• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ce-Lin

I loved how Spain TV commentators cheered Cavani's effort, Brazil is so poor, boring and lackluster any PL or La Liga team would crush them, Uruguay should be winning this comfortably already.

tumblr_inline_movvzvQD8E1qz4rgp.gif

Not a manly enough jawline?

Hixx

Fee agreed for Benjamin Mendy according to Sky. Looks like Orban is a no goer and means we're no longer desperate for Rose which should keep any potential fee down.

Meier

You've now nickpicked a players age for one month and some for 1 year. There isnt any evidence to back up you claims Isco wont get a starting spot as did most of the other people on my list. If he has half the quality as his potential indicates, he'll be a starter in no time.

Umm, it isn't nitpicking when it's just plain wrong. :lol 60% of your statement was false. I guess we'll just have to see how it goes -- we can absolutely say with certainty that he would have been ensured a starting position at City and that can't be said at Madrid. That's all there is to it.

He's probably made the wrong choice but I can't blame him. In reality, I think we lost the battle because his dad is his agent. I'm sure they got to him and offered him a very nice package in terms of agent's fees and Madrid is obviously a very alluring destination if you're the father of a player. It clearly wasn't just Isco's choice if he was an "antimadristra."

pulga

Banned
Umm, it isn't nitpicking when it's just plain wrong. :lol 60% of your statement was false. I guess we'll just have to see how it goes -- we can absolutely say with certainty that he would have been ensured a starting position at City and that can't be said at Madrid. That's all there is to it.

He's probably made the wrong choice but I can't blame him. In reality, I think we lost the battle because his dad is his agent. I'm sure they got to him and offered him a very nice package in terms of agent's fees and Madrid is obviously a very alluring destination if you're the father of a player. It clearly wasn't just Isco's choice if he was an "antimadristra."

Well I cant be arsed to properly google if Ozil was 21 and 9 months or 22 so its a nitpick to me, but nonetheless the point still stands that young players do get the chance to succeed at Madrid.

And how is going to the biggest club in the world vs going to frikkin Manchester City, a club most of the world hadnt even heard some years back, the wrong choice? LOL Hasnt even put the shirt on and he's made the wrong choice. Get real.

subtles

Perez did say something about buying more Spanish players didn't he? Isco was probably promised a major role in the new Spanish spine for Madrid.

Meier

And how is going to the biggest club in the world vs going to frikkin Manchester City, a club most of the world hadnt even heard some years back, the wrong choice? LOL Hasnt even put the shirt on and he's made the wrong choice. Get real.
Because he's 21 and should be playing every week and doing it under the coach who helped turn him into a star would be in his best interest. I didn't say he HAS just that he probably has. In the long run, it would have been smarter to continue to develop under Pellegrini at this stage in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom