• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

subtles

Congrats Meier. Have fun in Japan, don't do anything I would'nt do. Like going to a Kylie Minogue gig.

@Xperia bros. How do you change the camera settings so the front facing camera stops taking photos automatically with the face tracker?

@SubtleClouds, Enrique isn't necessarily the problem, the problem is that the only genuinely good backup we have for him is Johnson

He was good earlier on in the season but the last few months had many promising attacks break down because of him. Johnson also had a few bad games as well. I think they're both new fathers? I just hope it doesn't continue.

Walshy

Cocks back in?

Source
Echo says we are locked in negotiations for him.

Luis Alberto was due on Merseyside on Friday as Liverpool seek to wrap up a £6m deal for the Spaniard.

The midfielder was expected to fly in Friday afternoon to undergo a medical and discuss personal terms, after the Reds managed to negotiate an acceptable fee with Sevilla for the 20-year-old prospect.

Liverpool will pay an initial fee of £6m, with another £1m in performance-related add-ons, and hope to conclude a lengthy pursuit by confirming Alberto as their third signing of the summer in the next 24 hours.

A versatile, two-footed attacking midfielder, Alberto caught the eye of Reds scouts during a loan spell with Barcelona last season. He scored 11 goals, assisting a further 17, for the Catalans' B side in Spain's Segunda Division.

He will follow countryman Iago Aspas, whose £7.7m move from Celta Vigo will go through despite a delay in the completion of mandatory paperwork, and Kolo Toure, who will join on a free transfer from Manchester City on July 1, in signing on at Anfield.

Brendan Rodgers remains in the hunt for at least four other players. Liverpool are locked in negotiations with Shakhtar Donetsk over attacking midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan, and Sporting Lisbon for defender Tiago Ilori.

Mkhitaryan flew to Vienna, Austria on Thursday. Shakhtar are currently at an Alpine training camp, and with no deal in place with Liverpool, the 24-year-old is now expected to join up with his teammates, with his representatives continuing negotiations on his behalf. He is understood to be keen to move to Merseyside, though there are likely to be rivals for his signature.

The Reds remain confident of completing a £9m deal for Sunderland goalkeeper Simon Mignolet and, as revealed in the ECHO on Thursday, are leading the race for FC Porto's Ghanaian winger Christian Atsu.

Their bid to sign Schalke defender Kyriakos Papadopoulos, however, is over. The Reds' interest in the Greek international has cooled after initial negotiations with the German club proved fruitless.

Liverpool rate Papadopoulos, and value him at around £12m, but Schalke's insistence on a deal worth around £20m means the deal is no longer an option, with Rodgers now set to pursue other central defensive targets. Ajax's Toby Alderweireld is a potential option.

Sad to see that the Papa interest has cooled. Can see us coming back in for him later on though.

FootballFan

BNOmycsCIAAltfB.jpg

Very cool.

Going to an exhibition at the start of July in London where they've got football art like this. Should be good.

Hnggg..

:'(

<3 Pep

Rad-

Oh god Twitter is exploding with these Thiago updates. Can't believe it if we are going to get him for that cheap.

Wilbur

Banned
Amazing Meier, enjoy. I watched Lost in Translation again on Monday and I'm really intrigued by Japan.

Oh, and as much as United fans have to be excited about Thiago, City fans should be doing loops about Isco. He's the daddy.

Yeah. I'd rather Isco of the two tbh but either is a top top buy.

Coming on MP now guys

Wilbur

Banned
Message me if a spot opens up on TLoU

I think there's 8 of us on...

7 of us right now, Arnie and Sleepless on single player.

Arnie did you get past the generator?
I just fucking ran blind, set the cunt on fire and finally got through. Just did the firefight outside as well. This might be my favourite game of all time

FootballFan

PS3-Gaf should play FIFA clubs again soon too. I am too bored of playing it on PC where sometimes I am not the best! I can also use my 360 controller now thank fuck!

Yes we should, don't think I've played with you before since it never worked on PC.

I'm a defensive midfield beast.

The next Octopus of Badia.

@Xperia bros. How do you change the camera settings so the front facing camera stops taking photos automatically with the face tracker?

Turn off scene recognition maybe on the top right corner maybe? I'm not sure if that's to do with brightness or face tracker though.

I've never really looked at the camera settings much, but I think its great that there's a "Smile Tracker" as well as a face tracker and you can set how sensitive it is. I'd hate to be the guy programming such a pointless thing nobody will ever notice :p

Arnie

:lolol I told you Lolerpool fans yesterday but Arnie said I've read some shite. You haven't made contact for Mickey.

Can you read?

Honest question.

It says we've made contact, we've bid for the player, but he's not wholly owned by Shakhtar.

Is that slot open? I'll come play if it is.

Wilbur

Banned
Me and DeGod are about to play borderlands 2 if anyone wants to join in? add me, I am proofplaya on XBL.

LOOOOOL /dead

Borderlands is old school apocalypse

Come on one of you cunts get fucked by a Clicker and come on.

Fuck this game might be my favourite of all time. I just love it. Just did the bit in Pittsburgh with
Ellie getting the gun

Tc91

Can you read?

Honest question.

It says we've made contact, we've bid for the player, but he's not wholly owned by Shakhtar.

Is that slot open? I'll come play if it is.

Lolerpool are not getting him, sorry. You'll end up signing Steevy Chong Hue for £30m and you will end up crying into your wok made Paella.

Meier

Isco has apparently been quoted as saying the matter regarding his future could be closed by this Sunday. Malaga have given Txiki permission to negotiate with him and it sounds like it'll only cost £21m. City expect it to be wrapped up within the next 48 hours.

tumblr_m44rdtXItP1qhwxy7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom