• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
port-st-willow-holiday-e1337038625325.jpg

Really liked Port St. Willow - Holiday this year.

fuenf

I'll admit it, I pretty much listened to Lana Del Rey's Born to Die all year. So I guess, that makes it my AOTY.

sohois

I've only listened to one new album this year, which was The National Health by Maximo Park. I liked it a lot. So there's that.

Also the Hotline Miami soundtrack if it counts was outstanding.

Meier

Beach House is probably my AOTY. Here is my top songs playlist that I've been building on rdio.

1 Disconnected
Keane - Strangeland (Deluxe Version)

2 The Only Place
Best Coast - The Only Place (Deluxe Edition)

3 Runaways
The Killers - Battle Born (Deluxe Edition)

4 Hail Bop
Django Django - Django Django

5 Thinkin Bout You
Frank Ocean - channel ORANGE

6 Hold On
Alabama Shakes - Boys & Girls

7 Sail Away (Aeroplane Remix)
The Rapture - In The Grace Of Your Love - Deluxe Edition

8 Little Talks
Of Monsters And Men - My Head Is An Animal

9 Comeback Kid
Sleigh Bells - Reign of Terror

10 The House That Heaven Built
Japandroids - Celebration Rock

11 Vowels = Space and Time
Grimes - Visions

12 All Of Me
Tanlines - Mixed Emotions

13 Slide
Jake Bugg - Two Fingers EP

14 Breathing Underwater
Metric - Synthetica

15 Same Love (feat. Mary Lambert)
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - The Heist

16 Vegas
Tennis - Young & Old

17 Madness
Muse - The 2nd Law

18 Irene
Beach House - Bloom

Hixx

Oh wait I did listen to more than one album. Dat memory.

Sleigh Bells new one was fucking shite, Passion Pit's was ok, Bloc Party's was disappointing, deadmau5's was ok I liked the collab with Cyprus Hill, Crystal Castle's was shit.

Didn't know Tame Impala had a new album out so I will have to give that a listen.

Meier

Slizz

I'm telling I feel a good chunk of you guys would like Big Boi's album.

Tracklist:
1. Ascending
2. The Thickets feat. Sleepy Brown
3. Apple Of My Eye
4. Objectum Sexuality feat. Phantogram
5. In The A feat. T.I. & Ludacris
6. She Hates Me feat. KiD CuDi
7. CPU feat. Phantogram
8. Thom Pettie feat. Little Dragon & Killer Mike
9. Mama Told Me feat. Kelly Rowland
10. Lines feat. A$AP Rocky & Phantogram
11. Shoes For Running feat. B.o.B. & Wavves
12. Raspberries feat. Mouche & Scar
13. Tremendous Damage feat. Bosko
14. Descending feat. Little Dragon

Deluxe
15. Higher Res feat. Jai Paul & Little Dragon
16. Gossip feat. UGK & Big K.R.I.T.
17. She Said OK Big Boi & Theophilus London feat. Tre Luce

Telling you its a crazy like Indie rock/pop album with an amazing rapper over the music.

Meier

I am a huge fan of Marina's first album but found the new one to be terribly underwhelming. Fans of hers should check out Icona Pop -- we're seeing them open for her in a few weeks. It's a very good pairing. I like their song with Charli XCX who is also pretty fun. She opened for Sleigh Bells when I saw them in London in March.. was supposed to play a fest here last month but pulled out at the last minute unfortunately.

sohois

Posts by Meier and Hixx have reminded me that I also listened to more than one album this year. After all the posters going on about it in this thread, I tried The Killers - Battle Born.

It was shit. Thanks a lot Fry.

faridmon

I hated the new Marina and the Diamond Album. Because it sounded like a poor-mans Lady Gaga.

Looking at this page, I think I might be the only one :/

Posts by Meier and Hixx have reminded me that I also listened to more than one album this year. After all the posters going on about it in this thread, I tried The Killers - Battle Born.

Its your fault. You have listenend to Fry of all people. Fucking Fry!!!

Wilbur

Banned
Slizz I'll check Big Boi out later

thumbsup

Zabojnik

Music talk? As always, I feel obligated to counter this (pretty good, admittedly!) indie/whatever stuff with some ballsy recommendations. For instance, Periphery's new album is fantastic. Takes a while to get into, especially if you're not into the progressive metal's subgenre that is djent. I'm not, actually, but Periphery's been growing on me. Nevertheless, the band really has come into their own with this second album, from Spencer's vocals to Misha's, Jake's & Mark's guitar work. Saw them live when they were opening for Dream Theater earlier this year, had a blast.

It's only been a few years since the debut, but it already feels like they've come quite a long way from ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GfIoi9eG0A

They have some great guests on the new album too.

Wes Hauch on Mile Zero:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz3E_JNW4oU

John Petrucci on Erised:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khACKq23bC8

Guthrie Gowan on Have A Blast:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6c8Cl3Hka0

Mastadon

Banned
Highly recommend you check out Big Boi's album Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors. Almost every track has a feature from an Indie artist and lots of songs use live instruments for the beats instead of a machine.

Blew my mind at how different of a hip-hop album it was.

I have no idea how I missed this! I'll grab it tonight.

3Sixty

I'm telling I feel a good chunk of you guys would like Big Boi's album.

Tracklist:
1. Ascending
2. The Thickets feat. Sleepy Brown
3. Apple Of My Eye
4. Objectum Sexuality feat. Phantogram
5. In The A feat. T.I. & Ludacris
6. She Hates Me feat. KiD CuDi
7. CPU feat. Phantogram
8. Thom Pettie feat. Little Dragon & Killer Mike
9. Mama Told Me feat. Kelly Rowland
10. Lines feat. A$AP Rocky & Phantogram
11. Shoes For Running feat. B.o.B. & Wavves
12. Raspberries feat. Mouche & Scar
13. Tremendous Damage feat. Bosko
14. Descending feat. Little Dragon

Deluxe
15. Higher Res feat. Jai Paul & Little Dragon
16. Gossip feat. UGK & Big K.R.I.T.
17. She Said OK Big Boi & Theophilus London feat. Tre Luce

Telling you its a crazy like Indie rock/pop album with an amazing rapper over the music.

Is it as good as Sir Lucious left foot?

Yen

My song of the year is Best Coast - The Only Place.

I can't even remember what albums I've bought this year. The two I was most hyped for were Dinosaur Jr's and BTBAM's new albums, and I bought neither of them! Should get them now.

Carbonox

That contract requirement is not unrealistic. It would give the owners grounds to fire if their terms aren't met by Pardew, though it also doesn't mean they WOULD fire him should he finish below 6th, unless it's loooooow in the bottom half. :lol

If the clause exists, it's there just as insurance so that Newcastle aren't paying out a 6 or 7 year contract to Pardew. It's pretty reasonable when you think about it, and there's probably some language about when it can come into effect.

If the clause exists, it's there just as insurance so that Newcastle aren't paying out a 6 or 7 year contract to Pardew. It's pretty reasonable when you think about it, and there's probably some language about when it can come into effect.

It gives Pardew fuck all security if the clause is as high as sixth though

'We've lost twice in a row, finished seventh last year and there's another manager on the market. Clear your desk, say your goodbyes and fuck off'

Simple as that if those are the terms. The minimum table position must be lower than sixth

Kyoufu

It probably exists, but I don't think the owners expect top 6 this season when they didn't spend money in the summer.

Meier

If footballers aren't in sponsored clothing, they're wearing a white (or black) t-shirt with a black and white print on it. Probably with Tony Montana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom