/1

Current Relegation Odds
Crystal Palace - 4/7
Hull - 8/11
Cardiff - 6/4
Norwich - 11/4
Stoke - 7/2
Sunderland - 6/1
Fulham - 7/1
Aston Villa - 7/1
Southampton - 7/1
West Brom - 8/1
West Ham - 9/1
Newcastle - 14/1

I'd be very surprised if Hull and Crystal Palace stay up. With last season, you had stronger teams coming up (West Ham and Southampton, Reading are wank and do not count) who were genuinely good enough to remain (and so they did). Plus they strengthened enough to help them stay up.

Cardiff's the one to watch out of the 3 coming up IMO. Though they could just as easily get relegated if they do not play the transfer window right.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I don't get why people are belittling Monaco. At least when top players are joining them they get to live in fucking Monaco, not Manchester. They also have a recent-ish history of European football and a few quality players over the years.

"It's a very important decision for me and I don't want to get it wrong. I have doubts because I want to play, wherever it is, and that's the most important thing. I don't want to regret it after not getting many minutes. I'm not closing my door to anyone but my priority is to play and I don't want to be on the bench. We'll see what happens in the summer." - Isco​

Arsene PLS (;_;)

iscogif2_original.gif

Dat elegance.

confuziz

Banned
I don't get why people are belittling Monaco. At least when top players are joining them they get to live in fucking Monaco, not Manchester. They also have a recent-ish history of European football and a few quality players over the years.

Indeed. They were in the CL final in 2004 right?

Carbonox

Falcao and co will stay there for a couple of years at most and then move on to the clubs they actually want to play for.

If I were a top player, I wouldn't complain too much about moving to Monaco. I've been there and it's fucking AMAZING.

Fry

Man Utd (cunts)- Ashes1396, BLSwagger10, blurrygil, Brinbe, Cyport, Desmond, doicare, DominoKid, Dynoro, elfinke, Fëanor, Grover Cleveland, Jburton, K1LLER7, kharma45, KidA Seven, LabouredSubterfuge, LanceVance, magnificent83, MrPing1000, pappe, pslayer666, Requiem, Salazar (clueless), Slizz, Snaku, Stubo, Soi-Fong, The Friendly Monster, Tim the Wiz, Tunic, UFCLOL, Vivalaraza (false prophet), Wilbury (do not approach), WJD, yella, deGod, shortyme, Sleeplessnights, Kikarian, scently

Arnie :lol

Blablurn, you could edit the OP. Arnie really dissed me in there.

Man Utd (cunts)- Ashes1396, BLSwagger10, blurrygil, Brinbe, Cyport, Desmond, doicare, DominoKid, Dynoro, elfinke, Fëanor, Grover Cleveland, Jburton, K1LLER7, kharma45, KidA Seven, LabouredSubterfuge, LanceVance, magnificent83, MrPing1000, pappe, pslayer666, Requiem, Salazar (clueless), Slizz, Snaku, Stubo, Soi-Fong, The Friendly Monster, Tim the Wiz, Tunic, UFCLOL, Vivalaraza (false prophet), Wilbury (do not approach), WJD, yella, deGod, shortyme, Sleeplessnights, Kikarian, scently

Arnie :lol

Blablurn, you could edit the OP. Arnie really dissed me in there.

Can you add me to the cunt list also please.

qindarka

Banned
Since we sometimes like to mock posts from RAWK and RedCafe, here is a post from TalkChelsea:

A stupid thought suddenly occurred to me, and I don't know why. I love Rafa, and am very thankful for his time here. However, how do fat people achieve penetration ? If they want to impregnate their wife, do they mostly just take the semen and put it in with their hands ? Must be pretty frustrating.

Ushojax

That's a pretty good joke if he meant it.

IMO Cazorla has exactly the same problem as Ozil. He can go 90 minutes without doing a single thing of note. Then he can have a match where he gets 5 assists and the opposition are totally crushed. Then next week he's invisible again.

They're both very good but pretty much on the same level.

phaze

"It's a very important decision for me and I don't want to get it wrong. I have doubts because I want to play, wherever it is, and that's the most important thing. I don't want to regret it after not getting many minutes. I'm not closing my door to anyone but my priority is to play and I don't want to be on the bench. We'll see what happens in the summer." - Isco​

Arsene PLS (;_;)

iscogif2_original.gif

Dat elegance.

Where would we put him exactly ? We have Cazorla,Arteta and Wilshere who can play in the middle. I think that central midfield is the least of our worries

Kyoufu

Where would we put him exactly ? We have Cazorla,Arteta and Wilshere who can play in the middle. I think that central midfield is the least of our worries

He's better than all of those three...

He's not going to Arsenal anyway. Too expensive.

He's an attacking midfielder, not a CM. He would play left or in the hole.

Personally, I think we need someone for the flank and as well as a forward. Our problem isn't just taking chances, but creating them too.

Ushojax

I think if Podolski is sold (didn't he say he wanted to leave or something) then Isco would make perfect sense. He could play on the left of the front 3.

Arteta Wilshire
Cazorla
Walcott ? Isco

That would be pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom