• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

Hmm.

What about the HTC One? Can I listen to hip hop with my basketball bros on share play with it?

I don't trust HTC with their long term reliability. Really nice phone but I just expect anything HTC to have defects at some stage. I'd play it safe and get an S4, Nexus 4 or another Note.

Riberys affair today

2,w=276,c=0.bild.jpeg
Zahia Dehar

Mastadon

Banned
Are Liverpool doing all their scouting in Russia now?

FM Shortlist.

Postion is: Midfielder

Ask assistant manager to filter out unrealistic targets.

Did you know?
1) Born in London to an English father and Portuguese mother, Ilori joined the Sporting youth academy in 2006. He could still play for the Three Lions just like his Sporting team-mate, Eric Dier, who was born in Cheltenham and plays for the England U19 side. Ilori has so far only represented Portugal at youth level.
2) Though primarily a centre-back, Ilori can also fill in at left-back. He is known for his speed on the ground, and has even proven to be quicker than Cristiano Ronaldo and Nani in the speed tests conducted at Sporting's academy. He has been mentioned as a long-term successor to Ricardo Carvalho [see 'What's being said' below].
3) Ilori made his senior Sporting debut in November, 2011 during a league clash with U.D Leiria, and a month later appeared in the Europa League. He continued as part of the B team officially, however.
4) The arrival of new manager, Jesualdo Ferreira in January 2013 led to a significant boost in Ilori's profile. The youngster was handed a start for the first team against Gil Vicente in February, and scored a goal within six minutes, going on to play the entire game. He played a further 10 games last season, starting in all of them.
5) The defender has made 15 appearances for Portugal at U19 level and is in the country's U20 World Cup team for the tournament in Turkey beginning on 21 Jun

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine...efender-heading-anfield-199810?#ixzz2WTZIh7R8
Follow us: @talksport on Twitter
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine...r-heading-anfield-199810?#60DycHSVskj66ih7.99

Future England CB

Wow, Tahiti lost 7-0 against Chile U-20s. Maybe Spain will actually attack against them? :p

I'd feel kind of bad for them if they did though, I wonder what the bookies will put the over/under bet at.

bud23

BBC, Telegraph and the Guardian all reporting that Liverpool are willing to meet Mkhitaryan release clause.

The Shakhtar manager has came out today and said that a clause exists and a club has met it.

It's happening...

Mjitaryan? What is a Mjitaryan? I predict so many lol with that terrible name. lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Thanks Kharma and everyone who replied.

-

GdS: Juventus have surpassed Milan for Tevez. Marotta has offered City &#8364;11m & has an agreement with Tevez for &#8364;5.5m a season.

TS: Matri could be exchanged with Napoli for Zuniga.

GdS: Track hot for Ogbonna. &#8364;5m separates the move from being sealed. Torino have accepted Immobile in part exchange

Tevez, Zuniga and Ogbonna. So Zuliani's story might be true after all, he did say Conte specifically asked for these three before he left on holiday/honeymoon.

Manager

I miss DC. I have literally no idea what's happening at Man City at the moment.

Some notes from the last week:
- Pellegrini brought his assistant manager, fitness coach and goalkeeping coach from Malaga, while also keeping Kidd in the coaching staff.
- Obviously mentioned a lot in here, but Isco will chose between Real and City within 7 days.
- Tall reserve keeper Pantilimon might be off to Hull for around £3.5m.
- Tevez might be off to Italy for €10-15m, though he said today he hasn't decided anything
- One day Dzeko is staying, the next he's traded or sold. Who knows.
- Pellegrini might or might not want Lescott, Barry and Tevez to stay, they all got 12 months left.
- Heavy sources from within City is saying that Pellegrini will have the final say in anything regarding transfers, he's seen as a manager and not a coach.

So, it's impossible to guess how City's striking force will look next season. Otherwise, there's not much transfer rumours atm.

bjaelke

Mohamed Moallim @jouracule
Ajax next season will participate in both NextGen Series (U18) and UEFA Youth League (U19)

I suspect they'll be poaching several infants over the Summer if they want to stay competitive in both tournament.

Hixx

Looks like we are wanting to sign Jeroen Zoet to replace Mig.

Never heard of him, but he's the Dutch u21 keeper..

bjaelke

"Numerous clubs made an approach including Internazionale and Liverpool, but I can't say more concrete things," he revealed.
"Balazs didn't ask the club to let him go because he feels good at the team and has a good partnership with coach Dan Petrescu.
"But anything can happen."
I can see he did fairly well at PSV before killing his career at Anzhi Machakalka. Now he's stuck in Russia and clearly desperate to get out.

GorillaJu

I can see he did fairly well at PSV before killing his career at Anzhi Machakalka. Now he's stuck in Russia and clearly desperate to get out.

Who dat?

Nevermind, found him. Too fucking old. 26? lol get a life grandpa your career in football is finished.

Meier

Awesome photo.

Some notes from the last week:
- Pellegrini brought his assistant manager, fitness coach and goalkeeping coach from Malaga, while also keeping Kidd in the coaching staff.
- Obviously mentioned a lot in here, but Isco will chose between Real and City within 7 days.
- Tall reserve keeper Pantilimon might be off to Hull for around £3.5m.
- Tevez might be off to Italy for &#8364;10-15m, though he said today he hasn't decided anything
- One day Dzeko is staying, the next he's traded or sold. Who knows.
- Pellegrini might or might not want Lescott, Barry and Tevez to stay, they all got 12 months left.
- Heavy sources from within City is saying that Pellegrini will have the final say in anything regarding transfers, he's seen as a manager and not a coach.

So, it's impossible to guess how City's striking force will look next season. Otherwise, there's not much transfer rumours atm.

Nice recap. Both the GK and fitness coaches are total dreamboats. The fitness coach has some serious guns. Also, I did see at least one article that mentioned Costel might fetch as much as £5m. I hate selling within the league but he deserves a shot.

panty

So apparently we don't have room for Isco because we have fucking Kaka. Why the hell haven't we offloaded him already, what a pos.

From Marca.

Arnie

Pellegrini's awesome. Just seen his interview; he's like a South American Wenger.

Can't believe we chose Roy fucking Hodgson over him.

Rad-

So apparently we don't have room for Isco because we have fucking Kaka. Why the hell haven't we offloaded him already, what a pos.

From Marca.

Do you really even have room for him if you sell Kaka? Isco's positions are filled by Özil and Ronaldo. And Isco is too good to be just a rotation player.

Pellegrini looks like he should be a cartel boss in Breaking Bad.

added note: I'm really liking The Last of Us. Just got past the part where you
get the car from Bill

Meier

Do you really even have room for him if you sell Kaka? Isco's positions are filled by Özil and Ronaldo. And Isco is too good to be just a rotation player.

He mentioned his concern about Madrid being playing time. Obviously City has Nasri but there's no doubt Isco would play ahead of him especially under Pellegrini. I'm sure they will try and sell that as cause for concern.

The smart move for him would be City but Madrid is an alluring choice for anyone. I'm still hopeful but it will be a nailbiter until he's signed for either team. I wish Denis Suarez were there at the U-21s and in his ear like all those Madrid kids are. :( He's only on the U-20 team though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom