• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

xintin

Yes, but only in standard def and it looks horrible on my old school 50'' rear projection tv. It's academic for me anyway as I'm about to leave for a morning wedding. I was just surprised that ESPN opted to carry that game instead of Arsenal vs. #5 in the table. I guess it's because Arsenal is 10th.
ESPN's (US) schedule is set all the way until the end of February. I'm guessing the games on now are part of a schedule they set from the start of the season.

Hixx

Plus everyone in America loves watching Sunderland. They love their slow, tactical build ups with ad breaks every 30 seconds.

Salazar

Liverpool don't seem to have anybody apart from Suarez and a really poor Steven Gerrard.

btErX.jpg

Hilarious.

iQFE26MFd8hjV.gif

Still can't believe people thinks it looked that good, some even asking if it's next gen, wtf, on the graphics side it was pretty damn unimpressive.

Plus everyone in America loves watching Sunderland. They love their slow, tactical build ups with ad breaks every 30 seconds.

Not just Americans, Sunderland is a team appreciated all over the world.

Spain did however have players capable of scoring.

Liverpool don't seem to have anybody apart from Suarez and a really poor Steven Gerrard.

E - Remember, Spain chose to play without a striker despite having several very capable ones. Liverpool are doing something different.

I think you'll be characteristically gash in the final third and West Ham will nick it.

And we'll get to see Sam dance again.

On the other hand, a lot of our goalscoring problems have come from the system and tactics only really allowing Suarez to constantly be in the box. Hopefully we'll tailor our tactics (assuming we play without a 'striker') to get Sterling/Suso/Downing(lol)/Gerrard/Assaidi into dangerous positions more often.

I fully expect to lose, and see very little chance of us winning, but I think its a tad simplistic to just assume that you take Suarez out of the team and our entire ability to score goes out the window.

And regardless, if our defense can carry on doing what its been doing, 1 or 2 goals might be enough to nick it.

Hopefully West Ham try long balls, which would hopefully allow us to take control in the middle, especially with Lucas back

Blablurn

iQFE26MFd8hjV.gif

Still can't believe people thinks it looked that good, some even asking if it's next gen, wtf, on the graphics side it was pretty damn unimpressive.

well it certainly doesnt look like next gen but it looks like the developers put way more effort in that game / engine than many other developers this gen. it definitely has something special.

Hixx

iQFE26MFd8hjV.gif

We have a branch in Western Australia that means we are a massive club

xintin

iQFE26MFd8hjV.gif

I was more impressed by the premise. trippin' balls while trying to escape a burning building/murder squad could be a fun sequence of the game.

I want to take the hook arm off and throw it at people

Chelsea team for Sunderland: Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz, Cole, Romeu, Ramires, Hazard, Mata, Moses, Torres.

Harsh on Oscar, should have rested Hazard midweek but Moses has done well. Good to see Romeu in there (even if it was a dead cert with Mikel's ban).

3 points today would be much appreciated.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Chelsea team for Sunderland: Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz, Cole, Romeu, Ramires, Hazard, Mata, Moses, Torres.

Harsh on Oscar, should have rested Hazard midweek but Moses has done well. Good to see Romeu in there (even if it was a dead cert with Mikel's ban).

3 points today would be much appreciated.

I don't really understand why Hazard keeps getting played ahead of Oscar. Maybe he's another of Roman's favourites.

I don't really understand why Hazard keeps getting played ahead of Oscar. Maybe he's another of Roman's favourites.

Hazard is a much more finished product (though he still have improving to do) than Oscar and Rafa said all 3 (inc Mata) are too similar to play together all the time.
The problem with Hazard is he has been playing every game, needs a week off and should have had this this week.

3Sixty

Always like it when Saints are talked about on Soccer Saturday.

Obviously Le Tiss is a legend but also Jeff is a regular at St Marys as he lives down this way.

Ushojax

Arsenal team:

Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gervinho, Giroud.

3Sixty

Saints team: K. Davis, Clyne, Fonte, Yoshida, Shaw, Puncheon, Cork, Schneiderlin, Lallana (c), Lambert, Rodriguez. #saintsfc

Uh Oh Davis back in. Gaston on the bench :(

Ushojax

"1 - Arsenal's Santi Cazorla has provided only one assist in his last 11 Premier League appearances. Rusty."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom