• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
Do you want, like, 6 Dota 2's?

xXrgXG0.jpg

Clegg

Easy for you to say, you kraut loving Brazilian. You have the best squad in the world and can afford to sign mediocre players like Martinez for 40M€. Me? It's been three years and still no top striker in sight. Fiorentina will never sell us Jovetic for a reasonable price, Higuain is about to sign for Arsenal, Tevez will go to Milan. WE'RE DOOMED.
Would you like a slightly used Rooney?

Only £20m too!

Easy for you to say, you kraut loving Brazilian. You have the best squad in the world and can afford to sign mediocre players like Martinez for 40M€. Me? It's been three years and still no top striker in sight. Fiorentina will never sell us Jovetic for a reasonable price, Higuain is about to sign for Arsenal, Tevez will go to Milan. WE'RE DOOMED.
Wayne Rooney.

Bo-Locks

The Interview!!

Holy fuck LOLLLLL Derek Llambeeezee.

This is great. He's definitely pissed.

This summary is lifted from redcafe in turn lifted from a Newcastle forum:

Lambeatty resigned as director of football (about 10 days ago).

The Geordies are influenced by the media up here.

Manager of the year 3 times, travelled the world as a manager.

Snidey press around the area with a grudge.

Didn't dance to tune of Geordie media.

No ego.

We need a striker.

Carr, Pardew, Kinnear will sit down and discuss transfers.

The word crap mentioned more than once.

Press feeding it to the Newcastle fans.

Seen much of newcastle last season? Yes

Yohan Cobards.

See-see

Hatem ben affry

Shola anamobey, brother getting better and better, gutiery

Money for transfers? Michael generous owner - one of best in business. Giving him our business plan, up to newcastle standard.

Finished 5th season before, last season something like 15th or 16th off the bottom.

Message to newcastle fans? - shall I bring Lambasie back in? What do they want? I can open the door to any manager in the world. Can speak to any manager in the league. Some are talking out their backsides, a load of tosh.

Clegg

Hmm bit late to this but it sounds like Nani may well stay at United. He said he doesn't want to go back to Portugal cos he thinks he should be playing above that level...which would rule out most of the clubs in for him, you would think.

I'd be happy with that. If we can't get more than £6m for him then he may aswell stay and maybe somehow find some consistency and form.

He only has a year left on his contract though.

He'd have to sign a new one with us but so far he hasn't shown any interest in accepting our terms.

Zabojnik

Hmm bit late to this but it sounds like Nani may well stay at United. He said he doesn't want to go back to Portugal cos he thinks he should be playing above that level...which would rule out most of the clubs in for him, you would think.

I'd be happy with that. If we can't get more than £6m for him then he may aswell stay and maybe somehow find some consistency and form.

How much is he making at United? I don't understand why we don't at least pretend we're interested. We need a classy winger, desperately. I'd rather we signed Robben, but hey, Nani's not that bad either.

Lightning

Banned

Why not sell him to us? He will fit right in along with Higuain!

Fry

Are they willing to replace Sharaawy? Because I can't see City selling him otherwise.

I think he'll go to Juventus, if anywhere.

He only has a year left on his contract though.

He'd have to sign a new one or let his current one expire and go on a free.
I know but if there is nobody he will willing to move to what can we do? He could have gone for £20m last summer but he didn't want to. If he stays I'm not that fussed missing out on £6m, although I'm sure the club will. You never know maybe he hits some form and signs an extension.

How much is he making at United? I don't understand why we don't at least pretend we're interested. We need a classy winger, desperately. I'd rather we signed Robben, but hey, Nani's not that bad either.
Probably like £60 at a guess. Definitely not £100k+.

Why not sell him to us? He will fit right in along with Higuain!
lol go away were not selling you anyone

Zabojnik

You have money, we have striker. I'd really prefer it if Gomez went to a great club like Juventus, instead of wasting his talents at Fiorentina.

We're covered there. We've got Llorente incoming. We need a Jovetic or a Tevez more so than a Gomez or even Higuain. Not that I would complain if we signed the latter.

Are they willing to replace Sharaawy? Because I can't see City selling him otherwise.

I think he'll go to Juventus, if anywhere.

We'll see. I'd prefer it if we bought a younger striker, but all in all, he'd be perfect for us.

Yen

Upstream Color is very good. His two ultra low budget films have been very good. He needs to sellout now, become the new Lynch or Aronofsky, or something.

Clegg

I know but if there is nobody he will willing to move to what can we do? He could have gone for £20m last summer but he didn't want to. If he stays I'm not that fussed missing out on £6m, although I'm sure the club will. You never know maybe he hits some form and signs an extension.
This must come as a blow to Nani. He probably thought more clubs would have shown an interest in him.

We'll have 4 wingers in our squad next season if he stays; thats too many. We could see Zaha loaned out again and I'm not sure how I'd feel about that. For £15m you'd want him to be in your team fairly regularly.

This must come as a blow to Nani. He probably thought more clubs would have shown an interest in him.

We'll have 4 wingers in our squad next season if he stays; thats too many. We could see Zaha loaned out again and I'msure how I'd feel about that. For £15m you'd want him to be in your team fairly regularly.
It probably is a blow to him - but maybe that's a good thing.

I think 4 wingers is okay. Problem is we have players like Giggs, Welbeck and Kagawa who also end up playing there.

But it's a long season, lots of games and there will be injuries. Not fussed having 4 wingers, just wish we had better ones.

kharma45

We'll have 4 wingers in our squad next season if he stays; thats too many. We could see Zaha loaned out again and I'msure how I'd feel about that. For £15m you'd want him to be in your team fairly regularly.

Zaha won't be loaned out, he'll probably start quite a few games.

Also fuck Nani the cunt, I hope this brings him down to earth with a bang. No one wants an inconsistent, petulant Ronaldo wannabe. Wanker.

Arnie

Man of Steel was a load of fucking shite. If anyone is considering it don't waste your money.

Schadenfreude is kicking in. All those goobers with Superman avatars thinking it's going to be their bible.

looooooool

I think you're almost there tbh.

You should spend the entire night watching YouTube videos of him.
About to resume TLoU with a second brew.

Had to take a break after the intro it was that good.

Will watch videos in bed later.

UMF UMF UMF

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 7m
Daily Mail: UEFA have given ex-United CEO David Gill the power to recommend punishment for clubs who breach FFP, including United's rivals.

#gilluminati

kharma45

Schadenfreude is kicking in. All those goobers with Superman avatars thinking it's going to be their bible.

looooooool

I went in with zero expectations as I expected it to be bad going by reviews but I still managed to come away disappointed, and extremely bored.

LNBL

We need someone to sit on the bench while we see how good Westwood is sorry bruv

Yohann Kebab is trending on twitter. I LOVE FOOTBALL

In all honesty i don't even know if Zoet is ready to be 1st goalie at PSV, and definitely not in the PL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom