• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Are there any England players that actually play as well for England as they do for their club? I'm struggling to think of any, maybe like Heitinga or somebody I suppose, he never does much wrong for England he's just not great

Yeah Hetinga has never ever put a foot wrong for England. Or for that matter, a foot.

Because Da Ox was dog shit this season.

Really? He was shit compared to Gervinho and Podolksi?

Saying he was dog shit is very harsh. Surely you would rather seem him than Forehead or anonymous

rodvik

Are there any England players that actually play as well for England as they do for their club? I'm struggling to think of any, maybe like Heitinga or somebody I suppose, he never does much wrong for England he's just not great

It is a gift England managers have. Jusr remember how these players play for their teams.

Put them in an England shirt and they become fucking donkeys.

D_prOdigy

Milner definitely plays as well for England as he does for City.

Did you mean Jagielka? I'd have to agree then. Ashley Cole too.

Well, they bought Umbro and are slowly killing off the brand it seems like. Didn't make sense to have anyone stick with their smaller brand. Sucks for the consumers though.. can't imagine anyone would prefer a Nike shirt over an Umbro. :(

Nike kit looks nice but England with Umbro is so iconic!

I've been thinking about this for a while:

Do we (England) have a style of play? Do we set out to play our own game all the time or do we just try and minimize losses and squeak by? We don't ever take anything seriously. We've never given our 1st XI a prolonged run (we fuck around with subs all the time) etc.

We really do look like a bunch of cocks having a very expensive kick around. Its been like this since Euro 96.

Yeah Hetinga has never ever put a foot wrong for England. Or for that matter, a foot.

Really? He was shit compared to Gervinho and Podolksi?

Saying he was dog shit is very harsh. Surely you would rather seem him than Forehead or anonymous

He really was.

DominoKid

I am an England fan and I agree with you. Could do without this shower embrassing us by going out in the group stages.

i actually think that'd be the best impetus for legit reform in English football. yall kind of need to get embarrassed and shown up on the world stage.

Do we (England) have a style of play?
Do we set out to play our own game all the time or do we just try and minimize losses and squeak by? We don't ever take anything seriously. We've never given our 1st XI a prolonged run (we fuck around with subs all the time) etc.

We really do look like a bunch of cocks having a very expensive kick around. Its been like this since Euro 96.

Yeah, it's just not organized, well-drilled, modern or very good. It's definitely unique though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Do we (England) have a style of play? Do we set out to play our own game all the time or do we just try and minimize losses and squeak by? We don't ever take anything seriously. We've never given our 1st XI a prolonged run (we fuck around with subs all the time) etc.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

I am an England fan and I agree with you. Could do without this shower embrassing us by going out in the group stages.

Just look at their qualifying group so far. They have three decent opponents in their group: Ukraine, Poland and Montenegro. England haven't beaten a single one. They have an away game to Ukraine in September and honestly, i have to favour Ukraine in that game.

D_prOdigy

i actually think that'd be the best impetus for legit reform in English football. yall kind of need to get embarrassed and shown up on the world stage.

We didn't even qualify for Euro 2008 and it wasn't used as a catalyst for anything. All we did was blame the manager and sack him.

rodvik

Just look at their qualifying group so far. They have three decent opponents in their group: Ukraine, Poland and Montenegro. England haven't beaten a single one. They have an away game to Ukraine in September and honestly, i have to favour Ukraine in that game.

It really wouldnt be the end of the world. Liverpool fans warned us. Hodgson has us playing pedestrian football. It is terrible to watch. It is a credit to the fans of both sides today they didnt just mass walkout. Two terribly dull managers.

It really wouldnt be the end of the world. Liverpool fans warned us. Hodgson has us playing pedestrian football. It is terrible to watch. It is a credit to the fans of both sides today they didnt just mass walkout. Two terribly dull managers.

I'm sure he had Fulham and West Brom playing more expansive football than us and England. I don't understand it

Suarez has basically left Liverpool

BLdcEFICQAAe394.jpg:large

As stupid as his older brother, it's amazing.

Barcelona Prepare £17m Plus Player Swap Bid For Chelsea Playmaker Juan Mata

Indeed this source claims that Barcelona are ready to offer £17m plus Alexis Sanchez for the Blues creative midfielder.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

caughtoffside.com again :lol

Carbonox

CaughtOffside should be shut down and thrown in the internet bin. What a wank website. Any son of a bitch could run a site and make up the most ludicrous and random transfers. Yet this one continues to get hits and references. One of my mates keeps telling me about stories on there and I have to keep telling him to clear his browser history through sheer disgust.

CaughtOffside should be shut down and thrown in the internet bin. What a wank website. Any son of a bitch could run a site and make up the most ludicrous and random transfers. Yet this one continues to get hits and references. One of my mates keeps telling me about stories on there and I have to keep telling him to clear his browser history through sheer disgust.

They should at least try and make them realistic :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom