• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Still no Versus XIII from Square. Fuck that company....

Also Kingdom Hearts better be released to the west as well or fuck them again!!!

lol Versus XIII. I don't know if it or Last Guardian are the biggest vaporware of the generation.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
MLS Cup Final 2012 Worse than One Year Ago
well the good news is that nearly 500k of those viewers watched it in Spanish so that leaves about 200k non-hispanic viewers. But Im sure it has to do with a fan's MLS team not making it to the final or its "another snorefest final from Galaxy 2011" that could've influenced the lack of viewership. Most of my family watched the final because Becks was leaving and cuz they needed some soccer to kill time before the Xolos vs Toluca final. So Im sure thats one of the reasons why there's a huge boost in numbers for the latino MLS viewership. I expected better non-hispanic numbers tho.

Overall, MLS is becoming is irrelevant really fast even WITH famous footballers on some MLS teams. Even golf beat MLS final ratings by 0.1; MLS=0.7 , golf= 0.8 lol

MLS is going papi

Mumei

Supposedly not as bad as it looks, nothing seems to be torn. Should be back soon, maybe even this weekend for a match against Betis.

Excellent.

I picked up Simon Kuper's Ajax, the Dutch, the War: The Strange Tale of Soccer During Europe's Darkest Hour from the library the day before yesterday; I'm going to try to read it before the year is up.

Timurid

My uncle got me a soccer ball which is his way of telling me im fat
:lol

tumblr_mcmkbrrl531qdcel5o6_250.gif

Linius

Excellent.

I picked up Simon Kuper's Ajax, the Dutch, the War: The Strange Tale of Soccer During Europe's Darkest Hour from the library the day before yesterday; I'm going to try to read it before the year is up.

Ajax and the war? This is relevant to my interests. Gonna check this out =)

Blablurn

1711876689-kurve-lAO4GnNNj09.jpg

translated: "is this what you want?"

i hate our ultras. they were staying away from the game cause of some dispute about some random uefa regulations. fucking pricks.

Lightning

Banned
Arsenal offering Sagna a joke contract. Same wages and 1 year deal. We should hold him to his last year though then he'd leave a 31 year old since we wont get piss all for a transfer fee anyway and he's not on good wages.

pulga

Banned
Dishonored is very fun so far. I feel like a master assasin. Havent killed a person yet during the first "level".

Go home Andres, youre drunk.

Zabojnik

Nah, it was more like "if you have any doubts, think more about who's behind than who's at the top [of the league]", does that looks like "favour inter" to you? It could also mean "don't help Juve" for example and it was said in a call between Bergamo(designatore) & Rodomonti(ref), were they working for Inter? Nope, so i don't understand what are we guilty of in this case, are we responsible for what other people say?
EDIT: It was this match, right?
I really don't see any help from the ref(he probably didn't send Toldo off 'cos two defenders caught up with Zalayeta), quite the opposite, back-pass to Buffon and could have given us a penalty if he really wanted to help us.

I'm not saying the ref favoured Inter in that specific match, it was just an example to show how Bergamo and Pairetto were clearly under pressure and tried to accomodate a lot of Serie A managers, mostly from big clubs. Like for example, Facchetti calls Bergamo and complains about the refs in that Inter - Juve and they assure him they'll send the best international refs they got. Carraro does basically the same thing. Then, three hours before the match, Bergamo calls Rodomonti and tells him "you've worked hard to be here, I expect a perfect game from you ... there's a 15 point difference between the two teams ... if you have any doubts, think about the one behind [Inter] ... and that's something that'll remain between the two of us."

Think of it what you will, they never found a single phone call in which one of the two refree designators tried to influence a ref in Juve's favour. Moggi talked to them, sure, wanted this ref or that ref, but Facchetti, Meani and others did the exact same thing. Which Bergamo & Pairetto admitted from the beginning, saying they were just trying to keep everybody happy, but strangely enough, we had to wait years for those non-Juve related calls to surface. No thanks to Palazzi or the FIGC. Everybody wanted some kind of guarantee ("don't send me that one, he fucked us in that match, give me the other one, the good one") and while it was a shameful practice, which had to be stopped, nobody was ever cought saying incriminating stuff like "tell the ref to call a penalty in our favour" or something of the same magnitude. You could argue that they didn't need to, as the refs knew exactly who they didn't want to displease, but that's still a long shot from "Moggi picked the refs" or what have you.

FootballFan

Who here is watching the Club World Cup game?

My boys Auckland City going to win the whole thing. :lol

First game to use goal line technology apparently.

Kenka

Heh, a ban in the NBA community thread for meta complaints:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=45082139&highlight=#post45082139

Community is not exempt from the new (old) rules.

/wait, that's meta too - pls don't ban :|
I don't think talking about Meta-GAF (Meta-Meta-GAF) is banned by Evilore's decree. But yeah, talking about a topic can be perceived as off-topic.
I might very well say something about football then. My prophecy for the draw on Thursday:

Code:
[B]Paris Saint-Germain[/B] 	Milan 
[B]Schalke 04[/B] 	        Galatasaray 
[B]Málaga[/B]                  Celtic
[B]Borussia Dortmund[/B]       Shakhtar Donetsk
[B]Juventus[/B] 	        Valencia 
[B]Bayern Munich[/B] 	        Arsenal
[B]Barcelona[/B] 	        Porto
[B]Manchester United[/B] 	Real Madrid

All second ranked teams in their group fly out in the last 16.
If Schalke - Galatasary happens, prepare for the biggest club football fiesta ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom