• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Felipe Melo's agent has gone on record saying that City are interested in signing the player. I'd be okay with that. 5M€, please. Fuck Galatasaray.

pulga

Banned
Portuguese diaries are claiming Di Maria to PSG is underway for 25 million. Take him, that flank is Bale's property.

Does Zidane really know what he is doing?

Well, if we're going by his scouting prowess so far, Varane is a hole in one.

Chelsea Football Club has today (Tuesday) released Rafael Benitez from his contract to become the new manager of Napoli.

Rafa was appointed as the club's interim manager last November, and steered us to automatic Champions League qualification thanks to our third-place finish in the Barclays Premier League, while also leading us to the Europa League title in Amsterdam earlier this month.

Also departing to join Napoli are first-team fitness coach Paco De Miguel and Xavi Valero, the first-team opposition analyst.

Everybody at Chelsea Football Club would like to place on record our thanks to Rafa and his staff for their work at the club, and wish them success for the future.

Link

We let him go early so he could negotiate the Cavani deal for us before our players get back, good luck, Rafa.

More importantly, Paco and Xavi are great coaches on FM and now I need to find someone for next season. Jose better bring some great coaches with him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
With Zidane in charge, la decima will be only the beginning. Barca should hire Materazzi to counter.

So I was watching our 2001-2006 seasons the other day and I realized something..

Are we ever going to get a better trio than this?

n_juventus_campioni_ed_ex_giocatori-5416446.jpg

Unlikely innit? Sad times.

FORZA MONACO

Tc91

I'm starting to get less interested in what they do, I used to care when they'd have hurt us but now the best they can do is take away 3 points, 6 in a good year.

The Scouse boom bust cycle will be in full flow now they've got Toure at the heart of their defence, until the end of the season when they will be calling for Brentan's head.

L1NETT

Haha just heard about Kolo Toure. A real strange one.

To be fair, he may be more consistent than Skrtel.

In Bradford news, we are strongly linked to Nicky Bailey. Pray this actually happens.

Blablurn

So I was watching our 2001-2006 seasons the other day and I realized something..

Are we ever going to get a better trio than this?

n_juventus_campioni_ed_ex_giocatori-5416446.jpg

Unlikely innit? Sad times.

FORZA MONACO

i remember times when juve was this unclimbable wall for bayern. same goes for ac milan. and unfortunately we were also the last big victims of inter before they... well, i have no idea what happened there in the last years lol. but yeah, italian teams were huuugeee.

Tc91

Have they talked about Barca yet??

I only caught the Madrid talk.

Neymar was the first thing they've spoke about didn't include talking about Thiago though.

Guillem said he won't be the Youtube player he is at the moment and when Messi was asked about him his reply was "Bring him here at all costs"

Tc91

Did Guillem just say that Vieira will be taking over the EDS to build himself up to be Pellegrini's replacement?!

Meier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Wqg-zugZdI0

This fucking video. Perfect. Watch until the end. The guy to look out for starts in the top portion of the screen.

Did Guillem just say that Vieira will be taking over the EDS to build himself up to be Pellegrini's replacement?!

That's a rumor that one of the papers mentioned when Vieira was announced as the new EDS boss. If (when?) we win under Pellegrini, I can't imagine they'd be anxious to get rid of him though.

Luzhniki Stadium (which hosted the 2008 CL final) has hosted it's last football game :( After hosting this year's IAAF World Championships in Athletics in August it will be torn down and a new stadium will be built. The new stadium will host the final of the 2018 World Cup. Renders of the new one released today.

pAc15Pa-4vs.jpg

3wtvGHhHyaw.jpg

cv7J6bU7ATg.jpg

Figured I might as well join footygaf, shocking lack of rangers support in here... I'll be sure to update you all with breaking scottish second division news ;)

The Scouse boom bust cycle will be in full flow now they've got Toure at the heart of their defence, until the end of the season when they will be calling for Brentan's head.

I'll give them until the first game against us, we'll clank their failure of a defence and they'll be saying how City has ripped them off.

This fucking video. Perfect. Watch until the end. The guy to look out for starts in the top portion of the screen.

And everyone just walked away. Amazing.

Tc91

That's a rumor that one of the papers mentioned when Vieira was announced as the new EDS boss. If (when?) we win under Pellegrini, I can't imagine they'd be anxious to get rid of him though.

Wow. That would be crazy.

--

Guillem confirming that the Falcao deal will be 55-60 million euros on a 5 year deal and after 1 year he'll be allowed to go to Madrid.

That deal is so stupid.

Meier

Luzhniki Stadium (which hosted the 2008 CL final) has hosted it's last football game :( After hosting this year's IAAF World Championships in Athletics in August it will be torn down and a new stadium will be built. The new stadium will host the final of the 2018 World Cup. Renders of the new one released today.

http://cs311818.vk.me/v311818532/133c/pAc15Pa-4vs.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://cs311818.vk.me/v311818532/1360/3wtvGHhHyaw.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://cs311818.vk.me/v311818532/1345/cv7J6bU7ATg.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Damn, those are beautiful renders. Looks like it'll be a fantastic stadium.

No real surprise but City youth player Ryan McGivern is set to stay at Hibs permanently after a successful loan spell this year. He made 1 first team league appearance back in 2011.

[url]http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11792/8740475?[/url]

phaze

pAc15Pa-4vs.jpg

3wtvGHhHyaw.jpg

cv7J6bU7ATg.jpg

That skeleton looking structure on top looks weird. Does it have any practical use ?

Figured I might as well join footygaf, shocking lack of rangers support in here... I'll be sure to update you all with breaking scottish second division news ;)

Welcome !

Kenka

pAc15Pa-4vs.jpg

3wtvGHhHyaw.jpg

cv7J6bU7ATg.jpg

ixAgb37uKeFWl.gif

K1LLER7

Neymar was the first thing they've spoke about didn't include talking about Thiago though.

Guillem said he won't be the Youtube player he is at the moment and when Messi was asked about him his reply was "Bring him here at all costs"
Oh :(

Maybe they'll mention him in the end.

Yeah lol.

L1NETT

Dat England line up, not so sure about it. Why on earth is Sidwell there? My fulham mates consistently point him out as one of their weakest links.

Saying that, not sure who my England XI would be. We are so limited up front.

Hart

Walker
Jagielka
Cahill
Baines

Walcott
Wilshere
Carrick
Ox

Rooney
Welbeck

Status